PDA

View Full Version : Oh hey

etfboy
April 24th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Can you have add/hd if you don't have that "hyperactive" part? i mean im not hyper all the time there are times where im like on drugs but not always and other than that i have all symptoms i'm not worried i just want help

Karkat
April 24th, 2014, 03:08 PM
This is a really confusing post. Are you on drugs? Or do you just feel like you're on drugs?

You can always be an 'inattentive ADHD', however, sometimes the inattentive symptoms of ADHD can actually be something else, like depression or anxiety, or even related to the autism spectrum. It depends. It can even be a hormonal imbalance/etc.

backjruton
April 24th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I'd mostly go with autism too. The only problem is, people with autism can also have ADHD from what I've heard and I think I might have that too...

Find more information if you're concerned then speak to a parent or someone else that might be able to help you out if you really want to get help. You need to know exactly what makes you think this

Harizu
April 25th, 2014, 04:55 AM
They say that 40% to 60% of the people with autism have ADD/ADHD as well.
The symptoms are actually very similar. In fact when they created the DSM V they wanted to put ADHD under the "high-functioning autism" umbrella term like they did with AS. But in the end they didn't do it with ADHD though.
It's possible to have ADHD "without the H": it's called ADHD-PI, predominant inattentive subtype. People with ADHD-PI might meet some hyperactivity criteria but they don't meet enough of them to be diagnosed with the combined subtype (hyperactivity+inattention, the most common type).
I am diagnosed with ADHD-PI because I meet some hyperactivity criteria but generally I'm not hyperactive and I didn't meet the criteria for the combined type. I am also diagnosed with Asperger's but I think I only have ADD and that the AS-like symptoms are all symptoms of ADD.

DiamondsGirl
April 25th, 2014, 06:29 AM
All I can say is if you suspect you have a mental illness--whatever it is--you should never ever self-diagnose. See a professional to diagnose for you.

ksdnfkfr
April 25th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Can you have add/hd if you don't have that "hyperactive" part? i mean im not hyper all the time there are times where im like on drugs but not always and other than that i have all symptoms i'm not worried i just want help

if you don't have the hyperactive part then it's just add. if your hyper unless your on meds, then your adhd. what you need is to be diagnosed by a doctor or psychologist. no one in this forum can make that call. trying to diagnose yourself is no good. if you have already been diagnosed, then you probably have what you were diagnosed with.

I'm adhd, but that does not mean i'm always running around and fidgeting all the time. it usually means my brain is doing cartwheels. i think when i am hyper, like spinning around in my chair, it's to help release bottled up mental activity.

tdawhg99
April 26th, 2014, 01:41 PM

ADD stands for Attention Deficient Disorder
ADHD stands for Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder

both are the same, except people with ADHD live their lives in the fast lane (a metaphor... they are hyper naturally, and usually cannot sit still). there are medicines for ADHD that help them to calm down and concentrate, without turning them into a zombie (another metaphor.... it doesn't make them extremely slow, and focused that it drives them crazy, or unaware of the world around them).