PDA

View Full Version : Dad threatened me with his gun

Dalcourt
May 21st, 2014, 09:37 PM
My Dad was in a bad mood for a few days now. His girlfriend won't come with him when we move away from the city. As he was shouting at me for really nothing again, I said he should stop bitching cuz it's not my fault his girlfriend is gonna dump him but his shit idea to move.

He just hit me square in the face...I was just wtf? Still I tried to tell him I was sorry and didn't mean what I said. But he just punched me again and again...I hit my head at the kitchen cupboard , I stumbled backwards and started getting dizzy...after he hit me again I guess I stumbled and fell and he gave me a hard kick...I asked him to stop cuz I was sorry for what I'd said.

He grabbed me by the neck pulling me up and then I realized that he had his 38. in his hand, I guess he had the gun somewhere in the kitchen...He was holding it to my head telling me he could easily shoot me now. I wasn't sure whether it was loaded or not, so I really started to panic. I was in pain and dizzy from the beating so I fought hard not to start crying.

I repeatedly told him to put the gun away cuz some neighbors will see, and that if they call the cops it would be over with his starting a new life . I just didn't want to cry in front of him....but I was so scared. He started talking about how hard his life was cuz of me and how much easier it would be if I'm gone....cuz having this fag as a son ruined his life so much.

I told him I'd just leave if he puts the gun away...he started saying he doesn't want me to leave cuz he loves me and shit like this still with that fucking gun pointed at me...

Finally our neighbor was knocking at our door asking if everything was okay...so Dad just shoved me away putting the gun down and went to answer the door...while he told her some lies or so I managed to run.

I'm hanging at my hiding place alternating between crying and being mad at about everything...Dad has tried to phone me about 100 times and sent a million texts, I've muted the phone cuz I don't want to hear him or see him...

Worst is part of me thinks that if he'd really would shoot me all this shit would finally be over ....I'm so sick of it all.

Andrew2499
May 21st, 2014, 09:41 PM
dude thats messed up. what he did is not okay at all! and he needs to realize that. do you have anyone you can stay with?

Horatio Nelson
May 21st, 2014, 09:44 PM
Man......that is screwed up. Honestly. Is there somewhere you can go? Anywhere? Maybe the local PD? I wouldn't go back to your dad if I were in your shoes. It sounds like he's really off his rocker to me.

Stryker125
May 21st, 2014, 10:06 PM
first off i'm really sorry that happened to you. like the others said, it probably isn't safe to go back with your dad. do you have anywhere you can go? relatives, friends? anywhere? it's good that you got out of the house. i really hope things turn out okay for you.

Thatcarguy
May 21st, 2014, 10:21 PM
Man thats fucked up, going to an uncles, aunts or grandmas or grandpas or somewhere that safe. If that was my dad i would of kicked the shit out of him i dont give a shit if he was my dad or not dont ever point a gun at me. Ignore him to get your message across and go somewhere safe man all the best

Andriod09
May 21st, 2014, 10:57 PM
Ty, I agree with what most people are saying. It is NOT safe to go back to him while he is like this. I've been in this situation once before, and trust me. Yes you cried, you were probably even a bit cowardice. That's normal.

Anyway, back to the topic. I am really sorry to hear that, but I would also advise that you go to a friend's house, or a family member that lives close to you. If you really need to, then I do, also, advise that you go to you're Local Police Department and report it. Trust me, if you choose that option it'll be hard. I myself had to do it once, and I still hate that I did it; yet it was best for me, my mother, my brother, and myself.

I am ashamed to say that once a person has done this, it will stick with (a) him, and (b) you for the rest of your lives. You may choose to block it out, but sometimes it will resurface. I would know, it still haunts me that I had to do it.

Like I said above, you have three options:

1) Go to a trusted friends house. One that you trust their parents as well.
2)Go to a famliy members house, and stay there for a while. Explain to them what's going on, and see what they'll do; \
3) Go to you're Police Department, look for a patrol unit that's out on the streets, or if you have to call 911 and report him.

Any one of these options could help you, and even save you in the long run.

By the way, do you happen to have any siblings, or are you a "loner" in you're family?

I hope I helped, please reply if I have, and even if I haven't, and update would be nice.

In kind regards,
Andy|Andriod09

P.S. If you're doubting if he loves you or not, just remember: he had his .38 up to your head, yet didn't pull the trigger. That alone should make you think.

Katiya
May 22nd, 2014, 02:13 AM
You need to call 911 and report him. Ask for a place to stay. Many places have safe houses and shelters for people in this situation. The cops will know what is available.

You really need to go to the authorities about this. This is extremely serious.

Your father could also hurt someone else as well if you do not report it. His girlfriend may also be in danger here. Something to think about.

