PDA

View Full Version : What do you think Military Action with North Korea would look like (War Scenario)

Cjmccjface
September 23rd, 2017, 11:34 PM
I'm addicted to Military Aviation, and I was just wondering what y'alls opinion on this is. Because the Anus that is Fat Kimmy has got to be shut at some point. XD

Drunkenprofesser
September 24th, 2017, 01:37 AM
just carpet bomb everything north of the 38th parallel. problem solved

Snowfox
September 24th, 2017, 03:12 AM
Well from military perspective just aviation=bombig from air is not going to solve situation.

To solve this military problem with arms is going to need 4 main components working both at same time and coordinated.

Well bombing major and all kinds of targets is juts one thing. Air superiority is another.
But bomber plane can be in one place at given time and most usually that is airbase while being on maintenance. Also plane can carry only so much payload and this means that both Air support and strategic bombing is not available at evry possible place.
This brings Ground forces to game. You need massive artillery capabilities and cruise missiles as well as Tanks and infantry along with massive supply lines. You also need to take care of North Korean Navy and that needs Navy capability there.
Then You have to prepare for landing too so you need Marines as well. And now I didnt even mention nuclear weapons and their possible use. Its totally another story.

When it comes to solving things with force... Yes its plausible. It will cost lots of money and even then it needs support of allies like Japan and South Korea. And it needs enough pressure and power to make clear to China and Russia to not to intervene.
Another thing is other countries and regions.
North Korea has lots of allies. Like EU, Canada, Russia, Cuba, Venezuela, Most of Middle East.

ShineintheDark
September 24th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Another thing is other countries and regions.
North Korea has lots of allies. Like EU, Canada, Russia, Cuba, Venezuela, Most of Middle East.

The nations of the EU have little to no interest in the wars the US fights, let alone with yet another Eastern power. I can vouch that if the British government even looks towards NK the British people will crucify them (especially after Iraq).
Canada will take little invovement in such a war because they have no personal interests with it beyond their own safety. For diplomatic reasons they may take a role similar to the UK in Vietnam: they will train and harbour US soldiers but never go to war themselves.
Russia does not care and never will. This is not their war, Kim is not their ally. The Kims have not been allies with Russia since the fall of the USSR.
Cuba and Venezuala are not war-like nations, they usually never go to war, especially not in their current climates. Their funding goes towards the people and the people alone until their economic struggles are alleviated.
The Middle East won't care either for that matter. Iran has no love for any nation beyond (arguably) Afghanistan and won't risk screwing up their nuclear deal for the sake of pissing of the US. Saudi never fights wars directly, their method of conflict has always been bbackdoor dealings and armings. Either way, they would never be involved enough for them to be considered 'enemies of the US'. Iraq, Yemen, Oman and Syria are in no way fighting shape.

I hope this alleviates some of your worries :)

mattsmith48
September 24th, 2017, 10:10 AM
About we solve this without having millions of unnecessary deaths in South Korea and Japan plus the people of North Korea who have suffered greatly. We all know what he wants, not being overthrown and kill by US forces like they did in the Middle East.

Snowfox The only allies of North Korea is China and its only because they don't want refugees to start coming in.

Snowfox
September 24th, 2017, 10:10 AM
The nations of the EU have little to no interest in the wars the US fights, let alone with yet another Eastern power. I can vouch that if the British government even looks towards NK the British people will crucify them (especially after Iraq).
Canada will take little invovement in such a war because they have no personal interests with it beyond their own safety. For diplomatic reasons they may take a role similar to the UK in Vietnam: they will train and harbour US soldiers but never go to war themselves.
Russia does not care and never will. This is not their war, Kim is not their ally. The Kims have not been allies with Russia since the fall of the USSR.
Cuba and Venezuala are not war-like nations, they usually never go to war, especially not in their current climates. Their funding goes towards the people and the people alone until their economic struggles are alleviated.
The Middle East won't care either for that matter. Iran has no love for any nation beyond (arguably) Afghanistan and won't risk screwing up their nuclear deal for the sake of pissing of the US. Saudi never fights wars directly, their method of conflict has always been bbackdoor dealings and armings. Either way, they would never be involved enough for them to be considered 'enemies of the US'. Iraq, Yemen, Oman and Syria are in no way fighting shape.

I hope this alleviates some of your worries :)

You are wrong in many things.
Iran is ally of north korea because north korea arms them and they have same enemy.
YOu migh be right about UK I admit that. Russia on other hand is USSR in every respect but name. And their reasons being ally to North Korea are both ideological and geopolitical latter means that USA has to have as many enemies other than Russia. Same two reasons apply to china but ideological similarities are even more important.
When it comes to other middle east (except Israel) everyone is enemy of USA and they want destruction of USA in long term so they support North Korea directly or nondirectly either way.
EU and Canada are supporting North Korea directly based on Ideological reasons.
Both EU and Canada are purely communistic regimes and they see North Korea as ideological example. They may do it indirectly but they more or less openly hate USA.
Australia is neutral or ally of USA.
Many while not all African countries are direct allies of North Korea while they lack significance Madagascar and Kongo to name 2.
Japan like i said and South Korea are US allies.
Many south Asian countries stand either as US allies or ideological enemies like Thailand is Ally and Indonesia is enemy.

