PDA

View Full Version : Small crisis...

Kacey
June 1st, 2014, 06:54 PM
So earlier my TV fried out. Now I have to tell my dad when he gets home in about an hour... I am really nervous :( I don't want him to be mad at me, because it wasn't my fault... But I am afraid he will be mad if I tell him the truth... What should I do?

CosmicNoodle
June 1st, 2014, 06:57 PM
Hi, me again.
Just tell him the truth. "Dad, I turned the TV on and it blew up". That's the best way to go about it. I don't think he'll be mad at you. Just be honest, don't lie to him. Just tell the truth.

Good luck :)

TheN3rdyOutcast
June 1st, 2014, 07:16 PM
Well, if it wasn't your fault, then most likely, he wouldn't be mad. But if he's had a bad day at work, I would reccommend letting him cool down a minute before breaking the news.

Kacey
June 1st, 2014, 07:25 PM
Hi, me again.
Just tell him the truth. "Dad, I turned the TV on and it blew up". That's the best way to go about it. I don't think he'll be mad at you. Just be honest, don't lie to him. Just tell the truth.

Good luck :)
This is what I am going to try to tell him...
Well, if it wasn't your fault, then most likely, he wouldn't be mad. But if he's had a bad day at work, I would reccommend letting him cool down a minute before breaking the news.
He is strange. Nothing happens without someone being at fault, and in my case, I am the only person who was around. Let's just hope he accepts that all I did was turn it on...

Kacey
June 1st, 2014, 08:31 PM
Well, I told him, and he was mad about it dying, but not mad at me (besides previously leaving the TV on a lot... He was mad about that) He told me he would take it to get it fixed, but that will be a while... :whoops: I can deal with that...

TheN3rdyOutcast
June 2nd, 2014, 08:51 AM
This is what I am going to try to tell him...

He is strange. Nothing happens without someone being at fault, and in my case, I am the only person who was around. Let's just hope he accepts that all I did was turn it on...

Yeowch, my dad can be that way sometimes. What I would do is if he does blame me, don't argue with him, that would only get him angrier, and more determined to prove me wrong.