PDA

View Full Version : What Causes Your Anxiety?

ImCoolBeans
March 27th, 2014, 12:33 PM
What makes you feel anxious usually?

My anxiety can either be free floating -- as in it may not have a direct cause, it just arises -- or otherwise it's usually caused by some sort of interaction. A lot of times I also over think things, and when I start doing that I usually set off my anxiety.

Miserabilia
March 27th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Very VERY rarely, I get anxiety for no reason.
Otherwise it's social anxiety.
It's kind of complicated actualy...
My anxiety is mostly triggered in situations where I for example go to a store or downtown by myself, I can't stand that and I need to get out.

Sometimes I too managa to overthink myself into either sadness or anxiety.

Melodic
March 27th, 2014, 04:38 PM
My anxiety is usually based on tough current or future situations or pretty much things go unexpected and I don't want them to go unexpected..

Or when I'm going to bed and my mind wanders to unexpected thoughts..

Hollywood
March 27th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Usually it involves being around people, or knowing I have to go to see someone, especially if I don't know them well.

backjruton
March 27th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Happens
Randomly when at home
Sometimes while in college but hardly any
Walking home from college because I have to go through town which is always busy

I feel it less in college as I like making people laugh by doing and saying stupidly funny things. I make people laugh, I feel better. And also while listening to music I feel a lot better too :D

Karkat
March 27th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Usually it's random, or triggered by feeling upset in general. But if I have to do something that is stressful, ESPECIALLY if it involves other people, I get high amounts of anxiety, sometimes I'll even get panic attacks.

Or at night. I get a lot of anxiety and panic attacks at night.

Stryker125
March 27th, 2014, 10:11 PM
My anxiety is usually just kind of general. Some days I'm more anxious than others. I also get pretty anxious in social situations. Not to mention creative anxiety, which I just found out was a thing..

thatgothgirluknow
March 27th, 2014, 10:21 PM
allot of things loud nosies sometimes screaming or yelling being around serveral people at once especialy men being around my shoulders tlking to anyone about feelings being upset flash backs and sometimes i just over think things i can go anywhere from being fine to hiding in a corner having a panic attack in an instant on my bad days while im perfectly fine on others

Snydergate
March 28th, 2014, 10:48 PM
I used to have severe anxiety about going places without my parents, like school field trips. But after a few years of medication and a very good therapist, I rarely get anxiety now. I will still get some anxiety if I have to go on a plane by myself, but only sometimes. But the one thing that still gives me anxiety is my dad. Long story...

ksdnfkfr
March 28th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Most any situation outside of the regular routine, especially if it involves people I don't know. Other times for no reason. Wednesday for no reason I had a horrible panic attack that was so bad I'm still a little shaky from it.

Gamma Male
March 29th, 2014, 03:26 AM
Sudden loud knocking, wasps, and being the center of attention in a room with more then 5 people.

Tarannosaurus
March 29th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Usually I can't really find a common trigger, but sometimes stress, some social situations, and generally anywhere I feel out of my depth set it off. Sometimes I just walk into a room or building and suddenly I get really, really scared and anxious and I have to get out straight away, without knowing why.

plebble
March 30th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Just found out that my ex-girlfriend who I still like lost her virginity to some guy the other day and it's killing me. I haven't eaten a thing all day :/

CcRoder
March 30th, 2014, 08:54 PM
What makes you feel anxious usually?

My anxiety can either be free floating -- as in it may not have a direct cause, it just arises -- or otherwise it's usually caused by some sort of interaction. A lot of times I also over think things, and when I start doing that I usually set off my anxiety.

Mine is the exact same way, but I get it more often "out of the blue" than not.

Danny Phantom
April 9th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Mine comes from being around people... especially unfamiliar people.

backjruton
April 9th, 2014, 04:55 PM
I literally feel some kind of anxiety all the time but not bad mostly. I'm always a little shaky, and constantly having to quickly calm myself down. The more I think about it (11 days since I posted here), the more I realize a lot of things have triggered a lot of my emotional problems.

Being face-to-face with people

Fear of getting things wrong when I'm speaking up, especially when to people I don't know

Being the center of attention

Staying still... honestly I can't and when I try to I can end up in a panic

Lectures in college. Had to sit through 2 today both in large groups of people which was hell

Too many people in the college computer room, some day last week we had around 10-20 people suddenly crowd into there and I got so bad I had to leave the room because of it

Seeing some of the worst people from school

Situations where it's just me and 1 other person talking in a room. This is down to me trusting someone when we were both alone and him telling EVERYONE the secrets I told him

Not wearing something colour co-ordinated. Honestly, I feel much better when I wear completely red and blue, and in college I feel much better wearing one of my bobble hats too

Sudden loud noises

Sometimes being outside on my own

Not constantly holding something in my hand. I earlier carried my water bottle around the room with me when we had to move around for this stupid lecture thing because only by holding something did I feel comfortable with the kind of situation I was in

Being asked questions about the future

I had a slight panic attack again caused just by Daily Mail on facebook. I unfollowed them and am going to try and not view the site again because of all the news about science, honestly. My brother doesn't understand how bad it affects me, I've always been scared by science...

Having things I wrote read out to the whole group

Not being around either 1 of 3 people when in college

Being near people I don't know

Being in rooms without clocks... Seriously, I panic from that too. I always need to know the time or I feel extremely uncomfortable and in both of the rooms this was in I was sat near a teacher so I couldn't exactly check my phone

And a lot of other strange things I will eventually update this thread with if I can think and remember :D

imthomas
April 10th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Everything

workingatperfect
April 10th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Lately, money is the main one. I even get anxious about ordering a pizza lol.

Mid-size crowds. I'm fine in smaller groups of like 5-15 people, and big groups like 50+, but in between I feel very uncomfortable. Especially if it's a family thing that isn't MY family. I go to my step sister's things a lot and I don't know her family, so it's weird being around a group of people who've known each other all their lives.

Shopping.. I'm a slow shopper, and I get anxious if the store is fairly empty and it's just a little shop. I feel like more attention will be on me and they'll think I shop weird or something lol.

But I over think literally everything, which leads to some degree of anxiousness.

Lonely teen
April 10th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Whenever I'm going to sleep and I think really hard about the next day... do I know I'll wake up? am I living a dream? whats going to happen tomorrow?

Living For Love
April 12th, 2014, 04:25 PM
In my case, it happens mainly because of school grades and parent pressure.

Cognizant
April 13th, 2014, 01:27 AM
Basically any interaction that I could consider negative or "risky" (risky as in not really being able to know how that person or others surrounding that person would react).

I really hate arguing with strangers, too. I nearly broke down crying today because of a small argument I had with a driver in a parking lot......

Stronger
April 13th, 2014, 02:01 AM
Basically meeting new people or new things, which could be new classes, or generally the first time and if its from school like a new semester it'll take me weeks to get over it, even though I tell myself I'm fine.

DiamondsGirl
April 13th, 2014, 02:23 AM
- being put "under the spotlight" without expecting it
- having any family members walking too close to me when I'm on my laptop
- being asked/told to sing in front of people
- having physical contact with anyone I don't like (that is the entire world's population minus three)

earl_hun
April 13th, 2014, 03:01 PM
After an arguement, before meeting new people, in public transport, and almost all other occasions

flappybird
May 20th, 2014, 12:00 PM
-> Breathing problem.
-> Social Anxiety.
-> Not studying when I am supposed to.
-> Being a loser.

Chrisscotland
May 24th, 2014, 06:11 AM
I have a lot of things that triggers anxiety today im very anxious because I had nightmares last night and its still freaking me out so that makes me anxious

CosmicNoodle
May 24th, 2014, 06:20 AM
It can be absolutely anything.
Social interaction can cause it, going to meet my friends makes me anxious for no reason, they are the people Ibtrust but they just make me anvpxious for some reason.

Also college can do it, I have a small class, about 17 people, but that's too Manny for me to deal with in a confined space. Last week I had an anxiety attack after people started crowding around me. I had to leave the room.

But most of the time it is just free floating, nothing causes it or connects to it. It just sits there and floats around bin side my head. Its doing it right now. I have no reason to be, but I am. I feel anxious about 95% of the time. :(

Microcosm
June 6th, 2014, 02:11 AM
I usually get anxiety from trying to make myself be something I'm not. I do this way too often to try to be accepted. I realize I am much more comfortable being myself than I am trying to act like someone else.

Anyways, I'm rambling. But that is my reason for anxiety.

xXoblivionXx
June 7th, 2014, 07:07 AM
my anxiety? school. that's probably my biggest trigger but also thinking of my future. As weird as it may sound it can cause me to have a full blown panic attack, but what kind of life does a person live if they are afraid of the future?

Lost in the Echo
June 7th, 2014, 07:11 AM
I have pretty bad social anxiety, so I seem to get it most whenever I'm around a lot of people I don't know or don't know that well.

Caligari
June 10th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Wow ImCoolBeans it's so wonderful to know that an admin (as well as the rest of you guys) has anxiety like me, I'm not happy that you suffer from anxiety, it just makes me feel so much less alone!

Well mine is free-floating most of the time.
But there are some triggers like:
-social situations
-any of my many phobias (way too many to list)

I can also get panic attacks, but I haven't had a full-fledged panic attack in years cause I just take a Xanax (the 2mg. bars) if I feel one coming on

Personally benzodiazepines saved my life (the Valium category of drugs, like: Valium, Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, or any generic chemical name ending in -pam or -lam.
I take a Klonopin twice a day, and Xanax if I feel "breakthrough "anxiety

A lot of people get relief from the newer anti-depressants that are approved for anxiety too.
(like: Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Lexapro, Effexor, Cybalta, etc.)
These don't work for me, only benzos do the trick, doctors don't like writing prescriptions for them, because they can be addictive or abused, but they don't make me feel high, just normal.
First, when I was thirteen, I went to a clinic that has a very giood reputation.
A resident psychiatrist gave me Ativan then he switched me to Klonopin and they work as soon as you take the first pill and it started helping a lot and a social worker helped me with therapy, but then over 6 month later, the head children's psychiatrist saw me and insisted I was an addict, he said I tricked the resident into giving me pills and tricked the social worker into believing I had anxiety and he was gonna take me off the benzos. I found this insulting, cause if I wanted to get high I could just buy pot like some of my classmates.

So I just went to a private psychiatrist that I still see every 4 yearsvlater,week and he gives me all the meds I need and therapy.

So that's my anxiety in a (long) nutshell

carolinae
June 10th, 2014, 01:16 PM
being in a room/place with a few people makes me anxious because it makes it most likely for them to notice me, but being with tons of people also makes me anxious and breathless. i'm okay in a classroom (where there's about 20-30 people) unless the attention is on me, that gives me anxiety.

also meeting people.. that fear of being judged gets to me too often.

i just prefer being alone or being around people i feel comfortable with.