PDA

View Full Version : Could i have Bipolar?

Dark_Desires
April 30th, 2014, 04:12 AM
So by the title i think i mite have Bipolar and yes i know i need to go see
a Professional to get a diagnosis but i'm not sure if its worth mentioning.

I have a referral to a psychologist and have already been to the doctors
about been depressed anxious Suicidal thoughts etc.

But i guess the question i have is if i have most of the symptoms but not so many of the manic ones could i have it? is it worth mentioning?.

ksdnfkfr
April 30th, 2014, 05:01 AM
Yeah it's worth mentioning. Best to be as open as possible to get the most comprehensive care. I think most people have a touch of of whatever disorder, especially if they already have other diagnosed disorders. What really matters is if it's just an inconvenience or if its having a negative impact on your life.

Dark_Desires
April 30th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Its impacting my life whatever i have so i definitely will mention it.
Thanks Ezra

Dalcourt
April 30th, 2014, 08:37 AM
I would definitely mention it. You should be open about everything and tell the psychiatrist about your symptoms and what you think, it may be helpful.
I wish you all the best and keep us updated about what the psychiatrist finds out if you like.

vampirefreaks
April 30th, 2014, 11:57 AM
You should always mention things like that and any other issues you're having.

ImCoolBeans
April 30th, 2014, 12:24 PM
If it's causing you worry, I would bring it up. However, if you are not experiencing mania, it's unlikely that you are bipolar. The whole gist of bipolar disorder is that there are two extreme opposites, if you're lacking one of those extremes I wouldn't spend too much time worrying over it. But like others have said, it won't hurt to bring it up, especially if it will bring you peace of mind.

Bipolar mood swings aren't an overnight thing. Somebody who is having a manic episode can often tell as it is starting to take effect. A depressive, or manic, episode lasts for weeks to months, rather than for a few days to a week.

Melodic
April 30th, 2014, 04:46 PM
It's always best to be open about everything on that..

I've been through countless therapies and countless doctors, and it may be a struggle but it did help me. :)

Dark_Desires
April 30th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Thanks Everyone i will mention it but i'm still not sure if its worth it.I have some of the manic symptoms but not many so i'm not sure but i guess i can't find out what is wrong until i go.

Luminous
May 9th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Even if you don't have all the symptoms of being bipolar, it could still be something else. Clearly it is worrying you, so it is definitely worth investigating.