In Europe not all countries are same anyway. Mainly former west europe is so communistic and openly hostile to USA and freedom that they see North Korea as ideal society. ON other hand former east block people and governments mainly have had enough of communism and are supporting USA. Estonia, Latvia, Czech Republic Poland amongst most important while for some reason Bulgaria maintains strong ties to North Korea and is their ally.

USA also has big problems in home which we all agree. In USA there is strong support of North Korea in certain mainly Democratic circles and last president supported anything that would hurt USA because it was his main motive. There are even purely communistic state inside of USA which is California.

Sword of the morning
September 24th, 2017, 10:17 AM
What I could see happening is a large missile launch from Korea. After that the u.s would lead large amounts of bombing and missiles followed by a ground invasion to round everything up.

NewLeafsFan
September 25th, 2017, 02:27 AM
My opinion is very simple. Kim Jung Un has not fired anything with the intent to injure anyone outside of North Korea. War would probably end the world as we know it. I'm hoping that no one takes the first shot. Trump has not been given a good enough reason to fire and I hope he never does.

Mars
September 25th, 2017, 06:22 AM
My opinion is very simple. Kim Jung Un has not fired anything with the intent to injure anyone outside of North Korea. War would probably end the world as we know it. I'm hoping that no one takes the first shot. Trump has not been given a good enough reason to fire and I hope he never does.

That's not true necessarily. They were testing over the pacific near Japan, giving them some flack, and they also threatened Guam AND the mainland, as well as their constant threats to South Korea.

mattsmith48
September 25th, 2017, 06:35 AM
That's not true necessarily. They were testing over the pacific near Japan, giving them some flack, and they also threatened Guam AND the mainland, as well as their constant threats to South Korea.

Guam is a island in the middle of the pacific with the population size of Frisco, Texas why are you so obsessed with it, I'm more worried about more likely targets in South Korea and Japan.

Mars
September 25th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Guam is a island in the middle of the pacific with the population size of Frisco, Texas why are you so obsessed with it, I'm more worried about more likely targets in South Korea and Japan.

Why am I obsessed with it? Well 1. I'm not. 2. It's US territory 3. Theres people there???

Also, I did name off South Korea and Japan so what's ur issue here?

mattsmith48
September 25th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Why am I obsessed with it? Well 1. I'm not. 2. It's US territory 3. Theres people there???

Also, I did name off South Korea and Japan so what's ur issue here?

You talk about Guam like he as nuclear missiles aim at the island ready to fire at any moment.

Mars
September 25th, 2017, 07:20 AM
You talk about Guam like he as nuclear missiles aim at the island ready to fire at any moment.

You talk about South Korea and Japan like he has nuclear missiles aimed st the island ready to fire at any moment

u see how dumb that sounds?

Kim Jong Un has threatened the US, South Korea, and Japan countless amounts of times. I'm saying to the previous user that what he said, which is Kim jong un isnt threatening, ISNT true. Idk what ur trying to argue with me about because this is the first time I've ever been in a NK related thread so

Dmaxd123
September 25th, 2017, 10:52 AM
China will actually be the wildcard if it comes to North Korea pulling the trigger and thinking they want a fight

I will say I think with Trump in office North Korea will actually play it safe, play with their guns but not do anything that will provoke an attack from the US. Trump & Mattis I feel would fight a bit harder & dirtier with North Korea knowing what N. Korea has been testing so it will be fast and messy but probably not many ground troops.

If it comes down to fighting North Korea China will be that questionable country that could help either side, but likely "help" both sides while telling the world "we are staying neutral"

ShineintheDark
September 25th, 2017, 11:54 AM
You are wrong in many things.
Iran is ally of north korea because north korea arms them and they have same enemy.

Oh they hate the US, no question. They just aren't gonna do anything.

YOu migh be right about UK I admit that. Russia on other hand is USSR in every respect but name. And their reasons being ally to North Korea are both ideological and geopolitical latter means that USA has to have as many enemies other than Russia. Same two reasons apply to china but ideological similarities are even more important.

Russia has changed quite a lot from the fall of the USSR, whilst still opposing the US, Russian society and government structure have very much changed. Their dislike for the US is no longer on Capitalism/Communism grounds but simply because the US continues to act against it at any given moment, even when Russia hasn't really done anything. Granted, they evidently hacked the DNC at this election and may have helped Trump (argue that later) but otherwise Russia has no real interests in the matters of the US beyond trade and therefore would not get involved in this war.
China has no real love for NK, They're trade partners, sure, but why would China choose to back the otherwise-afriendless NK when they could choose to remain sweeter with the much larger trade bloc of the US and her allies?

