PDA

View Full Version : Below average weight.

InternetTeen
November 3rd, 2017, 03:31 PM
I'm 13 year old boy. I'm 5'3 or 5'4 but i only weigh 6.5 stone, just over 40kg but i'm one of the skinniest kids in my class. I eat 3 meals a day and often snack during the day. I recently grew quite a few inches. I can't put weight no matter how much i eat. Am i below average and am i unhealthy? Are there any tips to getting a bit of weight. Thanks!

nebula
November 3rd, 2017, 03:46 PM
One of my 17 year old female friends is exactly like you: she's thin, yet still eats the same as me or even more. You might just have a really fast metabolism through your genetics if your family is the same, ask your parents if they were the same when they were your age.

Have you always been like this? If so, it's most likely very normal.
Has this only become a recent occurrence? Get checked at the doctors.

Here is a useful website by the Mayo Clinic about healthily gaining weight: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/underweight/faq-20058429

Jinglebottom
November 3rd, 2017, 03:48 PM
I get you, I'm 16, 5'6, and weigh 42 kg. It's ridiculous, I know, especially considering I eat a bit more than the average person my age does. Putting on weight for me is extremely hard, but it's also easy for me to get thinner. I actually went from 43 to 41 kg earlier in the year because I got sick and barely ate anything for a few days. So yeah, it sucks lol. I wouldn't say it's unhealthy, I mean, I have 0 health problems due to my weight but I would say we are below average.

BlackParadePixie
November 3rd, 2017, 05:12 PM
you probably have a high metabolism. Perhaps you could look into strength training and lifting, to add some muscle weight. Also, eating foods high in carbs and fats wouldn't hurt, if you're wanting to get to a more regular weight.