PDA

View Full Version : why do I feel like this?

americanviolet
March 13th, 2014, 02:05 AM
Sexual abuse is a really huge part in my family oddly enough I never even knew what was happening to me was wrong. I was like being trained to believe it was apart of life and you get used to it as you get older. Except I was never EVER into it whe I finally told someone it got brushed off as a no big deal thing. I know what was going on was wrong and I know it wasnt my fault but I feel like it was because Im the only one that remembers and that probably means I could have done something!? I dont know I just dont know why I feel like this.

Karkat
March 13th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Sexual abuse is NEVER your fault, and it's really awful that you just got brushed off like that.

What they did to you WAS wrong, and while you can technically 'get help', sometimes it isn't so easy, especially when you're young, ESPECIALLY when it's someone you're close to.

I was raped at 13, and I feel like by not being forthcoming about it, or by being in a relationship with the guy in the first place, that I deserve it sometimes. But I just have to keep telling myself that I was young, and I was vulnerable, and it wasn't my fault. I have to keep telling myself that it's HIS fault for attacking me, not my fault for being a young girl who got overpowered by someone who was an adult. (I didn't know this at the time, I was 13, and I thought he was 15 going on 16, not like 18/19 going on 19/20. I still don't know how old he is for sure.)

americanviolet
March 13th, 2014, 02:18 AM
Awwwww im sorry that happend to you :( your post made me feel sooooooooo much better and my phone is about to die so im glad I got to read it before then :D

Karkat
March 13th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Awwwww im sorry that happend to you :( your post made me feel sooooooooo much better and my phone is about to die so im glad I got to read it before then :D

I am too, but the past is the past, and I am a lot better today :) (almost four years later)

I'm glad I posted when I did then! :D