PDA

View Full Version : Washing hands

Nick M
April 24th, 2014, 02:04 AM
I have really bad stress and PTSD, which caused OCD so I constantly wash my hands and I won't touch any kinda food without a fork. Is anyone like me and how do u control it?

CharlieHorse
April 24th, 2014, 02:18 AM
i dont like my hands feeling sticky or oily, so i wash them every hour or two

Living For Love
April 24th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I honestly don't know any way in order to control that, but I'd consider it a healthy habit everyone should consider doing.

proshots
May 12th, 2014, 05:46 AM
I watched a documentary once and someone had the same thing as you, you have to gradually do things a little better, can you eat crisps without a fork?

Hudor
May 17th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I have really bad stress and PTSD, which caused OCD so I constantly wash my hands and I won't touch any kinda food without a fork. Is anyone like me and how do u control it?

I've got this problem. I could wash my hands up to five times in five minutes and certainly more than once in every couple of hours.
I made a 10 point dirt scale recently and am trying to minimise the washing with soap part. Maybe that could help.

Miserabilia
June 2nd, 2014, 08:31 AM
I can't controll it, which is the problem.
I wash my hands atleast every hour of the day.
My hands often get irritated and stuff.
It sucks.

Stuey1
July 26th, 2014, 06:09 PM
I used to be like that, I eventually just stoped after about a year

kryptonite
July 30th, 2014, 10:33 PM
I honestly don't know any way in order to control that, but I'd consider it a healthy habit everyone should consider doing.

While washing hands is healthy, I've heard that washing hands too often can certainly be OCD. Experts have warned against it...search online and you'll see.