CharlieHorse
May 22nd, 2014, 02:18 AM
If that was my dad, I would not hesitate for a single second to go down to the police and get the protection needed from him. He is a danger to you, especially because he is irrational and irritable. I suggest you get help, before either of you get hurt.

Hudor
May 22nd, 2014, 05:41 AM
Your father could also hurt someone else as well if you do not report it. His girlfriend may also be in danger here. Something to think about.

Agree with this.
If your dad doesn't care about pointing his gun at you, he wouldn't think twice before shooting someone in rage. Call 911 and maintain your distance from him.

RazorTourniquet
May 24th, 2014, 05:16 AM
I'm so sorry you had to go through this, I know how awful it feels your dad to put a gun against your head. Do you have anyone to turn to? A good friend or a relative? If you stay alone you might get into a trouble. Right now you need a lot of support and reporting him will be the best decision. If you leave the situation like that he might even hurt himself, not just others. I know you are terrified but you need to stay strong and get out of this fucked up situation if you can't fix it. If you need to talk to someone, there is a bunch of people out here who are willing to listen, including me :)

CosmicNoodle
May 24th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Wow dude, that's fucked up. If I where you I wouldn't go back to your dad. Is there anywhere you can go tibget away from him, local PD? Friends? Family?

Chrisscotland
May 24th, 2014, 05:53 AM
You cant go near him again, if he can do that once he can do it again and the outcome might be worse.

Andriod09
May 24th, 2014, 11:01 AM
You know, Ty, coming back to this thread brings back memories. I'm personally glad I found this post.

I can completely with those that are saying that you CANNOT go back to your father. As Chrisscotland said, if he did it once, he's completely capable of doing it again.

I pray for the best with you and your family. I hope all is well. :)

Best wishes!

backjruton
May 24th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Contact the authorities about it because it doesn't sound like someone with that attitude deserves to start a new life... and I would probably say to stick in your hiding place for a while if it's good there because for me when I'm angry and upset alone time can mostly be a good thing and surely you're safer if there's less chance of him knowing where you are. I would stay hiding if this was happening with me. Contacting the police, as others have said, definitely sounds like the best option as bad things could happen to anyone if he can't control his anger. Trust me... sometimes I know... but the worst I've ever done is thrown something big at my brother and I would never point a gun, shoot or stab someone. It definitely doesn't sound like a good idea to go back there...

mrpieface2
May 24th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Dude, I would tell the police! That is not right! You can get seriously hurt! Stay in your hiding place and stay away from your dad!

PinkFloyd
May 24th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Holy fuck, man... All abuse is bad but your dad physically harmed you and then put a large caliber handgun to your head. From what I've read, I don't think you live in a safe home. Your best option is to go to the police. I know you don't want to get your dad in trouble because he's your dad but he almost ended your life. Get help, Go to the cops.

thatgothgirluknow
May 24th, 2014, 09:55 PM
you need to call the police i know you probley dont want to but its for your saftey and everyone elses at this point if hes that upset he could kill someone else or himself find a safe house to stay at none of this is your fault things may be hard but dont give up plz just stay safe dont go back to that house no matter what if u ever need to tlk im hear for u just pm me

LunarScorpio
May 25th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Holy fuck, man... All abuse is bad but your dad physically harmed you and then put a large caliber handgun to your head. From what I've read, I don't think you live in a safe home. Your best option is to go to the police. I know you don't want to get your dad in trouble because he's your dad but he almost ended your life. Get help, Go to the cops.

This is exactly what I would have said. It is totally not acceptable to point a gun at someone, whether they are your child or not. It seems to me that this is also not the only time some form of abuse has occured.

I really really think that you need to tell someone, preferably the authorities

Jack982
May 25th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Man, I'm so sorry bout all that, I can only imagine how terrible that was. But yeah, I know it's hard, but you should defiantly go to the police.

Kacey
May 25th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Wow. I would definitely report him to the police, and maybe see if you can stay at a friend's house or somewhere... I wouldn't go near him again...

Dalcourt
May 26th, 2014, 10:14 PM
you need to call the police i know you probley dont want to but its for your saftey and everyone elses at this point if hes that upset he could kill someone else or himself find a safe house to stay at none of this is your fault things may be hard but dont give up plz just stay safe dont go back to that house no matter what if u ever need to tlk im hear for u just pm me

You know, Ty, coming back to this thread brings back memories. I'm personally glad I found this post.

I can completely with those that are saying that you CANNOT go back to your father. As Chrisscotland said, if he did it once, he's completely capable of doing it again.

I pray for the best with you and your family. I hope all is well. :)

Best wishes!

You need to call 911 and report him. Ask for a place to stay. Many places have safe houses and shelters for people in this situation. The cops will know what is available.

