PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Anyone?

DiamondsGirl
April 16th, 2014, 07:21 AM
So I have always been socially anxious, though not to the point of suffering from panic attacks. My anxiety around strangers both IRL and on the internet is now minimal, but I only recently realized that my anxiety towards people who resemble my ex is highly disturbing. BG story:

Let's just say that our relationship wasn't healthy and it sent me down to the dumps. Our break-up was nasty and he kept terrorizing me randomly (on and off) right after. I thought it's a good thing he continued his study overseas so I can hide behind the distance, but at the end of last year he suddenly messaged me on Facebook saying that he's coming home and he wants to meet me. I told him "I can't" but he kept on pushing me and suddenly the next day he walked up to me in my class. Please note that I never told him what class I am in. I also believe it's hard for him to know it was a sports event day that day since he have little to no contact left in my school. Before that day, he has also numerously came up with information I never shared like my best friend's cell phone number and what my teacher said in class. These really terrified me, but that day he walked in is the scariest of all. Since then every time I met a boy that looks like him I only see his face in my eyes and I became absolutely frozen in fear.

Fast forward to this evening: I crossed paths with this boy when I was out walking my dog. When I saw him from faraway I thought his hair was blonde (I know LOL I have poor vision) so I kept on looking. Then when we got a little closer I noticed that he actually looks a lot like my ex (his hair was NOT blonde btw :P ) and I panicked immediately. I feel cold sweat on my hands and my heart was beating a thousand times a minute. I didn't even dare to look at him and I was still a bit shaken a few moments after. Then I was like "you idiot he is many hours of plane trip away from here" to myself but still I was terrified :(

I want to at least control this fear. I hate the fact that I can no longer face a tall, skinny, glasses-wearing Asian guy. It's embarrassing. What would you suggest? Thanks in advance :) x

Miserabilia
April 17th, 2014, 04:32 AM
To the first part, I'm pretty sure that's considered stalking. I mean, if you stpecificly told him you want him not to go and he followed you without your consent that's stalking and it's illegal in most places. THat's really serious.

I don't have any suggestions, I think you need some kind of justice. Seriously, if he keeps stalking you I'm prety sure you can report it in most cases.

laurakitty
April 17th, 2014, 05:18 AM
I wouldn't be suprised at you're reaction id say it was completely rational to say you habe anxiety issues and a cray cray ex

DiamondsGirl
April 17th, 2014, 05:53 AM
To the first part, I'm pretty sure that's considered stalking. I mean, if you stpecificly told him you want him not to go and he followed you without your consent that's stalking and it's illegal in most places. THat's really serious.

I don't have any suggestions, I think you need some kind of justice. Seriously, if he keeps stalking you I'm prety sure you can report it in most cases.
Hi thanks for replying. Yeah I've been told his actions are considered stalking but unfortunately my country has no laws against stalkers because they aren't common here. It's alright though soon I'll be leaving for the U.S, one place he could never afford to visit! :)

I wouldn't be suprised at you're reaction id say it was completely rational to say you habe anxiety issues and a cray cray ex

Thanks for replying :) I have no idea what's a "cray cray ex" but thanks for reassuring me x