PDA

View Full Version : body after weight loss

dame
March 30th, 2014, 02:29 AM
so for the past year i've been having issues with my body. i used to weigh 210lbs, now i am 160lbs. i lost the weight really unhealthily, i only ate about 1200 calories a day. the problem is that now my body is very oddly proportioned, i have very skinny legs, my ribs show, my arms are skinny, but my stomach isn't. my stomach is very loose feeling & is covered in stretch marks. i just want my body to be proportionate. is there anything that i can do to make it look better? would it be good for me to gain some muscle weight? btw i am 5'9"

(idk if this is in the right area but i figured it fell into the category because of how i lost the weight) :confused:

thank you for your help :)

unknownuser
March 30th, 2014, 08:00 PM
You're probably over-imagining your odd proportions a little bit, I'm sure that if someone else looked at you, they'd think you look ok and wouldn't really notice what you see, so don't stress too much.

Because you ate so little, you starved your body and to keep yourself going, your body fed off the fat (and muscle) you had in areas you needed them the least in (arms, legs...) and kept the essential body fat you needed at your core. I don't think you need to lose or gain any weight, the 160 lb range sounds ok for someone of your height, but you'd feel more confident in yourself if you toned up a bit. I don't mean getting big and buff and bodybuilder muscular, just defining and firming up what you've got.

Try a mix of things like calisthenics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calisthenics), swimming, yoga, cardio as well as eating a bit more than those 1200 calories. When you're eating more paired with working out, you don't put on fat, you put on muscle.

Good luck!