PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a problem?

MakeYouGo
April 9th, 2014, 02:17 PM
So, I'm 15, 5"7 & I weigh 104lbs. I don't personally think I have a eating disorder, but I'm just posting here because I'm quite often (pretty much every day) told by my friends that I don't eat enough & that I'm too skinny (which I take as a compliment if I'm being completely honest). I find myself wanting to weigh a bit less than what I do now (90lbs), which means that I'm consciously eating less food. Like at school for example, I've cut down on snacks & am instead opting to take a small bap instead of a sandwich. It's gotten to the point where my friends are trying to force me to eat their food & that's very out of character. On some days I literally pig out and eat like half an Easter egg, which I then spend the rest of the day regretting.

So I just wanna know whether I should be concerned or whether this is normal.

Miserabilia
April 9th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Well, there was a time about a year ago that I was very underweight, and I'm still naturaly skinny, so with puberty that time is there for most boys;
however wanting to eat less is a problem, because your weight is already low.
I've never had an eating disorder and I'm not an expert but that sounds like you do have a problem, and no matter how dumb it sounds when I say it like this, you should eat more.
I guess it depends on the fixation.
Sometimes I start eating less on some times because of the feelings, which is not healthy behaviour from myself; but I'm not that interested in being thin.
If you are trying to be thinner than that's unhealtny, you should try to shift your body ideals; and also remember, if you are very underweight for a long time you'll stunt your puberty and you may never develop properly.
(So you'll look like a kid forever, unless you are already at a late stage in puberty)

Karkat
April 9th, 2014, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't say that it's severe, but:

1.Weighing 90lbs at your height is pretty abnormal. Male or female. Wanting to weigh LESS even more so.
2. You call eating half an easter egg 'gorging'- is this like a Cadburry egg?? Or bigger??

Most of what you've said are warning signs for anorexia. Like I said, it's mild, but it's pretty hard to be healthy at that weight and height (I would know), so I would say that you probably do need to look into getting help.

MakeYouGo
April 9th, 2014, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't say that it's severe, but:

1.Weighing 90lbs at your height is pretty abnormal. Male or female. Wanting to weigh LESS even more so.
2. You call eating half an easter egg 'gorging'- is this like a Cadburry egg?? Or bigger??

Most of what you've said are warning signs for anorexia. Like I said, it's mild, but it's pretty hard to be healthy at that weight and height (I would know), so I would say that you probably do need to look into getting help.

It was one of those big hollow ones that usually come in boxes with different chocolates in them

Karkat
April 9th, 2014, 05:37 PM
It was one of those big hollow ones that usually come in boxes with different chocolates in them

Well that's a little different then.

But still, it's ok to engorge on sweets while you're a teenager. It's better to be health-conscious, but even then, life is short, eat chocolate.

Dalcourt
April 10th, 2014, 08:03 AM
I'd say you don't have a problem, yet but maybe get one in the near future if you keep this up. Wanting to have only 90 lbs sounds kinda dangerous, I wouldn't do that. You are risking your health

life is short, eat chocolate.
That's so awesome, I keep that in mind.:)