PDA

View Full Version : Wanting an eating disorder??

Fifi13
June 1st, 2014, 05:18 PM
Ok so I know that this is going to make me sound stupid and like an attention seeker, but I really want an eating disorder. Not for attention! I just feel like I need something, like an addiction, and I want to be skinny! I know all the statistics and side effects and I understand it's a really serious mental disorder, yet I still want one! I've cried so many times because I can't make myself purge and I have no self control and it makes me hate myself! Please no hate, I didn't mean this offensively as I do understand how much it affects the sufferer and the people close to them but I was just wondering if anyone else has felt the same or know what I should do! Xx

TheN3rdyOutcast
June 1st, 2014, 05:28 PM
You don't need to purge, please don't. Purging is something like cutting, once you start, binging and purging, you can't stop.

I don't even know you, and I'm sure that you're very pretty just the way you are, you don't have to starve yourself to make yourself look like the supermodels, be YOU.
And if you really DO want to lose weight, please don't go to extremes. A little bit of diet and exercise can go a loooooong way, trust me, I've lost plenty of weight without having to rob myself of the nutrients that I need, and you don't either.
I really hope this helps. :console:

Syvelocin
June 1st, 2014, 05:48 PM
I understand the feeling, just first know I have to say something otherwise I feel morally wrong: you don't want this. I have overcome drugs, self-harm, suicidal thoughts, abuse, etc. and it's my ED that still has control over me. Sure, I have made progress on that front, don't get me wrong, but it's the only one that keeps coming back for me, not to mention even if I "recovered," I still have to deal with the affects of it.

Anorexia and bulimia are not self-control. You have more control over yourself now than you will if you start down that road. It's odd, as for me the draw WAS the control, but in the end you are a slave to that voice in the back of your mind and it won't let you go easily.

That out of the way, how people overcome "addictions" is replacing them with something else. You don't have an eating disorder yet, but you might benefit from the same idea. The obvious choices would be exercise (although be careful) or a healthy meal plan (not a diet), but any sort of lifestyle change or good habit could benefit. Anything to distract you too. And sometimes, we aren't ready to change. Don't get frustrated if you keep "failing" (although, what's that famous quote? Failure can only be achieved if you stop trying or whatever it is) cause maybe you aren't ready for drastic lifestyle changes. I remember with self-harm, I was unable to stop for years and then one day I was fully ready and I literally stopped just like that, with only one or two slip-ups in the coming months. Of course, that's how I've always operated, but I'm of firm belief that someone can't get better unless they are fully ready and committed.

thatgothgirluknow
June 1st, 2014, 05:58 PM
please dont try it its not what it seems its not something u want to deal with its self harm
so once u start its really hard to stop it takes over your life i have friends that used to go to bed and wake up in the hospital from it and all though u may think u want to be skiny skiny like that isnt something u want on top of that if its looks ur after i can asure u ur buetifull and an eating disorder will make ur hair fall out and u really really sick pl dnt do it

bob97
June 1st, 2014, 08:37 PM
A girl in my grade died because she was malnourished and got a virus
her immune system was crappy bc she had eating disorders. You dont want that. I'm sure your perfect the way you are

CuteGuy889
June 7th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Thing is that when u are skinny u wanna get skinnier and this forms a visous cycle. When I used to be skinny till 15 or so I wanted to lose more and infact ate very very little......Ttill I was 16 I used to be really stick skinny ..then suddenly I started putting on weight despite a very poor diet....It was really embarrassing, everybody saying "you've put on and patting my tummy and alll...I was devastated, I wanted my washboard abs.to show off at beach...After much thought i saw...this is normal weight gain of growing up. I gave up dieting and started eating lyk a normal teen.....my waist went from a skinny 26 in to healthy 32 in....I now weigh 64kg from 48kg at 5 foot 10...and I continue to put on weight .still I go to beach...go shirtless...my tummy may not have rips it had earlier and may be shiny and plump but that is the normal........added advantage is my butt which was non existent before has now grown to be a really cute bubble butt...my GF cant keep her hands off my new bubble butt!!!.....

andybn
June 7th, 2014, 10:37 PM
I know what you're talking about, I have felt that way before too, except I can't explain why just like you.

Ben_Frost
June 8th, 2014, 08:55 PM
You don't need an eating disorder to lose weight, there are many healthy alternatives to do so without straining yourself like that... people die because of those. Excercise and diet, it does work, it worked for me!

aurident
June 14th, 2014, 02:22 AM
You don't want to kill yourself just so you look pretty and skinny. Healthy lifestyle is what you need, like diet and exercise. If you have a dog, then run with him in order to burn some calories and stop eating unhealthy foods.

xXoblivionXx
June 17th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Do you think that maybe you just want to be skinny and not have an eating disorder?

tbake98
June 17th, 2014, 01:51 PM
There are better ways to lose weight, and be "skinny", besides damaging your body and depriving it of nutrients that it needs. Diet, exercise... something as easy as walking every day and drinking more water than soda. There's no need to potentially harm yourself for the sake of an outter apperance...

