PDA

View Full Version : Height

pyr0
October 4th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Hello guys :) I hope you will understand what i am meaning with this , i suck at explaining things in english :(

I am 14 year old male, i will turn 15 soon. My height is 178cm *I think it's 5'10 in feet... I know , that's alot for guy in my age , i know that...
My friend turned 15 few days ago , he is 184cm tall, and that is making me kindof jealous... Basically, he's parents aren't tall , mom is about 165cm and dad between 179cm. My mom is 176cm tall and dad 178cm tall, like me. Exacly 1 year ago we had height&weight measurements at school. past year he was 180cm while me - 176cm. He grew 4cm taller while me only 2 :confused:

I watched some things about height durning teenage and researched that my fault of growing slower than him could be :
1)Sleeping only 5 hours , while recommended is 8
2)Eating kindof unhelathy food (i usually eat cooked frozen food bought in shop)
3)Not getting the vitamin D (most of summer i spent in house... I don't have alot of friends to play with... :( )

Sooo , then i tought that i could make a small experiment :
One month , going to sleep early so i sleep like 8-9 hours ,Eating much healthier, doing some Stretching alot(im sceptic of stretching method but i will try it anyways) Basically, do best healthy stuff for my health.

What do you guys think, Is this only waste of time or interesting experiment to find out am i right ???

BTW, Thank you so much if you read all this huge text ! :)

jamie_n5
October 4th, 2017, 12:06 PM
I think that you will probably grow some more regardless of what you do. You should though get a good nights sleep and eat healthy meals all the time. I would also suggest that you buy and take a good multivitamin every day. That should help you too.

ska8er
October 4th, 2017, 01:30 PM
It wouldn't hurt for u to do the things
that u mentioned but ur only 14 and u
probably will grow a bit or a lot more if
u only wait and c.

bonbon
October 4th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Having a healthy life is good. Just don't expect it to make a big difference in heig. Your height will mostly be determined by your genetics. I've never heard that eating cooked frozen food was bad. Lots of people lack vitamin D in Northern Europe and America.

There is nothing you should be worried about btw. Your height is plain boring average for a full grown man. And it is possible you'll gain some cm more in the next few years. My school mates are all of the same age range as you, and more than half aren't as tall or taller than you.

At best, your experiment will give you more energy and will prevent you for becoming obese. But making you taller? Nah, don't count on that.

noah.whynot
October 5th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Well I'm not sure if you'll be able to prove anything, but being healthier is going to be good for you no matter what.