PDA

View Full Version : A Man Stabbed A Police Officer and Hit Pedestrians With A U-Haul

mattsmith48
October 1st, 2017, 11:20 AM
Good news is no one was killed, the only thing we know on the suspect is that hes a 30 year old man, racists call him a Islamic terrorists or as Donald Trump puts it, waiting for the facts.

A man who stabbed a police officer with a knife and deliberately plowed into pedestrians on Edmonton's busiest downtown strip is being investigated for "acts of terrorism," police said at a news conference early Sunday.

A 30-year-old man is in custody following a high-speed chase just before midnight through streets filled with bar patrons and football fans. The chase ended only after a white U-Haul van the man was driving struck four pedestrians and flipped on its side.

"We believe the individual acted alone," Edmonton police Chief Rod Knecht said early Sunday, adding that police would investigate the possible involvement of others.

Knecht confirmed that a black ISIS flag was seized from a car where the police officer was attacked. The officer was not critically injured. The condition of the four pedestrians is not known.

"Based on evidence at the scenes and the actions of the suspect ... it was determined that these incidents are being investigated as acts of terrorism," Knecht said.

The first attack happened at about 8:15 p.m. Saturday near Commonwealth Stadium, where an officer was working traffic control for a CFL game.

Knecht said the officer was standing behind a barricade when a Chevrolet Malibu crashed into it, hit the officer and sent him flying 4.5 metres into the air.

"A male believed to be 30 years old then jumped out of his vehicle and viciously attacked the Edmonton Police Service member with a knife," Knecht said. "A struggle then ensued, during which the male suspect stabbed the officer several times before fleeing the scene on foot, northbound down 92nd Street.

The officer was taken to hospital, but his injuries are not critical.

At around 10 p.m., police told a news conference that a manhunt was underway, but there was no threat to the public.

Just before midnight, a white U-Haul van was pulled over at a Checkstop on the north side of town. When a police officer checked the driver's name, he recognized it as being similar to the name of the registered owner of the car that had struck the officer at Commonwealth Stadium...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/jasper-downtown-edmonton-pedestrians-struck-1.4315545

ShineintheDark
October 1st, 2017, 02:45 PM
I'm a feverish anti-Trump person but in this is strikingly similar to previous terror atrtacks. I just hope no one is hurt in this.

Sword of the morning
October 1st, 2017, 04:06 PM
This is horibal and I hope everyone lives. I do think this was a lone wolf isis attack. He had a isis flag when all of this happened. I personally don't see what this has to with Trump.

mattsmith48
October 1st, 2017, 04:24 PM
I'm a feverish anti-Trump person but in this is strikingly similar to previous terror atrtacks. I just hope no one is hurt in this.

Similar attacks have been carried out by a lot terrorists from different groups and ideology, ISIS sympathizer, white supremacist, racists etc.

This is horibal and I hope everyone lives. I do think this was a lone wolf isis attack. He had a isis flag when all of this happened. I personally don't see what this has to with Trump.

Trump is just the first person you think of when you see racists overreacting to attacks like this.

Babs
October 1st, 2017, 05:41 PM
if they found an isis flag, why would it be racist to call him an islamic terrorist? seems like a fair assumption. also how do you overreact to a terrorism? why victimize a violent terrorist? i have so many questions.

Sword of the morning
October 1st, 2017, 06:00 PM
Trump is just the first person you think of when you see racists overreacting to attacks like this.

You mentioned Trump not me. But i don't see how this I a race problem this is just a simple case of liberals defending horrible people. I don't lie it happens one both sides. But this does need to be treated as it is a attack on American ideals

mattsmith48
October 1st, 2017, 06:47 PM
if they found an isis flag, why would it be racist to call him an islamic terrorist? seems like a fair assumption. also how do you overreact to a terrorism? why victimize a violent terrorist? i have so many questions.

The fact there was a ISIS flag with him in the truck doesn't prove he is Muslim he might just be a ISIS sympathizer. As to how someone overreact to terrorism? Mostly going on rants, blaming an entire religion and refugees before we even know who did it or why.

You mentioned Trump not me. But i don't see how this I a race problem this is just a simple case of liberals defending horrible people. I don't lie it happens one both sides.

I'm not defending anyone I'm just saying wait to get all the information before blaming people.

But this does need to be treated as it is a attack on American ideals

You know it didn't happen in America right?

