PDA

View Full Version : What do you have planted in your garden?

ImCoolBeans
May 27th, 2014, 11:12 AM
I have a few garden beds at my house.

In my produce garden I have:
- Escarole lettuce
- spinach
- mescaline mix lettuce
- kale
- oregano
- cilantro
- basil
- thyme
- strawberries
- tomatoes
- golden raspberries
- egglant
- cubanelle peppers
- bell peppers
- jalepeņo peppers
- cucumbers
- poll beans
- butternut squash
- zucchini
- yellow squash
- watermelon
- swisschard

I also have a rose garden that has four rose bushes in it, celosia, coleus, grape vines (growing into the fence/arbor), morning glory (vines growing into fence/arbor), mandevilla vines (growing into fence/arbor), and on top of the arbor I tied down a box planter that has begonias, sweet potato vine, coleus, two cucumber vines and some more morning glory vines, which will grow down into the arbor and grow upwards too, giving it a nice show-piece on the top.

There are other garden beds too, but for now that's all I have in me :P

Luminous
May 27th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Wow! That is quite the garden. I don't have any garden right now, though I did grow some tomatoes once. Also, I have an internship at a living history museum and we grow almost all the food we make (we make a LOT of food - meals every day) if that counts.

dame
May 27th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Just the other day I planted a few succulents & a passion vine. I'm hoping that they survive because I don't have a green thumb lol!

Blood
May 27th, 2014, 01:18 PM
At our old house we had a pretty big garden. It had tomato, acorn squash, butternut squash, zucchini, okra, bell peppers (fuck you too mom), corn, egglant, cubanelle peppers, jalepeņo peppers, cucumbers, cilantro, and cabbage.

Then we had a lemon tree, lime tree, orange tree, a tangerine tree, a navel orange tree (that only produced like, once), a fig tree, a pear tree, and a persimmon tree.

At this house we just have a bunch of pecan trees, which is awesome enough.

ImCoolBeans
May 27th, 2014, 01:46 PM
At our old house we had a pretty big garden. It had tomato, acorn squash, butternut squash, zucchini, okra, bell peppers (fuck you too mom), corn, egglant, cubanelle peppers, jalepeņo peppers, cucumbers, cilantro, and cabbage.

Then we had a lemon tree, lime tree, orange tree, a tangerine tree, a navel orange tree (that only produced like, once), a fig tree, a pear tree, and a persimmon tree.

At this house we just have a bunch of pecan trees, which is awesome enough.

Wow, the fruit trees sound incredible. I'm jealous you had that :P

I can grow fruit trees in NJ, but I have to bring them inside for the winter, so they can't go in the ground. I don't really have room for multiple trees inside, but I'm thinking about getting a blood orange tree, or a meyer lemon tree.

Typho
May 27th, 2014, 02:17 PM
The only things that i ever planted were tulps and one hyacinths

Babs
May 27th, 2014, 02:57 PM
There's a lot in my garden, I have a lot of space!
hmmm,
-there's a LOT of honeysuckle, and believe me, a lot
-Columbine
-Poppies
-Foxgloves
-Lots of different kinds of hostas
-Bagonias
-Tiger lilies although they don't bloom till August
-hens 'n' chicks
-lilacs
-daffodils
-tulips
-hydrangeas
there's a lot, actually. I can't name them all.
we also have raise beds in which we grow various kinds of tomatoes (they taste a lot better home grown, believe me) and different kinds of peppers (habeneros are my favorite) and I think zucchini and cucumber but i'm not sure because I haven't been out there since theyve been planted.
and we have herbs, Rosemary, spicy oregano, peppermint, basil. all the good stuff

backjruton
May 27th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Tomatoes, pear tree, some big trees I don't know the name of and a palm tree in the making :P

Cognizant
May 27th, 2014, 05:45 PM
We have corn, a bell pepper plant, and a cherry tomato plant.

Melodic
May 28th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Weeds that I have to pull tomorrow.. Fun, fun. :P

I want a garden, however there is a bunch of wild cats and racoons in my area. I'd rather not. :P

CharlieHorse
May 28th, 2014, 01:54 AM
I have a few garden beds at my house.

In my produce garden I have:
- Escarole lettuce
- spinach
- mescaline mix lettuce
- kale
- oregano
- cilantro
- basil
- thyme
- strawberries
- tomatoes
- golden raspberries
- egglant
- cubanelle peppers
- bell peppers
- jalepeņo peppers
- cucumbers
- poll beans
- butternut squash
- zucchini
- yellow squash
- watermelon
- swisschard

I also have a rose garden that has four rose bushes in it, celosia, coleus, grape vines (growing into the fence/arbor), morning glory (vines growing into fence/arbor), mandevilla vines (growing into fence/arbor), and on top of the arbor I tied down a box planter that has begonias, sweet potato vine, coleus, two cucumber vines and some more morning glory vines, which will grow down into the arbor and grow upwards too, giving it a nice show-piece on the top.

There are other garden beds too, but for now that's all I have in me :P

Damn son, that's a lot of plants.

I wish I had a garden, i love plants :)

LunarScorpio
May 28th, 2014, 06:43 AM
I found some half formed grapes, (edible, just) last year. SO Grapes I suppose....

Otherwise, trees and flowers and grass and whatever chooses to grow around. My parents and I keep the bit near our house smart, but the rest of the land we own (which people walk on every day up the paths, is just left wild

Vocabulous
May 29th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Not really a specific garden, but this is what's on my property
2 pear trees
1 apple tree
1 grapevine
1 rhubarb patch
3 blueberry bushes
3 raspberry bushes
1 strawberry patch
2 blackberry bushes
3 pepper plants
Assorted herbs: spearmint, cilantro, basil, parsley, some other shit I can't remember

Miserabilia
May 29th, 2014, 06:20 PM
I don't even know.
Alot of stuff, hehe.
Spices mostly, but also... strawberries I think?

AnnaBeesley
June 16th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Grass, a silver birch and some roses and flowers.

Ben_Frost
June 16th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Plenty of cacti, peach colored roses, baby roses, white roses, red roses, rosemary, celery and some lilies.

Dalcourt
June 18th, 2014, 11:28 PM
As of now mainly weeds...we just moved here and the garden or whatever this should be looks terrible. As of now we have just a pecan tree. I really would love to grow some vegetables but I'm not sure if I ever manage to get rid off all this weed.

Freckles
July 2nd, 2014, 06:08 PM
We have
tomatoes
cucumbers
sweet corn
peas
green beans
cauliflower
onions
potatoes
radishes
we also have a seperate garden with strawberries and rasberries.