PDA

View Full Version : Music is my anchor

Melodic
April 26th, 2014, 10:09 PM
So half of my username is because it's my FAVORITE Christina Aguilera song.. But another half of it is because my Voice is really all I've ever had in my world to keep me strong.

Since I was two years old, I've been singing. It all started from walking to tables singing to random customers or walking down the plane aisle singing Barney. I finally had my first performance at 8 years old singing "What I've Been Looking For". After a big applause and everyone singing along, I inspired to go in more directions with it. I've done plenty of performances and always had that same reaction.

After years of struggle with countless amounts of therapy for Autism, Bipolar, and Anxiety.. After plenty of people not understanding my differences.. After many people leaving once they realized... After bullies pushing me down stairs..

Music is the one thing that always anchored me down..

After how much I've probably dealt with.. I can say singing in a crowd of five people or just popping headphones in will always make me think brighter and happier.

Today I got to hear myself actually sing a cover, without cameras with crappy audio and with professional equipment for the first time. I probably had the brightest smile on my face after it was done. I couldn't believe what I heard. :)

This was that cover..

kV2yBliu8o8

Horatio Nelson
April 26th, 2014, 10:22 PM
That was frickin' awesome!! :D

You have a great voice.

radsniper
April 26th, 2014, 10:24 PM
very nice,thank you for sharing madie i really enjoyed it

Feraligatr
April 27th, 2014, 12:45 AM
You're really good! :) I love your voice!

McLovin
April 27th, 2014, 01:43 AM
You have an awesome voice. You could definitely go places. And I agree music is always my place to fall back on.

ksdnfkfr
April 27th, 2014, 01:44 AM
WOW. I'm sincerely blow away Madie. You have an amazing voice.

backjruton
April 27th, 2014, 05:45 AM
I always sometimes lie down and listen to music when I want to relax/cool down and I can imagine this soon becoming one of those XD It's an amazing voice :D It's wonderful to be going for a career in the industry of what always calms you down, instead of me with something you didn't like in the first place and is now causing you more mental problems :whoops: I like singing to myself a lot but would never imagine things getting that far for me, my voice is way too strange but I learn the tunes to songs too quickly :D

Melodic
April 28th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

Synyster Shadows
April 28th, 2014, 02:07 PM
This is so true, and wow. You have a beautiful voice, Madie :) I've never gotten to record on professional equipment. I'm so jealous. How'd you get the opportunity?

Poison_Ivy
April 28th, 2014, 02:46 PM
You're a very good singer

backjruton
April 28th, 2014, 04:02 PM
It's just wonderful how helpful music can be. Once again I had a lot of random things I'd done over Easter and no proper way to put them together, until I was asked a question of what I want my final outcome to be (I said I want a big wall piece with words going across it) and I immediately thought of "The Monster" to go with the theme of my previous work :D so I now have "I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed" on the drafts for my work. I just have to plan how I'm going to portray that message while it's on the picture now but it'll be a lot easier soon :)

Music is the best invention out there and it's helped me with so many things. This is why I'm glad you will hopefully soon be able to produce it :metal:

Melodic
April 28th, 2014, 08:57 PM
This is so true, and wow. You have a beautiful voice, Madie :) I've never gotten to record on professional equipment. I'm so jealous. How'd you get the opportunity?
Thank you! Well my mom's friend does screamo/hard metal music with his friends. So he got really expensive equipment and let me use it. It was pretty awesome! :)

You're so good at singing and you have a nice voice!

Thank you!

It's just wonderful how helpful music can be. Once again I had a lot of random things I'd done over Easter and no proper way to put them together, until I was asked a question of what I want my final outcome to be (I said I want a big wall piece with words going across it) and I immediately thought of "The Monster" to go with the theme of my previous work :D so I now have "I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed" on the drafts for my work. I just have to plan how I'm going to portray that message while it's on the picture now but it'll be a lot easier soon :)

Music is the best invention out there and it's helped me with so many things. This is why I'm glad you will hopefully soon be able to produce it :metal:

It definetely is an amazing invention. It's helped loads of people emotionally and career wise.

I hope to produce it soon as well! I really want to put myself out there to have a succesful, non boring career. :)

Blood
April 28th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Madie.

This is beautiful.

Plasma
April 28th, 2014, 09:13 PM
So, we're going to see you on American Idol right?

Great job :3

Dalcourt
April 29th, 2014, 06:51 AM
This is so beautiful...you have an amazing voice. and I totally understand yor feelings about music...music has always been my anchor, too.

Saint
April 30th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Amazing voice & cover,it's good to focus on what you love to get better on it. Obviously your passion and talent for singing can be heard & seen,great job :).

Melodic
April 30th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Madie.

This is beautiful.

So, we're going to see you on American Idol right?

Great job :3

This is so beautiful...you have an amazing voice. and I totally understand yor feelings about music...music has always been my anchor, too.

Amazing voice & cover,it's good to focus on what you love to get better on it. Obviously your passion and talent for singing can be heard & seen,great job :).

Thanks everyone! It really means a lot :)

AzuPazu
May 1st, 2014, 06:17 AM
Amazing, that video got my like seriously. Keep on going girl! :D

Silver700
May 18th, 2014, 02:50 PM
You have an amazing voice! Good job! :)
I also feel yah, music was always my anchor too.

Lisa R
May 18th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Madie. That was so beautiful and lovely voice. Music as always been there for me and held me together when things were falling apart. I can't sing a damn or even carry a toon. But music when listening to it always brought me back up again..And you song has inspired me to feel good again. THANKS FOR MAKING MY DAY.