Babs
October 1st, 2017, 08:31 PM
The fact there was a ISIS flag with him in the truck doesn't prove he is Muslim he might just be a ISIS sympathizer. As to how someone overreact to terrorism? Mostly going on rants, blaming an entire religion and refugees before we even know who did it or why.

are we really gonna split hairs here tho? ISIS itself relies heavily if not entirely on ISIS sympathizers. it's not like there's a Captain ISIS that gives out all the orders to the agents like J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI. anyone can do any kinda crazy shit and "they" will take credit because that's how a fearmongering pseudo-organization like that works. whether it was "the" ISIS or a lone wolf ISIS sympathizer is irrelevant, it's all the same thing: islamic terrorism, terrorism done for the sake of Islam or ISIS.

i agree that trump is a rash speaker who says some really regrettable shit; the man's an imbecile. but it's ridiculous to try to shield a literal terrorist from mild islamophobia. if the perpetrator was all that concerned with racial/religious profiling he wouldn't have ran people down with a vehicle while brandishing an ISIS flag. i think the point of the flag was so that people recognize him as a muslim or ISIS sympathizer. you're so full of shit your eyes are brown.

it's true that most muslims are not terrorists, most of them are good innocent people who don't deserve to be lumped in with Osama bin Laden. but it's stupid to imply that the religion of islam doesn't have a lot to do with the amount of terrorism within the last 2ish decades. every religion goes through a period of radicalization and violence; the christians had the crusades, islam has this fuckshow.

Sword of the morning
October 1st, 2017, 09:29 PM

I'm not defending anyone I'm just saying wait to get all the information before blaming people.

You know it didn't happen in America right?

Probably should have phrased that better. The ideals i was talking about was equality and freedom western ideals. I do know it didn't happen In America it's just a genral phrasing I use. But i don't know what more information you need. I. Person has a Nazi flag and stabs somebody there a Nazi but if a guy stabs somebody and has a isis flag they support isis. Not all Muslims are bad most are good but I think this guy is isis supporter. 90 percent of isis attacks outside the middle East are lone wolf attacks.

mattsmith48
October 2nd, 2017, 11:08 AM
are we really gonna split hairs here tho? ISIS itself relies heavily if not entirely on ISIS sympathizers. it's not like there's a Captain ISIS that gives out all the orders to the agents like J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI. anyone can do any kinda crazy shit and "they" will take credit because that's how a fearmongering pseudo-organization like that works. whether it was "the" ISIS or a lone wolf ISIS sympathizer is irrelevant, it's all the same thing: islamic terrorism, terrorism done for the sake of Islam or ISIS.

i agree that trump is a rash speaker who says some really regrettable shit; the man's an imbecile. but it's ridiculous to try to shield a literal terrorist from mild islamophobia. if the perpetrator was all that concerned with racial/religious profiling he wouldn't have ran people down with a vehicle while brandishing an ISIS flag. i think the point of the flag was so that people recognize him as a muslim or ISIS sympathizer. you're so full of shit your eyes are brown.

it's true that most muslims are not terrorists, most of them are good innocent people who don't deserve to be lumped in with Osama bin Laden. but it's stupid to imply that the religion of islam doesn't have a lot to do with the amount of terrorism within the last 2ish decades. every religion goes through a period of radicalization and violence; the christians had the crusades, islam has this fuckshow.

All religions had their bad times because they are all the same with the exception of a few details like what is the day of worship or what is God's position on circumcision

Probably should have phrased that better. The ideals i was talking about was equality and freedom western ideals. I do know it didn't happen In America it's just a genral phrasing I use. But i don't know what more information you need. I. Person has a Nazi flag and stabs somebody there a Nazi but if a guy stabs somebody and has a isis flag they support isis. Not all Muslims are bad most are good but I think this guy is isis supporter. 90 percent of isis attacks outside the middle East are lone wolf attacks.

What I am saying is its not because he had a ISIS flag that he is a Muslim, he might just be a supporter. Attacks have been carried out by ISIS supporters in the past who weren't non-practicing Muslim or of a different religion. If you look at what happen in Vegas last night, ISIS as claimed responsibility for the terrorist attack, if you only have that information, racists might just go on a rant about Muslims and refugees, without knowing the guy who did it is a 64 year old white guy named Stephen Paddock, not really a Muslim name. On the opposite side it would be easy to blame the US's weak gun control laws and politicians who passed them for the shooting in Las Vegas, but we still don't know how he got the gun. Wait for all the facts before putting the blame on someone.

Babs
October 2nd, 2017, 03:32 PM
All religions had their bad times because they are all the same with the exception of a few details like what is the day of worship or what is God's position on circumcision

your point being?

Sword of the morning
October 2nd, 2017, 09:15 PM

What I am saying is its not because he had a ISIS flag that he is a Muslim, he might just be a supporter. Attacks have been carried out by ISIS supporters in the past who weren't non-practicing Muslim or of a different religion. If you look at what happen in Vegas last night, ISIS as claimed responsibility for the terrorist attack, if you only have that information, racists might just go on a rant about Muslims and refugees, without knowing the guy who did it is a 64 year old white guy named Stephen Paddock, not really a Muslim name. On the opposite side it would be easy to blame the US's weak gun control laws and politicians who passed them for the shooting in Las Vegas, but we still don't know how he got the gun. Wait for all the facts before putting the blame on someone.

Isis founded by Muslims for thought of killing and converting non bealivers. Now being Muslim is believing in Muslim beliefs. Being Muslims does not depend on race and is not a race problem it is a problem with beliefs on others. This should would be treated not with defense but with offense on stopping this from happening in the future. We have to stop defending beliefs that are violent. Not Muslims are bad but extremist are horribal

mattsmith48
October 2nd, 2017, 11:19 PM
your point being?

Always good to point it out.