PDA

View Full Version : Why so many cut

skittlesh
September 26th, 2017, 03:49 PM
On this forum most people seem to be cut and Iím wondering like is that a normal thing in America to have your son cut in the uk itís like rare unless your Jewish like Iím pretty sure I know one person cut who isnít Jewish in the states is it just something some parents do ?

bojack
September 26th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Yeah in america its the standard. I think dr's used to recommend it, but apparently less so in recent years, so the cut rate is going down

noah.whynot
September 26th, 2017, 05:44 PM
I'm in Canada, and it's pretty common now among guys around my age to be uncut as well. I don't think the doctors do it automatically anymore unless the parents specifically ask for it.

SeansLittleBro
September 26th, 2017, 05:48 PM
On my swim team it is about a 60-40 split between cut/uncut with cut at 60. In the US it has been done pretty standard as has been said but that is changing....If i ever have a boy (well not naturally obviously) I would not circumcise him and allow him when older to make his own decision.

kro814
September 26th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Everyone in my class is cut. I have only seen one boy that was uncut and that was at public pool.

logan2002
September 26th, 2017, 08:20 PM
In my grade at school only one boy is uncut, and he moved here in second grade

About only uncut guy I have seen

alexander_
September 27th, 2017, 02:58 AM
here in australia most people are uncut, just because parents don't really ask for it. at school I'd say 80% of people have foreskins and the others are jewish or born overseas.

mick01
September 27th, 2017, 09:27 AM
I have never seen an uncut dick irl. Between sports and pe I have taken tons of showers with boys and they've all been cut. At least I'm sure I would have noticed if they weren't.

Hermes
September 27th, 2017, 11:21 AM
If you delve into history, apart from religious reasons, circumcision seems to have started in the UK as a way to try to stop boys from masturbating and was quickly taken up by puritans in the USA for the same reason, though it would not have worked in either place. This was, of course, long before people finally realised that masturbation is perfectly normal and healthy.

Later, the UK abandoned it. I think it's popularity had already waned by the time the UK NHS was formed but that would have settled the matter as the NHS has never funded it as a routine operation, only when there is a clear medical need.

The Americans have continued the practice much longer. For a time their association for paediatricians, whose name I forget, recommended it for what have appeared to be statistically insignificant benefits. I think they even changed their minds several times. What's left seems to be primarily social inertia, i.e. dads who are circumcised thinking their sons should look like them and worrying that they'd be odd-one-out if left uncut.

Ronann
September 27th, 2017, 12:14 PM
I am in Turkey, its a religious duty for muslims

jamie_n5
September 27th, 2017, 12:33 PM
It seemed to be the thing to do here in the US after WWII. Doctors and others seemed to feel that circumcision was better and cleaner so it became a popular and almost standard thing to do. Since the 1990's there has been a steady decline in the number of circumcisions in the US. In my area I would say it's nearly 50/50 with maybe a slight more boys being cut than uncut.

ChillaxBoy17
September 27th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Idk I guess it's because historically people thought it was healthier to get cut, so parents had their boys circumcised at birth. But yeah nowadays it's not really needed. If you have good hygiene and look after yourself, being uncut is fine.

skittlesh
September 28th, 2017, 01:25 AM
Wow very interesting to discover diffent communities way of treating it. In the uk if someone said they were circumcised their fitness would point and go haha snippy snippy or laugh and call them a Jew. Weird how it’s like soo different elsewhere

NewLeafsFan
September 28th, 2017, 01:40 AM
It's a cultural thing. Personally, I live in Canada and I was circumcised for health reasons about 6 months ago. I can't speak for each state but if you do research circumcision rates vary heavily by state.

My guess is that North Americans don't adapt as quickly as most European countries do. So when circumcision stopped being believed to have many health benefits, European countries stopped almost instantaneously while North Americans are stopping the practice at a much slower rate.

Rain Boy
September 28th, 2017, 07:18 AM
It's a cultural thing. Personally, I live in Canada and I was circumcised for health reasons about 6 months ago. I can't speak for each state but if you do research circumcision rates vary heavily by state.

My guess is that North Americans don't adapt as quickly as most European countries do. So when circumcision stopped being believed to have many health benefits, European countries stopped almost instantaneously while North Americans are stopping the practice at a much slower rate.

Yup, and I read the rates vary according to whether health plans will pay for infant circumcision. In Canada, none of the provincial plans do. BC was the first province to stop paying. Maybe the NDP is anti-circumcision. :lol:

ZigZagg
September 28th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Here in switzerland most guys aren't cut.
Dunno why so many are cut in the US

auser_name
September 28th, 2017, 10:22 AM
I'm from England and by the looks of it, most American doctors perform the operation of their own back unless the parents specify that they don't want it done which I think Is wrong personally but that my view, Where as in England the parents have to specify to get it done.

igalg
September 28th, 2017, 02:06 PM
I am from Israel, and all Israeli guys are cut because its a religious duty for Jews (I am Christian, but I decided that I want to be circumcised anyway).

ska8er
September 28th, 2017, 05:04 PM
My Mom and Dad r doctors and 80% of
new born male babies born-they say the
parents wanted them to b cut.

fernandorolon
September 28th, 2017, 10:02 PM
it's pretty common in the us. i'm from paraguay so i'm uncut.

Jericho14
September 29th, 2017, 06:21 AM
Im from Philippines and most of the people there get cut during puberty or before they turn 13. It's seen as rite of passage to manhood. This has been practiced ever since Islam arrived in country..

scott2002
September 29th, 2017, 06:53 AM
Yeah in america its the standard.
My own un-scientific observation at my school, in the showers and in sports, is that all of the boys born here in the USA are cut, but a lot (maybe most) of the immigrant boys are uncut.

Lord Of Curiosity
October 1st, 2017, 06:43 AM
In my country its extremely rare. Only a few with their religion do that sort of thing. Personally I find cutting someone mutilation on a boy whom cant even choose for himself yet. The risk of bacteria is next to none if you just clean yourself.

Chetz
October 1st, 2017, 07:01 AM
It does not bother me wether I'm the only male in this planet who is circumcised or I'm the only one who is uncircumcised.

niceguy44
October 1st, 2017, 08:21 AM
I'm from England.I'm cut for religious reasons.I'm Jewish

redi04
October 1st, 2017, 10:10 AM
I think more people in USA are cut for many reasons I am cut from birth for hygiene and I am happy with that

NewLeafsFan
October 3rd, 2017, 12:55 AM
I follow politics closely and I have not heard of it in Canadian politics. Generally Conservatives take longer to adapt, which isn't always a bad thing, while Liberals and New Democrats are more progressive.

Yup, and I read the rates vary according to whether health plans will pay for infant circumcision. In Canada, none of the provincial plans do. BC was the first province to stop paying. Maybe the NDP is anti-circumcision. :lol: