PDA

View Full Version : Current mood option?

Microcosm
June 3rd, 2014, 12:56 AM
Right beside where the name, age, location,etc. is. I'm talking about adding one more option under that that states the current mood(happy,depressed,excited,etc.). I think this would be a good idea and a good, simple addition to the forums that could help people better understand another persons mood.

Harley Quinn
June 3rd, 2014, 02:38 AM
I've always hated those types of customisations honestly, I see no real need for them when there's plenty of threads on the forum where you can post your mood.

Luminous
June 3rd, 2014, 10:39 AM
I've been on forums where they had those, and nobody ever really used them. I know I probably wouldn't here, at least not often, and a lot of other people would be the same way. And like Siobhan said, there are plenty of threads where you post how you're feeling, so do we really need to implement a whole new mod for it?

Hollywood
June 3rd, 2014, 10:46 AM
Seems kind of pointless to me, we've gone this long without them and it hasn't been a problem.

backjruton
June 3rd, 2014, 10:59 AM
All I can say is... on facebook you can add how you're feeling to a status. that's good, to say "feeling bored" and other things like that. It would be good in a way in my experience because sometimes when I'm in a bad mood I find it hard to express my feelings and why I'm feeling that way, it would be kinda cool if we were able to put how we're feeling over our posts (we can just type it too though if we really wanted to...) while we were writing them; like "backjruton - feeling anxious" :lol:

there doesn't seem to be much point in it, for the most part, but i myself can slightly see the uses :P

Plane And Simple
June 3rd, 2014, 11:25 AM
tYou know I liked the idea at first, but I'm on a forum that has it and no one uses it often. If you could change it somewhere like under "Private Messages X sent, X Received..." I see the point, but having to go all the way to the User CP Makes it a bit worthless.

Miserabilia
June 3rd, 2014, 01:00 PM
Well if it was there I might use it when I feel like it, but mostly when you're just quickly browsing the forum you won't take the time to change it, which may be confusing when your mood says the same thing for a month while you post about different moods, etc.
I guess it depends on the way it was implimented.
I'd think it's okay if it's like an extra thing you could add to each of your posts, or something?
I dunno.

Luminous
June 3rd, 2014, 01:06 PM
Well if it was there I might use it when I feel like it, but mostly when you're just quickly browsing the forum you won't take the time to change it, which may be confusing when your mood says the same thing for a month while you post about different moods, etc.
I guess it depends on the way it was implimented.
I'd think it's okay if it's like an extra thing you could add to each of your posts, or something?
I dunno.

Thanks for bringing that up - we already have that! If you hit 'Reply' on a thread, or go to 'Quick Reply' and hit 'Go Advanced', look below the box where you enter in your post. There are a few post icons. For this post, I've chosen the :D face. You can see it up where it says "Re: Current mood option?".

Miserabilia
June 3rd, 2014, 01:09 PM
Thanks for bringing that up - we already have that! If you hit 'Reply' on a thread, or go to 'Quick Reply' and hit 'Go Advanced', look below the box where you enter in your post. There are a few post icons. For this post, I've chosen the :D face. You can see it up where it says "Re: Current mood option?".

oh I know that system.
hehe now I realize that what I said is about the same.
Yes I use that occasionaly,
but I meant something like, it really says something like "Written by cheese at *enter time here*, mood: *enter mood here*",
as the post icons feel more like smileys or symbols than moods, like the arrow and the question mark.
However that's hardly a difference so yea I take it all back :lol:

Typhlosion
June 6th, 2014, 05:25 PM
I don't see a real need to this. It would be a few extra clicks to change your mood everytime (and for that, would never use the feature). Also, if your mood was relevant to your post, wouldn't it be easier to add it when necessary?

If you want to show off your mood, you could always keep editing your signature.