PDA

View Full Version : No result

skittlesh
September 26th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Iíve been working out for about two weeks now and eating better and Iím trying to put on muscle while loosing weight I follow a plan that works for all my fitness buddies and appears to be the basic plan for lifting weights I donít work out loads but itís far more than I used to and Iím expecting something I get itís a slow process but Iím a resulted oreintated person and without results Iíll soon give up Iím not getting bigger or stronger or loosing any fat Iíve still got a chubby stomach and tiny arms shouldnít I notice an improvement in how much I can lift and how far I can run cycle row ???

Living For Love
September 26th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but you won't get results in two weeks, probably not even in two months if you haver never followed a work/diet plan before. This stuff takes time, and you need to let your body adapt to its new routine. I'm also not sure what plan are you following (hypertrophy, endurance, strength...), nor how many times are you training per week, but all that also has an influence on how fast you'll see the results. And trust me, the results will come and you'll notice them, you just need to be patient.

Mars
September 26th, 2017, 06:41 PM
You can't build muscle while losing fat. That isn't how it works. Fat is lost in the kitchen and during hard cardio, which you should probably hit more days out of the week than strength training. Also, like Tiago said, you're not going to see results in just two weeks. I'm finally seeing results after months of hard work and pushing myself.

My recommendation if you want to lose fat:
Eat clean. Drink lots of water (stay hydrated), sleep well, and your schedule should look something like this

2 days hard cardio, 3 days light cardio, 1 day strength training (try to hit maybe 2 muscle groups each week, for example: core and upper, core and lower, lower and back, etc etc), and then one rest or cheat day.

When you start strength training, depending what and how hard you want to work out, I'd recommend 2-4 days of strength training and 1 day cardio

Hollywood
September 26th, 2017, 11:03 PM
Any real results are going to take months, not weeks, to notice. That's pretty much the standard. If you can't commit to it any longer than a few weeks, you'll never get the results that you desire. If you aren't already working out with your fitness friends, I would definitely recommend starting to do so. It's a lot harder to let yourself quit when you're surrounded by people who won't let you, or will give you crap if you do.

skittlesh
September 29th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Okay I think one of my problems is I’m going to the gym with no real plan like cardio wise why should I do at they gym?

Living For Love
September 29th, 2017, 01:24 PM
You should always do cardio at the gym, even if you're not planning on losing weight. Try the treadmill, the elliptical, the rowing machine or the spin bike, any decent gym should have all those available.

noah.whynot
September 29th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I think 2 weeks is unrealistic to expect any real results. But stick with it, if you keep doing what you're doing you will see results, just be a little patient, you'll be glad you did.

DarkKnight16
October 5th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Man, I have been lifting weights for about 2 years now, and nowI've actually seen some progress and got compliments from people. All I got to say is to stick to your plan, and keep going. You will see some progress.

Harrier
November 10th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Iíve been working out for about two weeks now and eating better and Iím trying to put on muscle while loosing weight I follow a plan that works for all my fitness buddies and appears to be the basic plan for lifting weights I donít work out loads but itís far more than I used to and Iím expecting something I get itís a slow process but Iím a resulted oreintated person and without results Iíll soon give up Iím not getting bigger or stronger or loosing any fat Iíve still got a chubby stomach and tiny arms shouldnít I notice an improvement in how much I can lift and how far I can run cycle row ???

Update?

I would do a form of cardio every day. And I would do core/abs every day. i would lift every other day. Does that help? i can be a bit more specific if you need me to.

But ya, go in with a plan. And be consistent.