PDA

View Full Version : Anorexia side-effect normal?

Rydar8
March 15th, 2018, 05:23 PM
So i have had anorexia for about a year and a half now,(and working on recovery don't worry). However, i have noticed one thing, as a male, i have not masturbated since the anorexia began about a year and a half ago. I haven't even felt the need to. I just have no sexual desires because of the anorexia. Is loss of sexual feelings a common trait with Anorexia? I don't want to ask anyone because i'm a guy and that is just a little weird for me and everyone involved.
Anyone know anything? Thanks!

Dalcourt
March 16th, 2018, 07:45 PM
I have been battling with eating disorders for quite some time in my life and my therapist told me that loss of libido can be part of anorexia.
I have been told that by some girls I met during therapy, too.
Since I am bipolar my libido changes with my mood I can't say if this is true for me...but since I heard it before I guess there's some truth in it.

MichaelSmith3579
April 22nd, 2018, 02:02 PM
That's the same with me, I was anorexic for a time (now turned into binge eat disorder) and I didn't masturbate at all for like 3 months and I didn't have any sexual feelings whatsoever. Then when I started eating more again I started to masturbate again