PDA

View Full Version : Guess a Diagnosis?

KillerKing
March 10th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Hey guys,

Just a quick one here. Recently, I've been under a lot of mental stress. Course work load, feelings of lonliness (Living away from Girlfriend. Have friends, but only see them about 30% of the time in a week, rest is spent by myself in my room), 0 motivation for anything, started self harming, varying level of mood (like, happy with people, but immediately drop to a depressed state when alone), feelings of worthlessness/whats the point? The list can go on. Anyway, recently I just had a complete break down. I don't know why! I just cried and yeah... won't go into details but I'm hoping someone with a bit of knowledge would know what I'm experiencing? It's happened before as well and I'm scared it'll happen again. It feels horrible. I don't want to talk to a professional, wouldn't know where to start for one, but I'm not ready to open up. Maybe that's a bad thing. But are these classic symptoms of something? I feel like I'm losing my mind and just wanted to know if someone had any input on this?

Thanks.

ksdnfkfr
March 10th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Sounds potentially like clinical depression, which is an illness, not a mood.
If you told all that to regular GP it could probably be diagnosed then and there.

JamesSuperBoy
March 10th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Ok - maybe you do not feel able to talk to a professional and it can be hard to even think about some help - but that is what you would be best to do.

Karkat
March 10th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Sounds potentially like clinical depression, which is an illness, not a mood.
If you told all that to regular GP it could probably be diagnosed then and there.

Agree with Ezra. It sounds like depression to me as well, however, I'm not a professional. Only a professional can tell you for sure.

Tarannosaurus
March 10th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Hey guys,

Just a quick one here. Recently, I've been under a lot of mental stress. Course work load, feelings of lonliness (Living away from Girlfriend. Have friends, but only see them about 30% of the time in a week, rest is spent by myself in my room), 0 motivation for anything, started self harming, varying level of mood (like, happy with people, but immediately drop to a depressed state when alone), feelings of worthlessness/whats the point? The list can go on. Anyway, recently I just had a complete break down. I don't know why! I just cried and yeah... won't go into details but I'm hoping someone with a bit of knowledge would know what I'm experiencing? It's happened before as well and I'm scared it'll happen again. It feels horrible. I don't want to talk to a professional, wouldn't know where to start for one, but I'm not ready to open up. Maybe that's a bad thing. But are these classic symptoms of something? I feel like I'm losing my mind and just wanted to know if someone had any input on this?

Thanks.

I think that guessing a diagnosis can actually be detrimental. The others are right when they say you really should consider going to a professional. There's nothing to be afraid of, they deal with this all the time and will take you seriously. Of course going to a professional is a very hard thing to do so it may take time before you're ready for that. It does sound like you have some kind of depression ( which around 50% of people get), but again only a professional can tell you for sure. You could try online cognitive behavioural therapy such as moodGYM (https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome) but it's only recommended for mild to moderate symptoms ( so if you think you're severe it's probably best not to). Also the graphics are a bit childish but it is useful. Hope this helps and good luck :)