PDA

View Full Version : Urgent.. should I end our 2 year + relationship

mcdaniels
September 28th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Hey everyone,
I've been with my girlfriend for over two years now, been through the passing of my mam together, many more, but recently more than ever I can't help but think would I be better off alone with my friends

I started college and love my classmates and all, love going out partying, but she's two years behind me in school although only one year younger than me.

Recently I dunno I guess I've felt bored. Like I feel myself looking at other women and thinking wow, and imagining myself if I was single. But then my girlfriend, despite her moodyness, stress, etc is still one of he chest people I know and I feel if I broke up with her she would have nothing left. Her friends are assholes and I feel like I'm all she has. Her family are also lovely too..

I just find it so difficult to imagine if id be happier alone or being her boyfriend. I don't know what I want most and what will make me happier.
And if I was to break up with her, what would be the best way to do it

Uniquemind
September 28th, 2017, 09:19 PM
There is no real best way of breaking up.

It sounds like you feel distant and if you want to break up that's one of those things where you do that face to face in a somewhat safe environment preferably close to her home, because most likely she will want to retreat to a safe space to mourn the relationship's loss.

jamie_n5
September 29th, 2017, 02:04 PM
A break up of a relationship is hard. There is no easy way to do it. It is not unusual for people to have a few relationships before they find the right mate. You are right in thinking too. Your college years are when you can explore and be free to meet all kinds of people and enjoy life with friends you meet. So follow your heart and if you do break up just be direct and tell her you care for her as a friend but just want to be free now to explore the adventures of college life.