PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else actually enjoy psychosis in a way?

CosmicNoodle
May 12th, 2014, 04:28 PM
In case you don't know, psychosis is a state of losing contact with reality.
My therapist has yet to determined what's wrong with me, but one thing we have pinned down is that I sometimes fall into deep and prolonged states of psychosis.
Sometimes for a few hours, sometimes fore a few days.
On reflection, the event is actually kind of fun, being able to look upon a world with no conciquences, even if is only a fictional one in your mind.

I was just wondering, who else who sometimes falls into psychosis, and do you enjoy it whilst your there. :what:

Forgive the spelling errors, I'm dyslexic, and lasey.

RavleIncarnate
May 12th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Forgiven.

Yes! To be in a reality where you can do what you want... I go psychotic in my dreams. I know I'm dreaming, so its in my dreams that my imagination runs wild. I can do anything! I keep Riptide (my Hydra) in my dreams. I can play with dragons, I can stay home, I can go to the beach for a swim, I can do things only appropriate for P101... I feel so powerful!! I am a god in my dreams. I can conjure anything by just thinking of it! It is amazing!

And best of all, the only consequence is that I can't go swimming... Wet dreams...

CosmicNoodle
May 12th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Forgiven.

Yes! To be in a reality where you can do what you want... I go psychotic in my dreams. I know I'm dreaming, so its in my dreams that my imagination runs wild. I can do anything! I keep Riptide (my Hydra) in my dreams. I can play with dragons, I can stay home, I can go to the beach for a swim, I can do things only appropriate for P101... I feel so powerful!! I am a god in my dreams. I can conjure anything by just thinking of it! It is amazing!

And best of all, the only consequence is that I can't go swimming... Wet dreams...

Close but not quite. I mean psychosis in real life, whilst awake. But still, those dreams sound fucking epic. I now make lucid dreaming my mission.

RavleIncarnate
May 12th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I've had that too, but I can only conjure certain things, and I can't enslave humanity by threatening the majors of every country in the world with my army of ghost dragons, or my armada of Hydras, or my fleet of wind dragons, or anything.

Chrisscotland
May 12th, 2014, 05:31 PM
yip, happens to me a lot, sometimes its good to be lost somewhere else where u are seperate from everyone and i enjoy it its my secret place, but its easy to get lost there and it can get dangerous and scary, but then, im not sure which world is the real one, the one they tell me isnt there or the one where everyone else is.

Dalcourt
May 14th, 2014, 05:50 AM
To a certain degree I enjoy it sometimes I have to admit...but sometimes it's like having a bad trip and I don't enjoy that at all. This whole thing can be quite dangerous cuz it can lead to your losing your grip on reality completely, so don't enjoy it too much and I hope you get to find out the cause and get treatment, soon.

ksdnfkfr
May 14th, 2014, 06:02 AM
the title of this gave me a good laugh, cuz yeah. i've been in such a state the last couple of days. sometimes it's i don't care about anything and it's awful and other times i don't care about anything yepee! it's tough on my folks cus they have to keep an extra close eye on me cus i'm so out to lunch. i mean if i like started choking on food i'd just let it happen or stick my hand in a buzz saw for the hell of it.

CosmicNoodle
May 15th, 2014, 07:42 AM
the title of this gave me a good laugh, cuz yeah. i've been in such a state the last couple of days. sometimes it's i don't care about anything and it's awful and other times i don't care about anything yepee! it's tough on my folks cus they have to keep an extra close eye on me cus i'm so out to lunch. i mean if i like started choking on food i'd just let it happen or stick my hand in a buzz saw for the hell of it.

I once decided to go and walk 20 miles into the middle of no where on the hottest day if the year and nearly die of heat exposure. But never anything like the buzz saw. I rarely care about anything at all up when like that.

DesolatePantha
July 17th, 2014, 08:43 PM
I quite enjoy psychosis, I become less aware of myself & surroundings at time, and I honestly couldn't care less about anything, I just stroll along completely relaxed in another world -like one time I strolled along the street for about 5 minutes in the rain without even realising it was lashing down. On top of doing risky things just to rid the boredom, doing dangerous things like getting chased by some vicious dog or walking along the roof of a house, or even running out infront of cars because I'm bored, is normal to me but my mates say it's absolutely crazy. Tbh I don't care the boredom kills me I can't stand it. The main thing I hate about it is the dreadful boredom I guess ;s