PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks of Some Sort?

Danieldv77
September 30th, 2017, 04:26 AM
I know this is fairly mundane compared to the other things on this list, but I have these short episodes where everything just goes "Fuzzy", including sight, and I lose fine control of motor functions. Of course, during these things, I can keep standing, and continue whatever activity I was currently doing, but my body's control during these spells feels 'weighted?', in a sense. My control returns to normal fairly quickly, but a headache can ensue after. I know it's not a seizure or mini-seizure, as I have had multiple MRIs done to test it. I've just jotted it down as a panic attack, seeing as it has a bit of the symptoms of said attacks, but it seems to be much shorter than the conventional attack, and lacks quite a few of the other symptoms. Any sort of insight that anyone might have as to what this is?

BlackBike9
September 30th, 2017, 07:38 AM
I have panic attacks.But, whatever you want to ask me, I'm available :)

Mars
September 30th, 2017, 07:55 AM
This doesn't sound like a panic attack. It kind of sounds like a blackout or idek? like you should tell a doctor your symptoms if you haven't already, if you're blacking out and losing motor functions then it could be something really serious like a stroke or smth

Danieldv77
October 2nd, 2017, 02:58 AM
I have checked for a reason as to why this occurs, told doctors exactly what was going on, and the results have been rather inconclusive as to why it happens or what it is. All I know is that said events aren't seizures or strokes, just some random attack, possibly related to a panic attack. Even doctors aren't sure of the cause, as catching me during one of these is next to impossible, being that it occurs randomly and without warning. Point is, tests have been ran, and no conclusion has been drawn.

Mars
October 2nd, 2017, 06:51 AM
I have checked for a reason as to why this occurs, told doctors exactly what was going on, and the results have been rather inconclusive as to why it happens or what it is. All I know is that said events aren't seizures or strokes, just some random attack, possibly related to a panic attack. Even doctors aren't sure of the cause, as catching me during one of these is next to impossible, being that it occurs randomly and without warning. Point is, tests have been ran, and no conclusion has been drawn.

Sorry to hear, but I hope whatever it is, it isn't harmful or too serious ! Hope you find out soon

jamie_n5
October 5th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Sorry man. Do you feel that there is something that you do that brings on these episodes?

CharlesB
October 10th, 2017, 02:26 PM
i have some kind of similar thing. my heart races i sweat alot i feel dizzy etc

was diagnosed as some form of panic attacks :/

sounds similar

Danieldv77
October 11th, 2017, 10:31 PM
They just happen at random, though i've narrowed it down to either panic attacks or mini-strokes. Just an odd occurrence that runs in the family, resembles a stroke but causes no lasting damage.

KatieCO2003
October 13th, 2017, 11:49 PM
Funny how they manifest themselves. I have a soldier friend who goes completely numb, kinda like you described. Mine usually manifest as extreme nervousness and iritability, or else nightmares that end with me waking up screaming in terror.

sazzzo
October 14th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Funny how they manifest themselves. I have a soldier friend who goes completely numb, kinda like you described. Mine usually manifest as extreme nervousness and iritability, or else nightmares that end with me waking up screaming in terror.

I don't get panic attacks but I do sometimes get nightmares and waking up from them is horrible.