PDA

View Full Version : Realizing my anxiety

Tony X
March 4th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Hi, Tony here.

A little background to reason why i'm writing this post is because i grew up as a kid with the best friend in the world. he was really the best friend i could ever have but he was also the worst friend. this was until the 6th grade. after 6th grade i had to move to the U.S. to a whole different world. After about a month living there i get hacked in facebook and my status is "I like boys". and it was my best friend who did it. Obviously it hurts because im closeted Gay and will never come out of the closet. but i dont care about what he said. im hurt because of him, i have never trusted anybody ever after that, i've been paranoid ever since, and have had social anxiety.

i never really thought about it until today. i was reading this thing on how to avoid being paranoid and i read "think about something in your childhood that could of triggerd thoughts like this, think about experiences with friends or family"

and i've now realized it. i've been anxious, depressed, paranoid because of the worst friend i could ever have. today i have a couple of "school friends" i dont hang out with anybody outside of school.

i just really needed to get this off my chest. realizing that for the best 4 years i never believed in trust with friends because of what my best friend did to me in 6 th grade..

i dont know what im looking for in your answers and opinions i guess i just needed to tell somebody. im really alone :(

imthomas
April 10th, 2014, 08:16 PM
We're here for you dude. Message me if you want to talk

Miserabilia
April 17th, 2014, 04:35 AM
That's a really sad story ):
I think the only way you can help yourself is to accept who you are and maybe even come out

laurakitty
April 17th, 2014, 04:57 AM
You could always talk to likr a help line

Paul Koppel
April 28th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Really sad to hear your story
People with social anxiety feel quite nervous and embarrassed. Feels uncomfortable to interact with others. Spend sometime in the public, and don't think that you are not perfect, actually no one is perfect. Project on your perfections, by leaving all the imperfections. Try to avoid alcohol and drugs which will helps to get out of these anxiety feelings. I hope these ways can help you to come out of the social anxiety feelings.