PDA

View Full Version : Dyspraxia

Scarydrago
September 27th, 2017, 10:58 AM
So im dyspraxic (Developmental co-ordination disorder (DCD), also known as dyspraxia, is a condition affecting physical co-ordination that causes a child to perform less well than expected in daily activities for his or her age, and appear to move clumsily.) and my brain processes things 8x slower and my muscles cant flex as much, i have the worse type of it. So i wanna know if any of you have it too.

Endeavour
September 27th, 2017, 11:03 AM
My doctor thinks I have it, but I'm pretty sure I've never been formally diagnosed with it. I've always had problems with motor skills and stuff like that, it's a lot better now compared to when I was younger but you can still tell that my motor skills aren't quite up to scratch.

Scarydrago
September 27th, 2017, 11:06 AM
My doctor thinks I have it, but I'm pretty sure I've never been formally diagnosed with it. I've always had problems with motor skills and stuff like that, it's a lot better now compared to when I was younger but you can still tell that my motor skills aren't quite up to scratch.

Thats the same with me I have improved but i've been using a laptop in school because im a little slow at writing.

Vermilion
September 27th, 2017, 11:39 AM
So im dyspraxic (Developmental co-ordination disorder (DCD), also known as dyspraxia, is a condition affecting physical co-ordination that causes a child to perform less well than expected in daily activities for his or her age, and appear to move clumsily.) and my brain processes things 8x slower and my muscles cant flex as much, i have the worse type of it. So i wanna know if any of you have it too.

I'm have / had verbal dyspraxia so Trying to understand what I was saying as kid even up to 12 was hard for people. Because of not being able to pounce the word's it lead to reading and spelling being a nightmare. I can read now but my spelling is piss poor. But many years of speech therapy has helped. But still I had support staff all my time in education , be it them reading or scribbling for me at times.

Scarydrago
September 27th, 2017, 11:46 AM
I'm have / had verbal dyspraxia so Trying to understand what I was saying as kid even up to 12 was hard for people. Because of not being able to pounce the word's it lead to reading and spelling being a nightmare. I can read now but my spelling is piss poor. But many years of speech therapy has helped. But still I had support staff all my time in education , be it them reading or scribbling for me at times.

Same with me my verbal skills is quite bad

Vermilion
September 27th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Same with me my verbal skills is quite bad

Do you get bullied for it ? I know I did

Scarydrago
September 27th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Do you get bullied for it ? I know I did

I wouldn't call it bullying but its more like teasing and the muscle part was worse now a lot of people know about it.