PDA

View Full Version : U.S.A. National Parks

Luminous
May 27th, 2014, 03:24 PM
What national parks have you been to? What is your favorite national park? What national park would you most like to go to, either again or for the first time?

I have not been to any, but I was in a play that took place in Grand Canyon Village, if that at all counts.. I would love to visit Acadia, Redwood, and the Grand Canyon. I don't know very much about these places (besides Grand Canyon because we were supposed to do some research on it for the show I was in) but I think Acadia is absolutely gorgeous and Redwood is fascinating and probably surreal, with the trees being so tall.

Hollywood
May 27th, 2014, 03:39 PM
The three main ones that I've visited (rather, that I can recall) are Smokey Mountain National Park, Mount Rushmore and the Redwood National Park. I loved all three, but I got to spend the most time at Redwood. Those trees make you feel awful small.

Horatio Nelson
May 27th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I've been to the Grand Canyon, it's awesome. I really want to go to Yellowstone too.

AvMan
May 27th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Would love to go to either Yellowstone or Yosemite, especially Yosemite so I could go and see El Cap, possibly do some climbing on it too. :D

mrpieface2
May 28th, 2014, 09:51 PM
I would love to see Yellowstone( before it blows up ;) ). It looks so amazing and I want to see Old Faithful. It looks so cool!

CosmicNoodle
May 28th, 2014, 09:59 PM
I live in the UK...damn...
But I do hope to move to the US some day. I really want to visit Redwood and Yellowstone. Both look awesome. But I will likely just visit as many as possible

IAMWILL
May 29th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Yosemite a few times, absolutely never gets old. Blows my mind.

Grand Canyon - I still can't comprehend just how massive the thing is, another mind blowing experience.

Arches National Park - Utah - really cool natural rock formations.

Canyonland National Park - Utah - don't remember much honestly

Capitol Reef - Utah - camped here for 10 days, absolutely beautiful country

Great Basin National Park - pretty sweet - limestone cliffs where you can find ancient fossilized shells. I have a container full of old fossilized shells I found there.

Joshua Tree - also awesome

Glacier Bay - yea glaciers and Alaska in general just cannot be comprehend in pictures...everything up there is massive

Lassen Volcanic - being on an active volcano is always fun

Muir Woods - I live like 10 minutes from it so seeing Redwoods isn't totally revolutionary but its still beautiful.

phuckphace
May 29th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I've "been" to the Grand Canyon (flew over it in a 747 that is). was underwhelming, just looked like Mars except with a giant lake nearby.

Troy35216
May 30th, 2014, 04:36 PM
I've been to Everglades Nat Park and Smoky Mountain nat park. I want to go to Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon

Miserabilia
May 30th, 2014, 04:52 PM
i've been to a few..
Yosemite national park was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.
Only bad thing about it was all the insects but wooow that place is beautiful

Freckles
July 2nd, 2014, 06:12 PM
I live near Yellowstone and have also been to Craters of the Moon Park in Idaho, Big Basin and Yosemite in California.

JamesSuperBoy
July 2nd, 2014, 06:13 PM
I live near Yellowstone and have also been to Craters of the Moon Park in Idaho, Big Basin and Yosemite in California.

wow I would love to go to these places.

Cognizant
July 5th, 2014, 02:18 AM
Yosemite (CA) - i've been there a few times, but I was little so I don't quite remember it. I remember liking it though :P

Marin Headlands (north of SF, CA) - went there for a week for a school trip. it was okay but the views of the golden gate bridge/san francisco are amazing

Joshua Tree (CA) - my Grandparents live the next city over so we go visit the park at least once when we go to visit. I love it, i want to go there sometime during dusk and see all the stars :D

i've also been to the grand canyon, but i was much too young to remember that.

Calyx
July 6th, 2014, 03:17 PM
I would love to visit America and the National Parks but alas at the moment it isn't possible.

Wyatt 13
July 14th, 2014, 11:34 PM
I love national Parks I was in the everglades and I want to visit Yosemite park some day

xXl0sth0peXx
July 16th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I've been to:

Badlands, which are in South Dakota
Great Smokey Mountains, which are in North Carolina
Rocky Mountains (briefly), which are in Colorado
Wind Cave, which is in South Dakota
Yellowstone (briefly), which is in Wyoming

The briefly two are iffy on counting, since they were more in passing, but I'll count them, why not. I'd love to visit more, but we'll seee.

Country Cowboy
July 22nd, 2014, 03:12 PM
The only National Park I've been to is Yellowstone, I'm going again in a week
there isn't one in particular I would like to visit but they all seem pretty cool.

laura65
September 23rd, 2015, 08:11 AM
My name is Laura. I'm 16 and I'm French. Answer to the questions of *Luminous*. I never went to a national park either in France, or abroad...in my big damage. But I shall like going to the national park of Yellowstone because in documentary I find this beautiful place*!

Porpoise101
September 23rd, 2015, 09:10 AM
My name is Laura. I'm 16 and I'm French. Answer to the questions of *Luminous*. I never went to a national park either in France, or abroad...in my big damage. But I shall like going to the national park of Yellowstone because in documentary I find this beautiful place*!
Are French national parks bad?

Cadanance00
October 16th, 2015, 10:36 PM
When I was 10 we were going to Yellowstone but the car broke down in Cody, Wyoming and took too long to fix so we had to come back but we saw some beautiful places in between.

BlackParadePixie
December 25th, 2015, 03:30 PM
I've been to Canyonlands, Carlsbad Caverns, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Great Basin, Joshua Tree, Kings Canyon, Petrified Forest, Redwood, Saguaro, Sequoia, and Yosemite.

Emerald Dream
December 25th, 2015, 03:34 PM
This thread was bumped. :locked: