PDA

View Full Version : I had a wonderful shift at work today!

PinkFloyd
May 17th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Recently, I was hired at Office Max. I really like the job because it's rarely ever boring, my co workers and managers are genuinely nice people instead of that fake nice that you get from people because they're forced to be like that since they're at work and want only money. No, these people are great.

What really made me want to make this thread was the encounter I had with a customer. The customer that I had was 80 years old and just one the nicest person I've ever talked to. He had to get his computer fixed so he was standing around talking to me and my co worker while we were at the register. I got into a one on one conversation with him because my co worker became busy. The customer was talking to me about what he did in his 80 years alive and how he aspired to help people and did just that. He taught young kids in Sudan during violent times, India when Iranda Gandhi was assassinated aswell as just teaching here in my town. When he was in Sudan, there was a 16 year old boy who was being beaten because he was a Christian instead of a Muslim and when the beating was over, he ran over and helped the boy out. He bought him new clothes and treated him medically.

This man was incredibly wise and really earned my respect. Keep in mind that this happened in a RETAIL store that sells Office Supplies. Everyone talks about how horrible retail is, hasn't seen this side of it.

Plane And Simple
May 17th, 2014, 02:32 AM
There will always be awesome people around...

I wouldnt say Retail is boring, but you do have to put up wth angry customers, as much as you do in any other job.

Croconaw
May 18th, 2014, 02:34 PM
That's really inspiring. I wish more people were like him. :)

JamesSuperBoy
May 18th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Good you meet nice folks

Enjoy the job and remember for every ass hole there is many nice folks around.

Miserabilia
May 18th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Great story!
You don't want to know how I read the title of the thread at first though...
*cough cough* lol

Croconaw
May 18th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Great story!
You don't want to know how I read the title of the thread at first though...
*cough cough* lol
I read the title as "I had a wonderful shit at work today!"

Miserabilia
May 19th, 2014, 12:43 PM
I read the title as "I had a wonderful shit at work today!"

Same here, made me lol hard.

Melodic
May 19th, 2014, 02:07 PM
I have a couple family members who work and hear a bunch of stories like that! It always makes my day to hear them!

Horatio Nelson
May 19th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Nice older people have lots of knowledge and interesting stories. :D