PDA

View Full Version : Gender Euphoria

Karkat
March 7th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Alright, so first off, I am bigender. (For those of you who don't know already. :P )

Something you might not know (as it's more of a recent personal revelation) is that I felt I was trans when I was young. I never felt comfortable with my body then. I had a hard time trying to be a girl.

But once I got towards the end of puberty, I had a hard time posing as a boy. So I would constantly make sure I was wearing figure-flattering clothes, lots of jewelry and makeup. I felt like no one would take me seriously as a boy, so I had to be as girly as I could be.

Recently, I've tried posing as a boy. But it didn't really work. My hair was too long, and I just looked strange. I wanted so badly to get a haircut, so I'd feel more androgynous as a whole. And aside from that, the one picture I felt I looked like a boy in, everyone told me "nah, you still look female." (Trying to be helpful, I'm sure, but it was still a downer.) I had short hair in that picture. I felt like getting a haircut would never help, and that I'd just have to take feeling the way I did forever.

But then, I took the leap. I got my hair cut and dyed. I dressed up as a boy one day, to try it out. It felt good. I took a couple pictures, and posted them on Facebook a few days later.

The comments I received made me feel AMAZING. I got tons of (positive) comments saying that I looked like a boy from friends who don't know. One of my best friends said I look like his twin now. (I don't think he was just being nice, I think he was serious, which is kinda funny. XD)

So the next day, I posed as a boy again, and yet again, it felt perfect. I posted more pictures, and one of my other best friends (who knows) said that he genuinely thought the pictures were of a guy.

My boyfriend even ended up calling me his "sexy guy" :wub: <3

I've gotten so much confidence from all of this. I finally feel like I can portray myself as who I want to be, and not just whom I'm expected to be, and that's wonderful.

I'm still unsure as to whether or not to come out, but regardless, this has been great for me. I used to have so much gender dysphoria- now I have gender euphoria! (Corny tie in is corny.)

Tarannosaurus
March 7th, 2014, 03:39 PM
This is a wonderful story! Often the 'T' part of LGBT is forgotten about or marginalised, and it's great to see a positive bigender story, glad things are working out for you :)

MechaSniper
March 7th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Awesome and good for you. You are incredible myfriend. hope we can chat sometime.

Croconaw
March 7th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I'm so happy for you! Thanks for sharing.

Karkat
March 7th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Thank you guys so much! :) I actually ended up coming out to everyone on Facebook today, and everyone's been really supportive and great. It feels nice to finally not have to hide who I am.

Miserabilia
March 7th, 2014, 05:37 PM
That's so good for you! :)
Made me happy reading that.

Ethe14
March 7th, 2014, 05:48 PM
That's great for you!

Karkat
March 7th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Thanks guys X3

Synyster Shadows
March 7th, 2014, 08:29 PM
That is really, really great! I'm glad to hear it, and that people are supportive of you! :)

ninja789
March 8th, 2014, 05:05 AM
amazing :)

Karkat
March 10th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks guys c: