PDA

View Full Version : Eating makes me hate myself.

xMissMurderx
March 13th, 2014, 08:34 PM
I try to stick to foods like carrots and celery because of the low calories and I hate the taste so I don't eat much. Sometimes I have to pretend to eat other foods but mostly I push it around and then offer to do the dishes so no one will see how much food I'm throwing away. I don't know how to change this because I feel tons of guilt when I eat normal meals and it makes me want to throw up but I've never gone that far yet.

How can I get a healthier outlook on food? I don't want to be diagnosed with an eating disorder, my parents already think I do stuff for attention and I'm sure this would be the same thing.

Feraligatr
March 13th, 2014, 09:47 PM
You probably have an eating disorder. Are there any other foods you can eat?

Slenders Swagger
March 16th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Well try telling them about it. Tell them flat out it's not for attention and that you think you have a real problem and that you need help.

riolu
April 11th, 2014, 11:43 PM
hesus

PinkFloyd
April 12th, 2014, 12:09 AM
lol i got a warning on roblox for copyin this

Reviewed: 4/11/2014 11:42:47 PM

Moderator Note: Don't talk about inappropriate topics on ROBLOX.

Reason: Inappropriate
Offensive Item:
Subject: Eating makes me hate myself.| Body: I try to stick to foods like carrots and celery because of the low calories and I hate the taste so I don't eat much. Sometimes I have to pretend to eat other foods but mostly I push it around and then offer to do the dishes so no one will see how much food I'm throwing away. I don't know how to change this because I feel tons of guilt when I eat normal meals and it makes me want to throw up but I've never gone that far yet.

How can I get a healthier outlook on food? I don't want to be diagnosed with an eating disorder, my parents already think I do stuff for attention and I'm sure this would be the same thing.

Mod was most likely a 12 year old.

As for replying to OP, you need to get help. Tell your parents that you have a real problem that needs addressing. Good luck and I hope you get this resolved.

Haydenn3
April 15th, 2014, 07:08 PM
if going to the doctor before it gets worse is out then you need to try find and experiment with food and see what ones you can eat that make you feel happy

riolu
April 16th, 2014, 12:49 AM
weed

CharlieHorse
April 16th, 2014, 12:53 AM
Emily, I think you have an eating disorder.
It will be ok though, because you can overcome the challenge and be strong.
I suggest talking to a trusted adult about it. Perhaps even a therapist, as a trained psychologist will be able to properly diagnose the issues and help you in the way you need.
I also suggest you look through the ED section of VT for tips. Read other threads and you'll find what others have done to overcome the struggles.
<3
We're always here too :)

Body odah Man
April 20th, 2014, 05:38 AM
Sounds like an eating disorder. I wish you luck overcoming it

NeuroTiger
April 20th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Speak to your parents and seek counseling...;)

Bloo
April 21st, 2014, 10:45 PM
I understand the fact that you may be afraid, embarrassed or whatever else about telling you're parents about the fact you could possible have an eating disorder. There are a lot of people you can talk to for help, like a guidance councilor at your school, I'm pretty sure all public schools have them, they are trained in helping children with all sorts of problems from ADHD to drug abuse, and everything in between, they are also very understanding so if you asked them not to tell your parents, I'm sure they wouldn't, just ask for advice or tips on how to overcome it. It's not something unique to women or men, a lot of people have them, and it is nothing to be ashamed of, you shouldn't be hesitant on seeking help as not eating enough now can seriously effect your health in the long run, and it is worth getting help.

Star Wolf
April 21st, 2014, 10:56 PM
That does sound like an eating disorder. It would be good if you did some research.

It doesn't necessarily have to be your parents you tell, if you think they wont believe you. You can confide in another adult in your life, like another family member, or one of your teachers.