EU and Canada are supporting North Korea directly based on Ideological reasons.
Both EU and Canada are purely communistic regimes and they see North Korea as ideological example. They may do it indirectly but they more or less openly hate USA.

I'mma give you some homework kiddo. Kindly research real Communistic regimes and then come back to us with a genuine assessment of how the EU or canada fits into that bracket.

Many south Asian countries stand either as US allies or ideological enemies like Thailand is Ally and Indonesia is enemy.

or, more accurately, many South Asian countries are a little salty at how much the US has chosen to try and bully them (Pakistan, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Indonesia).

In Europe not all countries are same anyway. Mainly former west europe is so communistic and openly hostile to USA and freedom that they see North Korea as ideal society. ON other hand former east block people and governments mainly have had enough of communism and are supporting USA. Estonia, Latvia, Czech Republic Poland amongst most important while for some reason Bulgaria maintains strong ties to North Korea and is their ally.

I really don't understand where you get this idea from. Western Europe (UK, Germany, France etc) have always been, without fail, the US' largest allies in any of it's conflicts. We backed every president from Roosevelt to Obama, no matter what they did or how wrong they turned out to be. Just because we don't support Little Hands Donny and we have tried to fix the problems caused by the US in the Middle East (albeit not perfectly and with many setbacks) doesn't mean the entirity of Western Europe has secretly been taken over by the Communist Illuminati.
As for Eastern Europe, well, I'm pretty sure they have very little love for the US. It was the UN who interfered for them in times of crisis, not the US. It was theEU who has taken on their economic troubles, not the US. Yes, they disagree with the EU greatly about immigration and refugees but otherwise they aren't stupid enough to realise that, if it came between this clearly-Communistic EU that evidently would oppose the US at all costs and President Cheeto, they would remain neutral or support the EU.

USA also has big problems in home which we all agree. In USA there is strong support of North Korea in certain mainly Democratic circles and last president supported anything that would hurt USA because it was his main motive. There are even purely communistic state inside of USA which is California.
Well, I specifically remember majority of the Democrats being fierce warhawks and supportive of any action against North Korea. I mean, look how happy most of them were to pat Donny on the back for his Syria bombings. As for Obama, he wasn't perfect to any degree but I think any reasonable person would agree he tried his best to do what he saw was best for his country and gave the people what his base wanted, even if that never appeased Republicans. He bombed the shit out of Afghanistan, Iraq and Yemen. What else could you ask for?

mattsmith48
September 25th, 2017, 12:28 PM
China will actually be the wildcard if it comes to North Korea pulling the trigger and thinking they want a fight

I will say I think with Trump in office North Korea will actually play it safe, play with their guns but not do anything that will provoke an attack from the US. Trump & Mattis I feel would fight a bit harder & dirtier with North Korea knowing what N. Korea has been testing so it will be fast and messy but probably not many ground troops.

If it comes down to fighting North Korea China will be that questionable country that could help either side, but likely "help" both sides while telling the world "we are staying neutral"

I guess well know soon enough since North Korea is now accusing Trump of declaring war.

NewLeafsFan
September 28th, 2017, 01:33 AM

What I said is completely true. They tested over Japan and threatened Guam and constantly threaten South Korea. They have no fired with the intent to kill anyone yet.

Mars
September 28th, 2017, 07:35 AM
What I said is completely true. They tested over Japan and threatened Guam and constantly threaten South Korea. They have no fired with the intent to kill anyone yet.

Well yea they haven't fired anything at anyone but it doesn't mean they don't want to. That's kinda what I meant sorry for misinterpreting :P

mattsmith48
September 28th, 2017, 10:22 AM

Well yea they haven't fired anything at anyone but it doesn't mean they don't want to. That's kinda what I meant sorry for misinterpreting :P

With the exception of South Korea and maybe Japan with conventional weapons we don't even know if they can really hit anyone if they wanted to.

Alisha_
September 29th, 2017, 02:46 PM
With the exception of South Korea and maybe Japan with conventional weapons we don't even know if they can really hit anyone if they wanted to.

But if they could, it'd lead to scary outcome. Just reading some of the things you guys think could happen is making me stressed.

ShineintheDark
September 30th, 2017, 07:03 AM
But if they could, it'd lead to scary outcome. Just reading some of the things you guys think could happen is making me stressed.
Just remember that most of these are purely hypothetical. The US has avoided armed conflict with NK for over 60 years now and will continue to do so. Everything will be fine and it's very very unlikely that war will actually break out.

Alisha_
September 30th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Just remember that most of these are purely hypothetical. The US has avoided armed conflict with NK for over 60 years now and will continue to do so. Everything will be fine and it's very very unlikely that war will actually break out.

Yeah i know it's all hypothetical and that, but still, if war does break out it will be very scary for I think everyone. With them flaunting around their nuclear weapons and that trying to show off, it kind of feels like if they are backed into a corner, they might just want to go out and take everyone with them type of thing.
I think that's the thing that scares me most if we do go to war.