PDA

View Full Version : Falling in Love with a Best Friend

Ineedyou
September 29th, 2017, 09:36 PM
I'm 18 and bi, 2 years ago I met a boy and we connected instantly. We grew very close very fast, and we've both opened up to each other about a lot of things we trust no one else with. It's only been two years but I feel like i've known him my 10 years. Our mutual friends call us butt buddies and all the stuff and it's been great, but recently (a couple of months) i've gained a crush on him. I've tried so hard to keep him strictly as a friend, but I just can't. I can't control my emotions and I don't want to ruin our friendship. Sidenote, I've told him I'm bi. It's also killing me now because he's getting girlfriends and I just get really jealous. I know i probably should just let him go, but I can't when I literally talk to him everyday. He's got me through so much. I don't know what to do.

Just JT
September 29th, 2017, 10:38 PM
That's a hard place to be bro. And it's also a good place to be. Most guys don't end up with a best like that. Gay straight or bi.

The hardest thing is getting past that. If he's really that great of a friend, if you really love him that much, you'll see he's not into you in that way (maybe) and just learn to be happy for him. That's what it's all about right?

You do want the best for him and for him to be happy right?

Ineedyou
September 30th, 2017, 09:42 PM
That's a hard place to be bro. And it's also a good place to be. Most guys don't end up with a best like that. Gay straight or bi.

The hardest thing is getting past that. If he's really that great of a friend, if you really love him that much, you'll see he's not into you in that way (maybe) and just learn to be happy for him. That's what it's all about right?

You do want the best for him and for him to be happy right?

I for sure want him to be happy, but it's just torture being so close to someone, but never being able to be anything more.

mick01
September 30th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Ah, brother, I've been there. Let him be who he is. A straight boy who likes girls. Slowly, let go of the fantasy that you and him will be something. And before you know it, like me, you'll ask yourself wtf, why was I into him? He's not all that.

Jamiec1130
October 2nd, 2017, 02:58 PM
I've been there. It's up to you if you want to tell him how you feel or not. I would personally advise against doing so though.

jamie_n5
October 5th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Sadly enough you need to let him go. He is straight and only wants to date and be sexually involved with girls. I know it's tough man but you have to let those feelings go for your friendship. You are going to find too that when he finds a girlfriend and is in a relationship that he will spend more time with her than he does with you. That is natural so prepare yourself for that also. I was so lucky my best friend of 16 years is now my boyfriend. It doesn't work out that way for many. I hope you will be strong and get through this.

NewLeafsFan
October 11th, 2017, 12:15 AM
I usually tell people that are friends with people they have feelings for to take a huge step back until these feelings are for a different person. I don't think that you should do that because your such good friends. I wish I had a friend that close.

My best advice is to try to date other people and hopefully get feelings for someone else and move on. Keep this friend though. But only as a friend.

EthanK
October 16th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Tough situation bro

Nnoki
October 16th, 2017, 08:20 AM
I think at least 90% of bi/gay people have been there, I was and "moved on", then i met this guy that changed my world (he is my best friend), and he still doesn't know i'm bi, it is torture, i know it, but you just have to live with that and try to move on

azurzg
October 16th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Tough situation bro

Indeed.

I think at least 90% of bi/gay people have been there, I was and "moved on", then i met this guy that changed my world (he is my best friend), and he still doesn't know i'm bi, it is torture, i know it, but you just have to live with that and try to move on

Yup. Been there myself.