PDA

View Full Version : May i have other disorders?

Rockshe
April 1st, 2014, 06:49 PM
Hey everyone i have Tourette's and adhd but i been thinking i may have other disorders. I get anxious really easy about little things. and i think i may have sensory processing disorder. when not focusing on something i hear every little sound or see every detail. i also seem to smell really bad odors and extremely strong odors that most peaple say they can't smell anything. light burns my eyes{when reflecting or hitting something i don't look at the sun" and light colors what do you guy's think?

Edit: i forgot to say i also lack empathy, don't usually understand jokes ect
One more edit. I forgot again to say i don't really understand what i am reading when reading or can't "read threw the lines" as peaple put it. and much more.....

ksdnfkfr
April 1st, 2014, 08:15 PM
Hey everyone i have Tourette's and adhd but i been thinking i may have other disorders. I get anxious really easy about little things. and i think i may have sensory processing disorder. when not focusing on something i hear every little sound or see every detail. i also seem to smell really bad odors and extremely strong odors that most peaple say they can't smell anything. light burns my eyes{when reflecting or hitting something i don't look at the sun" and light colors what do you guy's think?

One more edit. I forgot again to say i don't really understand what i am reading when reading or can't "read threw the lines" as peaple put it. and much more.....

What you're describing sounds a lot like high functioning autism. I'm autistic and on an autism forum so I know a lot about it. Sounds like it though, it could be something else. Seems when you have a neurological disorder, lots of things can be out of whack. I sometimes do Tourette's type stuff sometimes, even though I don't officially have it.

Rockshe
April 1st, 2014, 08:36 PM
Thanks for your feedback. if i have autism. i hope i'll get diagnosed soon.. {can't think of anything to say}

Tarannosaurus
April 6th, 2014, 05:47 AM

I have some kind of sensory integration disorder, I was diagnosed two weeks ago. It couldn't hurt to ask your doctor/psychiatrist for a Sensory Profile. Lacking empathy is often a coping mechanism, so I don't think you should worry about that too much. As for the rest, self-diagnose is completely unreliable. I suggest that you tell the extra stuff to your doctor, and let them decide.

Katiya
April 7th, 2014, 02:18 AM
Could be what erza said. Or any number of other things. Those issues are common in other nuro disorders.