PDA

View Full Version : You're not ugly

PinkFloyd
April 19th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Recently, I was lurking in Relationships and dating threads that talk about compliments. A few replies were talking about how their intellect was complimented and not their physical appearance so that means that they must be ugly.

That is completely untrue. Just because your personality or painting abilities are complimented and not your boobs, does NOT mean that we aren't into you that way. We totally are. You see, despite what everyone says, the majority of guys are shy and not confident enough to go up to a girl and say they have a nice butt. We also don't want to be looked at as perverts.

So what do we do? We compliment your drawing skills or personality instead of saying "nice rack!"

I'm sorry if this isn't uplifting enough, but I view it that way. Move it to Relationships and Dating if you must.

dreamofdante
April 19th, 2014, 02:06 PM
I've never been complimented on looks but simply intellect. And I think I'm corpse ugly and a lot of people agree. So I don't know. I can see why people think such things.

laurakitty
April 19th, 2014, 02:14 PM
I agree all compliments r good and don't Insult other aspects of the person xx

ninja789
April 19th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Thanks Rob that was really well put of you. It is true that you are like a lot of guys it is just a shame the others steal the lime light

Cygnus
April 19th, 2014, 05:07 PM
What Rob says holds so much truth I've given him a psychological bro first. Believe me girls, guys love how you look, we're freaking guys. It's really that simple.

Feraligatr
April 19th, 2014, 11:42 PM
I think it sucks when people call you ugly over the internet. Do they not have the guts to do it to my face?

dreamofdante
April 19th, 2014, 11:43 PM
I think it sucks when people call you ugly over the internet. Do they not have the guts to do it to my face?

They do it to mine :D

MechaSniper
April 19th, 2014, 11:46 PM
Well said

ksdnfkfr
April 20th, 2014, 12:06 AM
I think you can tell a girl she has a nice figure without it coming out the same way as saying nice rack, nice butt.

What I get personally is a lot of smart and adorable. Like little cutie pie, even from kids around my age, because I'm small.

Horatio Nelson
April 20th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Hahaha, this is so true. :D

Feraligatr
April 20th, 2014, 12:38 AM
They do it to mine :D

Some people are just assholes.

dreamofdante
April 20th, 2014, 12:46 AM
Some people are just assholes.

Or honest.

Feraligatr
April 20th, 2014, 12:47 AM
Or honest.

There still isn't a need to say things like that. I hope you're not referring to them calling you ugly. You shouldn't put yourself down. I know it's easier said than done, but I don't like when people say bad things about themselves. Still, the people shouldn't be saying negative things to you in the first place. :(

dreamofdante
April 20th, 2014, 12:51 AM
There still isn't a need to say things like that. I hope you're not referring to them calling you ugly. You shouldn't put yourself down. I know it's easier said than done, but I don't like when people say bad things about themselves. Still, the people shouldn't be saying negative things to you in the first place. :(

I've been called anything from unattractive to the ugliest person someone has ever seen. I've heard so many times for the past eight years I fully believe it. People maybe shouldn't say it yeah but if I want them to be honest then they should say it.

Karkat
April 20th, 2014, 01:59 AM
I've been called anything from unattractive to the ugliest person someone has ever seen. I've heard so many times for the past eight years I fully believe it. People maybe shouldn't say it yeah but if I want them to be honest then they should say it.

I'm pretty sure there's a psychological condition behind this. I've talked to you before, and I'm not trying to say that you're a bad person or anything- it's just not normal to feel this way about yourself. There's no reason you SHOULD.

And this is coming from the girl who gets told by her therapist that she has extremely warped and abnormally self-depricative self image. The way I view myself/talk about myself isn't even normal.

dreamofdante
April 20th, 2014, 02:04 AM
I'm pretty sure there's a psychological condition behind this. I've talked to you before, and I'm not trying to say that you're a bad person or anything- it's just not normal to feel this way about yourself. There's no reason you SHOULD.

And this is coming from the girl who gets told by her therapist that she has extremely warped and abnormally self-depricative self image. The way I view myself/talk about myself isn't even normal.

I'm a bad person and I'm paying for it with a life time of suffering.

Karkat
April 20th, 2014, 02:09 AM
I'm a bad person and I'm paying for it with a life time of suffering.

See, this is what I'm talking about. You need to see someone about this, because it's REALLY unhealthy. Believe me, I know. :(

dreamofdante
April 20th, 2014, 02:10 AM
See, this is what I'm talking about. You need to see someone about this, because it's REALLY unhealthy. Believe me, I know. :(

PTSD mixed with bad choices lead to this.

Karkat
April 20th, 2014, 02:23 AM

It's way more than just PTSD, hon. I have PTSD, and it's mostly irrelevant to my terrible self-image. And I've made TERRIBLE choices. LOTS OF THEM.

I know that you're just in denial about the fact that this isn't your fault, but it isn't. There's something influencing you that you can't control, and all of this negativity is you becoming its victim. Don't listen to it. You're the victim here. It's not your fault.

Feraligatr
April 20th, 2014, 02:25 AM
I see all your posts, and you're acting very negative. There isn't a reason to hate yourself so much. I think you should talk to someone about this, and not just on this site. I'm talking about someone you know in real life.

dreamofdante
April 20th, 2014, 02:26 AM
I see all your posts, and you're acting very negative. There isn't a reason to hate yourself so much. I think you should talk to someone about this, and not just on this site. I'm talking about someone you know in real life.

All right. Everyone is sick of me here. Goodbye. I'm gone.

Karkat
April 20th, 2014, 02:33 AM

We're not sick of you, we're concerned. Because this is neither healthy nor is it normal, and you're a pretty nice guy. You shouldn't have to go through this.

Feraligatr
April 20th, 2014, 02:34 AM

Aren't you overreacting just a little bit? This is a teen help site. I'm only trying to help you.

StoppingTime
April 20th, 2014, 10:04 AM

This isn't your thread, so you have no reason to simply come here and complain about why the OP "doesn't apply to you" and whatever else you've said. If you have something you'd like to discuss in response to the OP, make your own thread instead of just trying to shoot people in this thread down who are only trying to help you. That kind of negativity isn't something that we need anywhere on this site. So if you post something and just say "nope, you're wrong, this is why things won't get better for me" instead of considering their advice, what's the point to posting and looking for help at all?

So please take this to PMs or another thread, but I don't want it to continue here.

Paraxiom
April 20th, 2014, 04:10 PM
It makes sense :) if only my emotions always saw it like that :( but it's getting better.

Synyster Shadows
April 20th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Good job man :) so true. We are just shy about it, some of us anyways

dreamofdante
April 20th, 2014, 07:55 PM
This isn't your thread, so you have no reason to simply come here and complain about why the OP "doesn't apply to you" and whatever else you've said. If you have something you'd like to discuss in response to the OP, make your own thread instead of just trying to shoot people in this thread down who are only trying to help you. That kind of negativity isn't something that we need anywhere on this site. So if you post something and just say "nope, you're wrong, this is why things won't get better for me" instead of considering their advice, what's the point to posting and looking for help at all?

So please take this to PMs or another thread, but I don't want it to continue here.

That's me. Good old piece of shit jack1995 that everyone hates because he is stuck from doing someone's advice. I'm not even worth this conversation. It's done. Period. No more on this thread.