PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks constantly...

VictoriaGotaSecret
April 10th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Lately I have been nothing but anxious and having panic attacks. I don't know what is the deal with me but its becoming just like the beginning of the school year. I feel the urge to run out of class and get away from here. At first I thought it was the lessons because it was more my cooking class than any other but now its every class I go to, I am anxious. I want to leave. Nothing puts me at ease and I don't want to feel like this anymore. I'm sorry but there are so many things running through my head right now and I am panicking... I'm becoming annoying and crazy... I'm sorry.

Karkat
April 10th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Is it only at school? I had a lot of panic attacks that were work-triggered, because work stressed me out too much a while back.

imthomas
April 10th, 2014, 08:10 PM
I know the feeling. I had to leave college because they were becoming so bad

VictoriaGotaSecret
April 11th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Is it only at school? I had a lot of panic attacks that were work-triggered, because work stressed me out too much a while back.

No. They happen anywhere. Just been more at school than anywhere else.

Karkat
April 11th, 2014, 11:20 AM
No. They happen anywhere. Just been more at school than anywhere else.

It could still be school-related. Do you have anything that helps to relax you? Have you tried meditation before?

VictoriaGotaSecret
April 11th, 2014, 11:24 AM
It could still be school-related. Do you have anything that helps to relax you? Have you tried meditation before?

I've never had medication before and the only thing that helps me is cutting...

Karkat
April 11th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I've never had medication before and the only thing that helps me is cutting...

Not medication, meditation. http://zenhabits.net/meditation-for-beginners-20-practical-tips-for-quieting-the-mind/

VictoriaGotaSecret
April 11th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Not medication, meditation. http://zenhabits.net/meditation-for-beginners-20-practical-tips-for-quieting-the-mind/

No. Haven't tried that either. Sorry for my mistake.

Karkat
April 11th, 2014, 11:35 AM
No. Haven't tried that either. Sorry for my mistake.

It's fine, there's like a two letter difference so I understand :P

Well that might be able to help you. Personally it takes a lot for me to get calm enough to be ABLE to, but who knows.

Aside from that, have you gone to a counselor/therapist? Or tried drinking water/chewing gum/other mundane things to calm down?

VictoriaGotaSecret
April 11th, 2014, 11:38 AM
It's fine, there's like a two letter difference so I understand :P

Well that might be able to help you. Personally it takes a lot for me to get calm enough to be ABLE to, but who knows.

Aside from that, have you gone to a counselor/therapist? Or tried drinking water/chewing gum/other mundane things to calm down?

Yes but nothing else has worked. I used to see someone too and that didn't help.

Karkat
April 12th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Yes but nothing else has worked. I used to see someone too and that didn't help.

Hmm, well I don't have any advice other than that, sorry. :(

VictoriaGotaSecret
April 12th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Hmm, well I don't have any advice other than that, sorry. :(

Its okay.

ksdnfkfr
April 12th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Lately I have been nothing but anxious and having panic attacks. I don't know what is the deal with me but its becoming just like the beginning of the school year. I feel the urge to run out of class and get away from here. At first I thought it was the lessons because it was more my cooking class than any other but now its every class I go to, I am anxious. I want to leave. Nothing puts me at ease and I don't want to feel like this anymore. I'm sorry but there are so many things running through my head right now and I am panicking... I'm becoming annoying and crazy... I'm sorry.

I had that really bad for a while up to 2-3 weeks ago. And now it's gone. Don't really know what causes it. Just a brain chemical imbalance I guess. I drink a lot of Mountain Dew, so one thing I did was cut out all caffeine and drink extra water. Exercised more. Now it's gone. Don't know if that's because of anything I did or it just ran its course.

Karkat
April 12th, 2014, 11:12 PM
I had that really bad for a while up to 2-3 weeks ago. And now it's gone. Don't really know what causes it. Just a brain chemical imbalance I guess. I drink a lot of Mountain Dew, so one thing I did was cut out all caffeine and drink extra water. Exercised more. Now it's gone. Don't know if that's because of anything I did or it just ran its course.

Well caffeine IS a drug, and it CAN cause anxiety if you use a lot of it. So that's not too surprising. Did you have any withdrawals?

ksdnfkfr
April 13th, 2014, 12:06 AM
Well caffeine IS a drug, and it CAN cause anxiety if you use a lot of it. So that's not too surprising. Did you have any withdrawals?

I'm not sure if I did, but doubt it. Usually caffeine seems to have little effect on me. I mainly drink Mountain Dew because I like the flavor so much. But I figure if already jittery and having fast heartbeats, prolly not a good idea to keep taking in caffeine and drink water with electrolytes instead. I drank a bunch of Mtn Dew today and it had no effect on me.

Karkat
April 13th, 2014, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure if I did, but doubt it. Usually caffeine seems to have little effect on me. I mainly drink Mountain Dew because I like the flavor so much. But I figure if already jittery and having fast heartbeats, prolly not a good idea to keep taking in caffeine and drink water with electrolytes instead. I drank a bunch of Mtn Dew today and it had no effect on me.

(No withdrawals usually = not chemically dependent- so that's good.)

Yeeeaaah, that would be your body telling you to cut it out. :P