You really need to go to the authorities about this. This is extremely serious.

Man......that is screwed up. Honestly. Is there somewhere you can go? Anywhere? Maybe the local PD? I wouldn't go back to your dad if I were in your shoes. It sounds like he's really off his rocker to me.

Thanks a lot to all of you for your nice words and for being concerned.

I guess I should give you a lil bit of an update.

I simply didn't know what to do. I mean I know that you guys are all totally right that going to the cops would be the only right thing to do.
But honestly, I don't really trust the cops and I feel that they wouldn't believe me anyway...and if they believe me, I know that my Dad will go back to jail and I don't want that.
So I just hung out in the streets with some other semi-homeless kids I know.
Dad was searching for me and someone told him where I stayed so he came...he apologized and told me he had called his mother to come over to us for a while so the two of us aren't alone. I went back home with him...I dunno if he had told his Mom about the gun thing or if she just knew about the beating anyway she told me that she will stay for a few days at least with us and if I want to I could go with her when she goes back home it's up to me.
Dad's girlfriend had left, all her things were gone...I didn't feel like asking him cuz I dunno I felt bringing her up could trigger him again.

Those last few days were really good, my Dad being nice to me and my Grandma being around.

She wants to leave tomorrow and I don't think I want to go with her. I feel like I just can't leave my Dad, no matter what. I know that he probably won't ever change, he's always been abusive...
I'm not naive but I guess without me he will be even worse, going back to taking more drugs and becoming a criminal. He always fights to stay kinda clean of everything for me and I feel that once I'm gone he has nothing anymore.

Staying with my Grandma wouldn't be a long-term solution anyway...If I report my Dad I guess I'll be back in the system and even if I used to have a really nice foster mother once I don't think I'm that lucky again.

I feel kinda stupid for running away and all...and I feel bad for having no better solution...but I love my Dad and don't want him to go to jail and I'm afraid of what would happen then...I dunno, sorry...

Forsakenbymyself
May 27th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Call. The . Police. Right. Now.

thatgothgirluknow
May 28th, 2014, 07:10 PM
im glad everything worked out

Dalcourt
May 28th, 2014, 11:02 PM
im glad everything worked out

yeah, I really hope it lasts

Blood
May 29th, 2014, 02:05 AM

I simply didn't know what to do. I mean I know that you guys are all totally right that going to the cops would be the only right thing to do.
But honestly, I don't really trust the cops and I feel that they wouldn't believe me anyway...and if they believe me, I know that my Dad will go back to jail and I don't want that.
Dad was searching for me and someone told him where I stayed so he came...he apologized and told me he had called his mother to come over to us for a while so the two of us aren't alone. I went back home with him...I dunno if he had told his Mom about the gun thing or if she just knew about the beating anyway she told me that she will stay for a few days at least with us and if I want to I could go with her when she goes back home it's up to me.
Dad's girlfriend had left, all her things were gone...I didn't feel like asking him cuz I dunno I felt bringing her up could trigger him again.

Those last few days were really good, my Dad being nice to me and my Grandma being around.

She wants to leave tomorrow and I don't think I want to go with her. I feel like I just can't leave my Dad, no matter what. I know that he probably won't ever change, he's always been abusive...
I'm not naive but I guess without me he will be even worse, going back to taking more drugs and becoming a criminal. He always fights to stay kinda clean of everything for me and I feel that once I'm gone he has nothing anymore.

Staying with my Grandma wouldn't be a long-term solution anyway...If I report my Dad I guess I'll be back in the system and even if I used to have a really nice foster mother once I don't think I'm that lucky again.

I feel kinda stupid for running away and all...and I feel bad for having no better solution...but I love my Dad and don't want him to go to jail and I'm afraid of what would happen then...I dunno, sorry...

I can understand the situation you're in. But remember, your dad's problems are not your own. He is a grown man. You are not responsible for him or his decisions and you shouldn't feel like you have to stick around just because you're all he has. If your dad is abusive and if this has happened before, it's going to happen again.

Don't feel stupid. You did the right thing by getting away from him. But I don't know if you're doing the right thing by staying with him. Your dad sounds dangerous.

I hope everything works out for you. Try to say safe.

CrazyPerson101
May 29th, 2014, 11:09 AM

Ok. I hate to tell you this but you need to call the police if he did something like that. If he goes to jail its his fault, Its heart breaking to see a family member go but if they did the crime , THEY HAVE TO DO THE TIME. It sucks being in a situation like that but Idk. Maybe your grandma can keep things peaceful in the house. Good luck :)

thatgothgirluknow
May 31st, 2014, 01:10 PM
whatever u do just make sure ur safe

dakota1998
May 31st, 2014, 01:31 PM
Hay I have a baseball game I have to play at be back tonight keep me informed, You need to really tell what this is all about like what would he tell cops if they questioned him? Mom and Da do forster care long term and I have lots of brothers sometimes and in my family we treat you as a person and expect the same. Are you willing to go to foaster care until Dad gets help?

