PDA

View Full Version : Dad and mum

Rainbowfairy
May 22nd, 2014, 07:54 AM
Hey everyone,

It started the night after I can home from skewl my mum and dad sat me down and said they had a letter off the skewl saying I wasn't doing so well and they think it's cos I'm always out.

They have tried grounding me but they never kept to it and so they have said that they are going to start "spanking" me!! I was like hahaha no way but they told me to get bare from waste down and get over his nee. I ran to my bedroom n mum followed. She said that they won't do it this time but next time they get a letter or I stay out past time then they will.

She said both her and my dad got it and it taught them.

I don't know if this is normal or not. I haven't heard of any of my friends getting it and I'm 15 surely abit old for it now??

What's your guys thoughts on this wrong or not? What should I do?

XL

Andriod09
May 22nd, 2014, 08:09 AM
Lisa, you must have a lot to learn. This isn't abuse, its a parenting method. I do admit that sometimes things can get carried away, but the whole idea of spanking is to create a "marker" in your memory to not do it again.

I personally fully support your parents and their decisions, although 15 and going "bare" down there for a spanking is kind of harsh as well.

Plane And Simple
May 22nd, 2014, 08:15 AM
I support your parents. If they reached that point is because you did something wrong, and at your age, you should know what that was.

By the way, writing, school looks better ;)

Dark_Desires
May 22nd, 2014, 09:54 AM
I don't think i can agree with what others have said Physical Pain should not be used to punish Someone.
A Light smack is okay just to get the message across but a Spanking in my books borders on To Far.

I can understand a slight smack but a spanking is a little to far and considering your 15 not a naughty 8 year old who listen.

I think your Parents are taking things to far even tho you did the wrong thing as you said.

Thatcarguy
May 22nd, 2014, 10:58 AM
I think its wrong your 15 they should not be touching you and telling you to get naked waste down thats pretty weird imo

BuryYourFlame
May 22nd, 2014, 05:06 PM
Other posters are right Lisa, this by itself is not abuse. While you may feel the problem is that they are trying to discipline you the problem is likely a lot deeper. If you're going out a lot (you haven't denied this) and they don't want you to then this makes me question your respect towards your parents. I'm not saying parents deserve respect no matter what, I'm saying that your parents sound like people who are just struggling to do what is best for their daughter, not like people who deserve no respect.
What should you do? Start listening to your parents. You may not like it, but they are trying to do what is best for you. You have to work on this relationship because they will be your parents your whole life. Listen to what they are saying, and try and understand why they are saying it. If you don't like something they say, calmly explain what you don't like about it, you're much more likely to get a positive response if you are calm about expressing how you feel.

CosmicNoodle
May 22nd, 2014, 05:25 PM
I am going to have to disagree with everyone else, this just made me angry. Not just at the spanning but the fact they want you to strip down. That's not only humiliating but degrading.
My parents have only ever physically stuck me once in my memory, but I have never trusted ether of them since, it ruined my relationship with them for me so I am ALWAYS opposed to this sort of punishment.

However if it has got to this point you must have been doing something wrong. Just get home on time and pay attention in a school. Its really that simple...

killer_queen
May 22nd, 2014, 07:58 PM
While I'm not 100% sure that this is abuse, it's definitely not a constructive parenting move and you're way too old to be spanked. I mean, you're 16. Try sitting down with them and apologize for what you've done wrong, then maybe they'll understand that you're too old to be spanked.

Rainbowfairy
May 23rd, 2014, 07:26 AM
Thank you everyone for your posts, kind of seeing it in a different way but think I'll go with the suggestion of talking to them about it, see if that works I hope it does lol ha

Oh an the striping down part wasnt an issue just the spanking we are a quite open family with nudity so not embarresed or feel it's degrading.

Xx

Katiya
May 28th, 2014, 02:25 AM
I have to point out that 'spankings' paved the way to daily fist fights and beatings in my family. Parents need to stay away from violence, because eventually the kids pick up on it, hit back and the cycle of abuse begins.

NeuroTiger
May 28th, 2014, 03:37 AM
I am going to have to disagree with everyone else, this just made me angry. Not just at the spanning but the fact they want you to strip down. That's not only humiliating but degrading.

However if it has got to this point you must have been doing something wrong. Just get home on time and pay attention in a school. Its really that simple...

^i agree