PDA

View Full Version : why

Evanescent14
May 12th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Why do some parents hurt their kids, some people have parents that look after them and protect them, do you maybe think there is something wrong with us and its not the parents fault that they hurt us.
My dad kicks the shit out of me, sometimes he just pushes me, bangs me against the wall other times he punches and kicks me till I cant get up.
He's done this my whole life.
I don't know what I have done wrong.
Is this just what life is for some people, I wonder what we did wrong.

Hudor
May 12th, 2014, 01:17 PM
I don't think that has anything to do with you. Its probably frustration or anger that he vents out. idk never experienced it. Stay strong.

Dalcourt
May 12th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Why do some parents hurt their kids, some people have parents that look after them and protect them, do you maybe think there is something wrong with us and its not the parents fault that they hurt us.
My dad kicks the shit out of me, sometimes he just pushes me, bangs me against the wall other times he punches and kicks me till I cant get up.

Honestly, I've asked myself this question a million of times. When I was younger I thought that it was my fault that I'm treated like that, that I'm bad or do something wrong...but I figured that it doesn't have anything with me at all...I mean when I do exact the same thing one day it triggers my Dad to like beat the shit out of me and another day he just shrugs it off... so yeah, it is basically him.

And well the same goes for every abusive parent...there's something wrong with them not with us, we just have the bad luck to have those people as parents.

But you also should try to get help...you don't have to accept living a life like that.

Katiya
May 13th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Meh, I've been delt those same cards. I have no idea. I always feel like its my fault and that I'm some how just a bad kid that everyone hates because I'm worthless. But that's probably the years of abuse talking. It has damaged me perninatly. I can not think and feel the same as a normal person, some words will be engrained in my being forever. I know there is nothing wrong with me but my being has been convinced there is through years of psychological and other abuse.

I can't trust anyone at all any more, I can't interact with people because in the back of my mind there's always those things that have been burned into me. "Worthels fucking monster" mentally I'll" stupid bitch who nobody likes" "girls are less than men" and so on.

Its shocking to me even, how much the years of abuse have changed me.

They have destroyed and built me. Its kind of like trading one thing for another, I am now much wiser and less likely to fall prey to a trap. Where as before I was naive and sheltered, now I know what real life is like and how to avoid the same mistakes. I have lost so much yet learnt so much.

I wish the best to you. You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family. ;) your not alone and its not our fault even though it feels like it is.

Waleedbt
May 13th, 2014, 10:17 AM
This i dont understand.
Im very fortunate to have parents that never layed a hand on me, they discplined me well enough to not do anything they dont approve off.
But then again, i hardly see my dad ( travels alot ) and my mom just doesnt hit me or goes that way really. She yells though :p
I think parents who act that way are too stressed that they put all of that on their kids.
But if they do it teach a lesson? Well.. Im sorry thats the wrong way imo. I always get lectures instead.

Chrisscotland
May 13th, 2014, 04:50 PM
I understand :( its not us, its those evil people, screw them!
we haven't done anything wrong, msg me if I can do anything to help

Cloud_Strife
May 14th, 2014, 09:29 AM

Sometimes there are no choices as to what happens. However, when it comes to actions we perform against others, there is more often than not, always a choice as to what happens.

Whether one has done something wrong or not, how another reacts in response is a totally a different matter altogether. I know not what you yourself have been doing, but intrinsically, what has been happening to you is not right. Violence is not a solution to problems. If anything, it breeds further violence and hurt. Take not the blame upon yourself in that regard.

Unfortunately, this is the injustice that some people do face in their life on a regular basis. What is further disheartening is the fact that because this does happen, some believe that they have 'earned' these punishments, when they in fact have done nothing wrong.

Just because it occurs this doesn't make it right. I hope you realise this.
I really hope that your life improves in this regard. But before things change externally, I hope you accept this internally first. Only then, will you be better ready to accept change.

I will pray that things get better for you.

kaydencorey
May 15th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Please don't blame yourself, I cant possibly imagine how you feel or what you have been through, its just not acceptable that anyone should be treated like this.
I don't know what to say that could possibly help or make you feel better in anyway, but I wanted to say that it is not your fault, you haven't done anything that could warrant treatment like this from your family.
Its NOT your fault.

