PDA

View Full Version : scared now im out

lawliett
March 30th, 2014, 08:55 AM
I was in a psychiatric hospital for 5 months and have been home for about 2 weeks, I was desperate to be home again and so happy when they said I would be leaving soon.
Now im home im scared being out, I almost feel like I want to go back again, it does not feel safe here.
I should be glad to be home shouldn't I? I don't want to tell the doctor this and he might think im getting ill again and if my parents knew they would think I don't want to be with them or something.
Is this really weird,maybe I am getting ill again has anyone who has been in hospital felt something a bit similar?

Bmble_B
March 30th, 2014, 09:29 AM
I cant say that I have. This is most likely because you've become accustomed to living in that psychiatric hospital. Just give yourself some time, and before you know it you'll be thinking to yourself "I used to actually want to go back there?" :D

Rocket Raccoon
April 6th, 2014, 10:59 AM
The hospital probably became a safety net for you. The real worlds scary enough without an illness. Just try and make your family and friends a safe place for you and you will be good. One day at a time. Oh and hobbies help too.

Katiya
April 7th, 2014, 02:20 AM
That's a loooong time in the nut hut! :O

You probably got use to living there. You will adjust to normal life soon. ;)

ksdnfkfr
April 7th, 2014, 03:14 AM
Have heard someone who's been confined for a long time has a lot of difficulty adjusting to being out in the big real world again. Give yourself time to adjust. I've never been fully adjusted to it myself and get panic attacks when outside of home. Like almost agoraphobic. A lot of the time I would just like to stay in my room 24/7 tbh.

Katiya
April 14th, 2014, 01:12 AM
Have heard someone who's been confined for a long time has a lot of difficulty adjusting to being out in the big real world again. Give yourself time to adjust. I've never been fully adjusted to it myself and get panic attacks when outside of home. Like almost agoraphobic. A lot of the time I would just like to stay in my room 24/7 tbh.

Do they really still keep people this long in those places?? :O crap! That is such a long time! I cant even imagine that kind of hell x(

Tarannosaurus
April 15th, 2014, 04:08 AM
I was in a psychiatric hospital for 5 months and have been home for about 2 weeks, I was desperate to be home again and so happy when they said I would be leaving soon.
Now im home im scared being out, I almost feel like I want to go back again, it does not feel safe here.
I should be glad to be home shouldn't I? I don't want to tell the doctor this and he might think im getting ill again and if my parents knew they would think I don't want to be with them or something.
Is this really weird,maybe I am getting ill again has anyone who has been in hospital felt something a bit similar?

Well I haven't been in a psychiatric hospital yet but I'm being admitted to a psychiatric residence unit soon for a couple of weeks. I think it's normal that you would feel less safe now that you're out of the hospital. In the hospital they have trained nurses/ doctors who know what to do if there's an emergency. The thing is though, they wouldn't have let you out if they didn't think you would be able to manage it. Trust yourself. And they won't just leave you with no after care/ follow up plan. Just because you're out of the hospital doesn't mean you're on your own :)