PDA

View Full Version : Sibling Sexuality Support

SeansLittleBro
September 26th, 2017, 07:05 PM
For those of you who are gay or bi do you have the support of your sibling(s)? Do they know you are gay/bi or have you kept it a secret from even them?

I am a twin and my brother (s) are very supportive of my sexual orientation, but then I'm in a unique position as we are all bi or gay. If I were straight I would hope I could support my brothers and would like to know if the sibling attachment if more understanding than the general population.

noah.whynot
September 26th, 2017, 09:04 PM
I'm gay and my younger brother is totally supportive, or as supportive as a not quite 13yo can be. He accepts who I am and doesn't treat me any different for it, and that means the world to me.

Mars
September 26th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Puberty for Boys :arrow: Teen Sexuality and Gender

This is better suited here

mick01
September 27th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Both of my brothers know that I am bi. I told my older brother a while back and he's has been incredibly supportive. I can tell him anything. And usually do.

Jinglebottom
September 27th, 2017, 09:43 AM
My sister is okay with it.

nebula
September 27th, 2017, 09:46 AM
My sister guessed that I was gay when my mum told her. So I guess she's fine with it.

My younger brother isn't able to physically comprehend sexuality, so hopefully he'll be fine with it when he grows.

Mars
September 27th, 2017, 12:08 PM
I haven't literally told my brother I'm bi. But he knows I've had crushes on girls before and I've mentioned stuff like "oh she's pretty" or "10/10 would smash", so he already knows. He's supportive I guess? But he doesn't treat me different or anything so idk. He doesn't really care I guess Lol

jamie_n5
September 27th, 2017, 12:41 PM
My sister knew I was gay a long time before I told my parents. We have always been very close and supportive of each other.

Babs
September 27th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Sexual orientation is not a big deal in my family. I'm bi and so are three of my siblings, no one has ever made it a point to be either supportive or not because my family just doesn't care.

When my older sister first came out to my parents around a decade ago my dad wasn't thrilled because he used to be more conservative than he is now. But these days I could bring a mare to thanksgiving dinner and call it my wife and no one would be fazed by it.

Jamiec1130
September 28th, 2017, 04:07 PM
I don't have any siblings, but my two closest friends (who are close enough to be brothers to me) are completely supportive of me. Mind you, one's bi himself, but the other is straight.

azurzg
October 6th, 2017, 09:33 AM
My (older) brother is weird about it. We just avoid the topic.