Microcosm
May 28th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Never personally experienced this before...

If it really gets too bad then there is a law against this and you can take legal action.

gothy
May 31st, 2014, 04:33 PM

you have done nothing wrong. Even if it was something (which i doubt.) no one no matter what deserves or should be punished or abused NO MATTER WHAT.
you should report him immedietly and get the fuck away from him and go to a safe place. really. Please be safe. This is terrible and NO ONE SHOULD BE ABUSED EVER. ITS NOT YOUR FAULT.

sincerely

gothy

thatgothgirluknow
May 31st, 2014, 04:34 PM

Meh, I've been delt those same cards. I have no idea. I always feel like its my fault and that I'm some how just a bad kid that everyone hates because I'm worthless. But that's probably the years of abuse talking. It has damaged me perninatly. I can not think and feel the same as a normal person, some words will be engrained in my being forever. I know there is nothing wrong with me but my being has been convinced there is through years of psychological and other abuse.

I can't trust anyone at all any more, I can't interact with people because in the back of my mind there's always those things that have been burned into me. "Worthels fucking monster" mentally I'll" stupid bitch who nobody likes" "girls are less than men" and so on.

Its shocking to me even, how much the years of abuse have changed me.

They have destroyed and built me. Its kind of like trading one thing for another, I am now much wiser and less likely to fall prey to a trap. Where as before I was naive and sheltered, now I know what real life is like and how to avoid the same mistakes. I have lost so much yet learnt so much.

I wish the best to you. You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family. ;) your not alone and its not our fault even though it feels like it is.
its not are fault i thought that too before but now i relize that sometimes i wouldnt do anything and my grandma wouldnt be home for even five minutes before she hurt me and i could get away with some things one day and not the other like if she worked late i had to make sure everything was perfect while on her days off she was happy so now i relize its more of them being upset and us just being in the wrong place at the wrong time

Gottaloveaginger14
July 12th, 2014, 05:12 PM
It is not your fault!

Soldier212
July 17th, 2014, 02:20 PM
It is not your fault, and you need to contact the police. That is an unfit home for a child. You are being physically abused by your father. That is not love. You need to be where it is safe for you, with parents who love and care for you. I would recommend calling Child Protective Services ASAP and explain the situation, and the marks he has left on your body. I know it will be a scary process to go through, but it will not only get you away from the physical pain, it will help you learn to trust some adults, and help yoube guided in the right direction.

Gottaloveaginger14
July 17th, 2014, 07:49 PM
We (and I use we because I was abused too) did nothing wrong. Some people are just fucked up. Check out my blog below and I'm here if you wanna talk

jessie3
July 19th, 2014, 04:56 PM

My dad has done all those things to me, he and my mom even call me names and say mean things to me to like im a loser, im unwanted, they wish they had an abortion. ..etc..etc
And I do sometimes think it's my fault because I made them get angry but I have gotten used to all the beaten, it doesn't hurt me anymore. No parent should ever physically and emotionally abuse there child, if they do I don't think they should be called a parent.

I love watching the movie precious because I've gone through that stuff, when I get older I wanna turn my abusive life and as well as others and turn it to a movie so that everybody can see all the pain they put there kids through.

ChaseDakoda
July 19th, 2014, 05:45 PM
It is not your fault, and you need to contact the police. That is an unfit home for a child. You are being physically abused by your father. That is not love. You need to be where it is safe for you, with parents who love and care for you. I would recommend calling Child Protective Services ASAP and explain the situation, and the marks he has left on your body. I know it will be a scary process to go through, but it will not only get you away from the physical pain, it will help you learn to trust some adults, and help yoube guided in the right direction.

This is a fantastic responce, I was mentally abused and the memory is fresh in my memory, but if you did it does not warrent the abuse you get.

3 numbers 9-1-1

When you do nerve up and press the 3 numbers you will be blamed, when you do call the police have a friend of family there or a friend as a witness of what happens when you tell Police what is going on. Be prepared to leave the house and go someplace safe, sounds scarry butus kids in USA call police for lesser and they give our parents help and try to get the family togeather as a non abusive family. I will pray you do not get beat. You did nothing wrong. Email me anytime because you cannot pm us yet.