PDA

View Full Version : mental Hospital

TheN3rdyOutcast
May 31st, 2014, 07:54 AM
Towards the end of the year 2013, I spent 2 months total in a mental hospital (2 weeks inpatient, 6 weeks outpatient) after a near succeeded suicide attempt.

Has anybody else out there ever been in a mental hospital?
If so, what for and how long?

Deiform
May 31st, 2014, 08:01 AM
Been in inpatient in i think it was 4th grade for about 2 weeks, 7th grade i spent 4 weeks in outpatient day hospital, then near last year spent another 3 weeks in outpatient.

Hollywood
May 31st, 2014, 08:11 AM
The White Padded Room :arrow: Mental Illnesses

elmoc
June 7th, 2014, 01:01 PM
My brother has had problems with depression & been admitted to a psych hospital twice. Both admissions followed suicide threats. I think the hospital stays helped him quite a bit:
1. They kept him safe. He was unable to follow through with his suicide plans.
2. It gave the doctors a chance to find the best medications for his problems.
3. He went to group therapy & was able to start finding solutions to the problems that provoked the suicidal ideation.
4. In his case, he was afraid to tell the family that he is gay. While he was in the hospital, his counselor sat with him while he told of his sexuality. He expected the family to disown him. Our response was closer to "Is that all? We love you no matter what your sexuality is!"
5. We attended family therapy with him for a few months. Now he is finishing college, & has lived with his partner for two years. They plan to marry next year, & we love them both.

Not every situation turns out like ours, & I respect the OP for agreeing to admission. The primary purpose of the hospital is to keep you safe & start a good treatment plan for you.

There are many people that love you. Please remember than when you feel down, There is so much to live.

JamesSuperBoy
June 7th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Towards the end of the year 2013, I spent 2 months total in a mental hospital (2 weeks inpatient, 6 weeks outpatient) after a near succeeded suicide attempt.

Has anybody else out there ever been in a mental hospital?
If so, what for and how long?

Hope you feel better now -

thatgothgirluknow
June 7th, 2014, 06:51 PM
i stayed a week in a crisis center its a little differnt but pretty close i dnt know what out patient is so i cant say how long i was an out patient but i was there for a week for getting caught with a blade for cutting at school

CosmicNoodle
June 7th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I manages to get out of hospital after only two days. I got of lightly

gothy
June 7th, 2014, 07:05 PM
nope just threated that if i cut again they will have to send me there. They were serious. never caught me again. i know some people who were. dont know their stories however.

Syvelocin
June 12th, 2014, 12:23 AM
I've been twice. I really don't recommend it unless it's literally the only thing between you and hurting yourself, or in the case that you can't get medical care any other way. It really isn't pleasant. It's hard to describe, but it changed me a lot. I've talked to a few others who say they lost their innocence in a way, being committed. I know I've gotten a lot more cynical and my symptoms sky-rocketed a month after I was discharged the first time.

Of course, adolescent wards are a little nicer. The staff are still twats though and you are even less credible of course because you're a mentally ill teen so you obviously are stupid and can't make your own decisions. All I say is that you want to avoid it. The mental health field is insanely flawed and needs a serious revamp, the prime reason why I'm studying psychology. I don't know what I'll achieve if anything, but to make a difference in how mental health is handled would be my life's dream.

Abbeys
June 13th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Six weeks for depression.

Hallie
June 14th, 2014, 10:08 AM
I was in a mental hospital for one month because of a suicide attempt. One week in inpatient and three weeks in outpatient.

TheLoneWolf
June 14th, 2014, 10:21 AM
I've never been in a mental hospital but I was wondering about something you guys could give me an answer to maybe?
After you got out of the hospital, how did your friends react? Did they think you were crazy or anything.
And how did the teachers react?
Thank you!

thatgothgirluknow
June 14th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I've never been in a mental hospital but I was wondering about something you guys could give me an answer to maybe?
After you got out of the hospital, how did your friends react? Did they think you were crazy or anything.
And how did the teachers react?
Thank you!
none of my freinds knew except a few that i told the one said he was sry cause he got me sent there and the other just said it was stupid of me to get caught cutting and with a blade

Dennis98
July 7th, 2014, 01:57 PM
I was , but only talked and did some tests , because I was and I am still extremely cold blood person without feelings for myself and others and also without conscience . I did test for psychopaths , and max points you could get was 60 , I earned 57 points xD ... Psychiatrist told my parents that I should do IQ test , because heavy psychopaths are usually very intelligent people . I did IQ test and result was: 131 . Although , I never considered myself as above intelligent person until that day ...