PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

Trxsta
February 27th, 2018, 06:51 PM
I know this may be due to my depression but I haven't really been eating. The past couple of days my teacher has bought me breakfast because I just won't eat it. She has to force me to go for lunch and half the time i don't eat it until at least an hour after lunch has ended. Also half the time I just won't eat at home. I'm overweight so most people seem to think it's because of that but it's not

Ilove318
March 17th, 2018, 12:22 AM
Hi Trxsta,
Don't take this personally, but no, don't believe that's normal. It may possibly be an effect of your depression. Have you been going to therapy or having medication for it? If not, now might be the time to start. Do your parents know about your depression? If not, even though it will be very hard, you should tell them.

This teacher you have mentioned seems to have noticed, and if you feel comfortable doing so, maybe you can confide in him/her.

But please don't starve yourself. You are a beautiful person no matter how you look.

Also, I can understand how you feel because I am also going through something similar. My parents don't believe I'm that depressed, even though I tried to commit suicide once already. I hope your parents can understand your situation.

Best of luck!

RyanIsGay24
March 17th, 2018, 05:11 AM
I would recommend seeing a doctor, maybe. I struggle with depression too but for me it makes me eat more. I don't know a lot about eating disorders but I don't think that's it. I would consult a professional

Bleppo
March 22nd, 2018, 06:29 PM
My best friend had this exact thing, theyve been dealing with a lotta problems at home and sufferering from depression and anxiety. This all built up to a point where they stopped eating as much and lost weight rapidly but after consulting a doctor for a while they regained their appetite and almost sprung back to normal. So from experience id say seeking a doctors help is the best option