TheAwesomeCoder
June 18th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Having eating disorder can be a problem in the future

CrazyPerson101
June 24th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Having a eating disorder can and will mess your body up, your hormones / chemicals become unbalanced, you in crease your risk for different things ( heart attacks can be deadly ) and alot more. Im 5"4 & 1/2 and 89 pounds , Some months ill eat noramlly and some months Im not hungry so I starve myself but not like extreme cause sometimes I have to force myself to eat , you don't want a eating disorder , I don't think I have one but you don't want it

Danny Phantom
June 25th, 2014, 08:43 PM
I don't know why anyone would want an eating disorder. I've been fighting bulimia for 6 years, heck I was able to quit smoking easier than this! The guilt I have every time I eat, the self shaming, the constant work I do to look right, the purging, these are all things I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Call Me Josh
June 29th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Although I have never had any personal problems when it comes to eating disorders, I have seen and read enough to know that regardless of what it is, whether you're not eating enough or eating a lot in a certain period of time, an eating disorder is most certainly not something you want. It will not only affect your health, but you'll be potentially risking your life. If you feel as if you want to lose weight, then exercise and diet is what can help. It's cliche, I know, but it's said frequently because it's true. Get into working out to burn off calories, and change your diet to one that is more friendly and natural.

Also, I must ask; how often are you exposed to eating disorders? Do you have any friends or relatives that suffer from one, or do you frequently see reference to them online and on television? I feel as if you may be influenced greatly by the world around you, and could potentially be the cause of your desire for an eating disorder.

Anathema
June 29th, 2014, 01:31 PM
i felt that way once but then i realised i bet if i gave myself one i'd end up regretting it greatly and thought it just isn't worth it

hope all is ok xx

SoccerLover42
July 4th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Hey girl! Look I have thought about this but then said screw it because I love food way too much. All you have to remember is that you are beautiful just the way you are. There is no need to hurt yourself like this just to look "pretty"! Trust me, super duper skinny is NOT in! (If you are naturally skinny and read this don't be offended. Didn't mean it that way.) If you eat healthy and play a healthy sport like soccer or basketball you should look great and feel great! Don't give up on food! Food is amazing yum.... :) If you find yourself thinking about purging, go talk to someone! There are plenty of people willing to listen because they love you. Again, don't give up on good and don't give up on yourself! Hope this was helpful :)

CharlieHorse
July 4th, 2014, 03:13 PM
I think I know what you mean. In some cases of an eating disorder, the person feels addicted to the control it makes them feel. This may be what you're craving.
The only thing I can think of now would be to put that desire of control towards a good cause, like in a hobby. Master something you love, instead of hurting yourself.

Hope this helps. :/

elmers_gliu
July 14th, 2014, 01:53 PM
I would definitely be safe and just try to eat healthy. Remember, slow and steady wins the race :metal::)

Sammy1026
September 15th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Personally suffering from this. No matter how you say. No offense. It's not gonna make it like it not terribly awful that you are consciously seeking out an eating disorder. People with eating disorders know it's not about the fact of making yourself throw up. They know and don't care what they're doing to it. You say you can't make yourself throw up. You can. But you don't want to because you know it will hurt or cause problems. So you don't push hard enough. You say you don't have the control to stave. It's not about you having the control. The eating disorder itself controls you. People with eating disorders don't have the control to just eat. I'm sorry but I'm just really upset by this

SmokyChica
September 17th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Seriously, you don't want an eating disorder. It MESSES you up so badly. You want a healthy diet with exercise to get you skinny. And for an addiction? Get addicted to something good and happy like a hobby or fun pastime or talent you have. Because eating disorders don't make you skinny and they don't get you healthy. They make you sick more than you could imagine, and everyone has a different reaction to it. Trust me, be healthy; that's what a lot of people who actually have an eating disorder would do anything to be.

Deleted User
September 18th, 2014, 09:04 PM
You do not want an eating disorder.

You do not want to feel that sense of control slipping away to the point you feel like you can't control yourself. You may control what goes in and out of your body but your mind and your addiction to that control, ironically, controls you.

You do not want to be shivering all the time, even when you're bundled up, even in the summer when it's hot out.

You do not want to feel nauseous and dizzy, like you're going to pass out or vomit every time you stand up because you haven't eaten in two days.

You do not want to be unable to sleep because you're so hungry your stomach hurts but it hurts even more to think about making it stop.

You do not want the guilt that comes with wanting food. When your mind berates you for wanting something so "selfish".

You do not want the guilt that comes every time someone looks at you. Maybe the first time you get caught purging. Maybe it's the people in the halls at school looking at how your sweater is far too loose around your wrists. Maybe it's when your friends insist you have something to eat but you feel guilty for not eating in front of them but even guiltier when your mind yells at you if you do.