Dalcourt
May 31st, 2014, 10:37 PM
Hay I have a baseball game I have to play at be back tonight keep me informed, You need to really tell what this is all about like what would he tell cops if they questioned him? Mom and Da do forster care long term and I have lots of brothers sometimes and in my family we treat you as a person and expect the same. Are you willing to go to foaster care until Dad gets help?

How was the baseball game? :)

Bringing in the cops is always bad ... I mean I couldn't prove the gun thing to them anyway. I don't think they search our place for weapons just because I told them he threatened me...and as nobody else saw it. Our neighbor just hears him shouting...and that's not really against the law, right? And to be honest...most cops, or teachers or whoever doesn't really care if my Dad beats me or anything, as long as it's just bruises ...

I know it would be better to get away from him...but it all seems so difficult and complicated at the moment.

ComfortableInChaos
May 31st, 2014, 10:54 PM
Um... Call the police. It's better for them to be notified than you having to be put in that situation, being beaten and treated like shit. He's emotionally and abusing you, I see that from how you say you're crying and shit like that... Trust me, calling the police will help you out so much... If you ever wanna talk about stuff just to let out steam, just PM me, man, I'll talk to you if you need to get something off your mind, too.

gevans604
June 1st, 2014, 04:33 PM
Get away from that guy before something worse happens.

The Trendy Wolf
June 1st, 2014, 05:28 PM
My Dad was in a bad mood for a few days now. His girlfriend won't come with him when we move away from the city. As he was shouting at me for really nothing again, I said he should stop bitching cuz it's not my fault his girlfriend is gonna dump him but his shit idea to move.

He just hit me square in the face...I was just wtf? Still I tried to tell him I was sorry and didn't mean what I said. But he just punched me again and again...I hit my head at the kitchen cupboard , I stumbled backwards and started getting dizzy...after he hit me again I guess I stumbled and fell and he gave me a hard kick...I asked him to stop cuz I was sorry for what I'd said.

He grabbed me by the neck pulling me up and then I realized that he had his 38. in his hand, I guess he had the gun somewhere in the kitchen...He was holding it to my head telling me he could easily shoot me now. I wasn't sure whether it was loaded or not, so I really started to panic. I was in pain and dizzy from the beating so I fought hard not to start crying.

I repeatedly told him to put the gun away cuz some neighbors will see, and that if they call the cops it would be over with his starting a new life . I just didn't want to cry in front of him....but I was so scared. He started talking about how hard his life was cuz of me and how much easier it would be if I'm gone....cuz having this fag as a son ruined his life so much.

I told him I'd just leave if he puts the gun away...he started saying he doesn't want me to leave cuz he loves me and shit like this still with that fucking gun pointed at me...

Finally our neighbor was knocking at our door asking if everything was okay...so Dad just shoved me away putting the gun down and went to answer the door...while he told her some lies or so I managed to run.

I'm hanging at my hiding place alternating between crying and being mad at about everything...Dad has tried to phone me about 100 times and sent a million texts, I've muted the phone cuz I don't want to hear him or see him...

Worst is part of me thinks that if he'd really would shoot me all this shit would finally be over ....I'm so sick of it all.

That's tough. Really. I don't know what it's like living with an abusive parent, but what I do know is that he's having an incredibly difficult time handling all of the things going on in his life, and I know you are struggling just as much with your own problems. I think you may need to help him cope a bit if possible, even if that seems like the last thing you would want to do. Try just talking to him while he isn't angry or irritated about the things that are going on and simply discuss what he's having trouble with, and then say what you are struggling with, but do not place blame on him. If that proves to be unsuccessful, then I would tell another adult that you can trust about the abuse, or better yet, tell the police. The police will most certainly believe you. I understand your concern about your father going back to prison, but I assure you that if he does, there will be something done to make him a better person, and I know that's what you want for him.

I really, truly hope, and believe, your life will improve in the coming years. :D

canonjourno
June 2nd, 2014, 07:00 AM
I can't believe this happened to you. How dare your Dad come in and just do that. Two things you should really do:

1) Leave home and get out of his sight. And don't carry a gun- two wrongs don't make a right.
2) Report him to a police station or ring somewhere you trust.

This scares the hell out of me. How could your Dad (your DAD) of all people do this to you and then do it in such irrationality? I guess that's something he can only answer- but not while you're around. Let me know if you need more help. Good luck!