PDA

View Full Version : No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Sasha M
May 15th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Through very detailed talks with my Girlfriend, I've discovered she has no inner monologue AND no "minds eye". (Thinking in pictures.)
Please help?

Hudor
May 16th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Hmmm. So who do you think is in more trouble?

JamesSuperBoy
May 16th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Really not sure - why do think that is a problem??

Andriod09
May 22nd, 2014, 08:25 AM
Question, by inner monologue, are you talking about a conscience?

Anyway, other than that, (I extremely hate to use this phrase, but it fits so) some people are just born that way. There's no explaining what happened.

On a side note, I would be wary about it, due to the fact most crime offenders are people who have no conscience/minds' eye.

Typhlosion
May 22nd, 2014, 12:34 PM
I would be wary about it, due to the fact most crime offenders are people who have no conscience/minds' eye.

That's a terrible thing to say! Not because one hasn't power to imagine imagery means that they'll be criminals!

On topic - I find it odd, but my mother also has the same problem. I wonder how memories are like.

CosmicNoodle
May 22nd, 2014, 12:50 PM
What you have to know is that there is no wrong and write way for your brain to work, everyone's brain works in a slightly different way. Everyone has there own way of thinking and porccessing information.
I don't have an inner monologue ether, but I do have a minds eye.
For instance, I'm dyslexic, a part of my brain is different to a normal one, this means i think in a different way. I'm not saying your brain is miss formed. But you may have been taught yo think in an odd way

Provided it doesn't cause any problems I suppose it doesn't really matter how you think, I don't think in a normal way and it doesn't affect me. As Alex said I also wonder what a memory is like for you...?

Andriod09
May 22nd, 2014, 11:18 PM
Okay, so obviously somethings came across wrong. I was just trying to give a warning, as most of the time things like this leads to other thing.

Most criminals now adays don't have that conscience, and don't have an imagination.

I personally wouldn't mind not having one; its an evil, evil place.

Silver700
May 23rd, 2014, 04:44 AM
Question, by inner monologue, are you talking about a conscience?

Anyway, other than that, (I extremely hate to use this phrase, but it fits so) some people are just born that way. There's no explaining what happened.

On a side note, I would be wary about it, due to the fact most crime offenders are people who have no conscience/minds' eye.

Be wary about it? Oh thanks, I feel so much better now, knowing that.
(I'm That_One_Guy's GF)

Andriod09
May 24th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Try reading this, and also take into concideration that I can't put words together like a normal person. I deal with autism and aspergers. >_>

Okay, so obviously somethings came across wrong. I was just trying to give a warning, as most of the time things like this leads to other thing.

Most criminals now adays don't have that conscience, and don't have an imagination.

I personally wouldn't mind not having one; its an evil, evil place.

Miserabilia
May 24th, 2014, 04:56 PM
That's impossible.
That would mean she is unable to think.
Every person has atleast one of the two,
she probably just has one of the two but can't explain it.
No minds eye would mean that she can't close her eyes and visualize something, which most people are capable of.

RavleIncarnate
May 25th, 2014, 02:42 PM
I can viualize things with my eyes open, and I have regular and lengthy talks with myself, but I can't imagine not having these abilities. They are integral parts of my life, to the point where I would be lost without them.

Silver700
May 26th, 2014, 05:05 PM
That's impossible.
That would mean she is unable to think.
Every person has atleast one of the two,
she probably just has one of the two but can't explain it.
No minds eye would mean that she can't close her eyes and visualize something, which most people are capable of.

I am able to think, but to do that, I have to talk to myself out loud like im talking to someone. Like talking your thoughts. Its quite annoying buts its the only way I can think.

Silver700
May 26th, 2014, 05:14 PM
What you have to know is that there is no wrong and write way for your brain to work, everyone's brain works in a slightly different way. Everyone has there own way of thinking and porccessing information.
I don't have an inner monologue ether, but I do have a minds eye.
For instance, I'm dyslexic, a part of my brain is different to a normal one, this means i think in a different way. I'm not saying your brain is miss formed. But you may have been taught yo think in an odd way

Provided it doesn't cause any problems I suppose it doesn't really matter how you think, I don't think in a normal way and it doesn't affect me. As Alex said I also wonder what a memory is like for you...?

A memory for me is just remembering what happened that time, but I can't actually picture it. Its hard to explain...

Miserabilia
May 27th, 2014, 01:27 AM
I am able to think, but to do that, I have to talk to myself out loud like im talking to someone. Like talking your thoughts. Its quite annoying buts its the only way I can think.

Yes but can you visualize in your mind?

CharlieHorse
May 27th, 2014, 03:22 AM
I drive myself crazy with my mind talk and imagination.
kinda sucks sometimes, but I wouldn't be me without them.

Silver700
May 28th, 2014, 04:19 PM

No, I can't...

Silver700
May 28th, 2014, 04:26 PM

No, I can't...

Miserabilia
May 28th, 2014, 04:35 PM
No, I can't...

Mmm interesting/weird.
Well I guess it's different for everyone.
So you can't dream visualy either?

Silver700
May 28th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Mmm interesting/weird.
Well I guess it's different for everyone.
So you can't dream visualy either?

I can, but everything is like a blur... I just can't picture stuff when I'm awake....its weird...

ViolinPro
June 25th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Inner monologue as in thinking in words?
Actually when I think of something, I don't really think in words, or have some kind of a monologue going on. It's rather to difficult to explain but I think in feelings or some kind of pictures in my head hahaa. Practically in any situation.
People are different what do you expect. ))