You do not want to look at yourself in the mirror and see two people: the one with the bags under their eyes and the bones sticking out in weird places but then the person who is still too fat. The person who can see every bit of body fat and know there's still a tiny bit more to lose. And that tiny bit just gets bigger and bigger.

You do not want to fall asleep crying because you don't want to be "fat" but you'd rather die than be in the amount of pain you go through to be skinny.

You do not want to go through that. You do not want to start on a path of wanting something that utterly destroys you. You'll think you're in control, that you can stop at any time, and maybe at first you can. But it does get worse. Because it is a disease, not a diet.

What you want is to be comfortable in your own body. You're allowed to want to lose weight. A lot of people do. But believe me when I say an eating disorder is not the way to do it. They are not glamourous, they are not to be envied, they are not to be wished for. For some people it's torture, for others it's a death sentence.

And the worst part, is that for recovered anorexics like me, there's still a part of you that wants all that pain. You always want to believe you can skip one meal and still be okay. But you know that's not true because look where it got you before? You hate yourself for being sick but you hate yourself for being healthy. And even after you're back at a regular weight, the rest doesn't just go away. There are permanent health problems for some people (I got lucky and got straightened out long before that) but the distress just recovery causes? You have to deal with that too. It's a no-win situation most of the time and you do not want that.

Wanting an eating disorder doesn't mean you want to be skinny, it means you want to be sick. And I don't believe that's actually what you want.

Renata_cmp
September 19th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Medias are suffocating us with thousands of images of skinny girls and muscular boys screaming almost shamelessely "this is how you're supposed to look!!! If you don't have that body you will never be happy!!!" And it's creating imo these terrible diseases... I had some experience with eating disorder before, and my best friend nearly killed himself a few month ago because he is "fat" and is so self consious about his body, it was too much for him to handle... Plus mean people keeps saying in his back "what a lazy fat loser, there's no way he's gonna find a girlfriend f he don't put on some muscles" or some shit like that... Well, all of this motivated me to go deeply into nutrition and fitness, and believe me or not, but he and I are making great progress with clean (it does not have to be privative) nutrition and just a little bit of exercise.
If you want to lose fat, don't go with eating disorders, it's like asking for cutting your arm off because you have a thorn in your thumb. If you want any advices about fitness, nutrition, self control or anything, PM me, i'll be more than glad to give you all the advices you want.

Karkat
September 25th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Ok, as someone suffering from both an addiction dealing with food and body image, and one/s that do not have to do with it

You don't want either. You do not want to have an addiction. You do not want to have an eating disorder. You do not want to give up control of your life to something that can fucking ruin you, kill you, and suck every drop of happiness out of your life.

Stop trying to purge now. In fact, fuck being skinny. I've been 'skinny' my whole life, and it's not really what it's cut out to be. I've been 85lb and I've been almost 160 lb, and you know which felt better?

Not the 85, let me tell you. I felt sick. I felt tired. I hated myself. One night, someone made a disgusting comment that made me realize how truly thin I was, and I have never felt so ugly in my life as I did then.

The media is fucked up. It's full of bullshit, and it's toxic. So are most people out there. Or should I say, "sheeple". They glamorize addictions, eating disorders, they make light of them, then they turn the blade on anyone who ACTUALLY suffers with them, and make them the butt of a joke. They want you to give up what they think is an act. They won't take you seriously. They won't help you, they will abandon you, they will kick you under the carpet. You might even lose people you love because they don't understand what you're going through.

It's not worth it.

SethfromMI
October 13th, 2014, 06:27 PM
I am not going to hate, but you don't want a disorder. eating disorders, as much damage they cause, become addictions. very dangerous addictions. if you want to lose weight, try eating a little healthier and start doing exercise. do it because you want to be healthier. but please, don't try to develop a eating disorder, it will only cause harm and you won't even feel good about yourself. usually people with eating disorders are never satisfied no matter what the "results" are

Pacaveli
October 14th, 2014, 09:53 PM
You don't need a addiction, find something more healthy. Be addicted to sports or school.

Elena_
October 15th, 2014, 10:57 AM
You don't need a addiction, find something more healthy. Be addicted to sports or school.

Or you can also be addicted to fruit , or to black chocolate (like me) , or to reading books ,or to music ... xD
I think we all want to look like Miranda Kerr or to Candice Swanepoel but ...
Yesterday I was talking with a boyfriend about "being skinny" and "to going in a diet" and all these things and he send me this pic

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fe/7a/96/fe7a9611d49394a0d56f0960fba0147b.jpg

Renata_cmp
October 18th, 2014, 05:42 PM
And to be all equals and stuff, here's the male version ;):
http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/apqO0RM_700b.jpg

amgb
January 1st, 2015, 08:13 AM
SORRY moderators I posted in a thread more than two months old :/