PDA

View Full Version : Dress code

logan2002
September 22nd, 2017, 01:53 PM
Having a fall heat wave, temps in 90's. We have to wear dress pants or khaki's, along with a collared shirt. With this heat wave we can wear shorts, not cut offs or gym style shorts. Do any of you go to schools with dress codes?

Endeavour
September 22nd, 2017, 01:56 PM
The dress code at my school is pretty casual. We can wear pretty much whatever we want, apart from ripped jeans, large logos, shorts etc. There are certain days throughout the year where we have to dress smartly (ie with a shirt and tie).

devotionnel
September 22nd, 2017, 02:07 PM
Our dress code is strictly business wear only. We get the same dress code as the teachers.

One of my friends got sent home because her dress was 1 inch above her knees. The dress code states 3 inches above the knee is the shortest allowed. So I guess they enforce the dress code really strictly and down our throats.

Jinglebottom
September 22nd, 2017, 02:13 PM
We can wear whatever we like, as long as it's not too revealing (but it's not strictly enforced).

Barbara.
September 22nd, 2017, 02:27 PM
We can wear whatever we like, as long as it's not too revealing (but it's not strictly enforced).
That describe our dress code also. If you come to school with torn jeans that's revealing your parents will be called to either come get you or bring proper clothing.

Jinglebottom
September 22nd, 2017, 02:39 PM
That describe our dress code also. If you come to school with torn jeans that's revealing your parents will be called to either come get you or bring proper clothing.
Ours is even more relaxed than that. Ripped jeans are allowed, but the only item of clothing that isn't are short/booty shorts, pretty much.

MissMolly
September 22nd, 2017, 07:48 PM
The biggest thing at my school is no hats. So, good luck if you are having a bad hair day. lol

Though they will send you home if they think your clothes are too revealing. And if your shirt has something vulgar on it, they make you turn it inside out or put on a P.E./gym t-shirt.

Just JT
September 22nd, 2017, 07:55 PM
Yeah no uniforms or neck ties or certain length skirt stuff but still stricter than other public schools.

No riped clothing, nothing to revealing. You can't hang your pants so low your ass or something can hang out exposing all your boxers like all the gang bangers do. No sleeveless shirts, nothing to short. No hats, no hoodies, nothing suggesting alcohol or drugs

And if in a shop, you need shop appropriate clothing. Not like you cant wear a t shirt and shorts if welding or something lol!!

messid
September 22nd, 2017, 08:06 PM
Having a fall heat wave, temps in 90's. We have to wear dress pants or khaki's, along with a collared shirt. With this heat wave we can wear shorts, not cut offs or gym style shorts. Do any of you go to schools with dress codes?

nah...my schools dress code is pretty easy...we can wear alot of things just nothing crazy!

kirsty_js16
October 8th, 2017, 05:04 AM
we have to wear a uniform

NewLeafsFan
October 9th, 2017, 09:54 PM
The high school that I went to had a uniform policy but it included shorts

benster
October 17th, 2017, 10:40 AM
White shirt black sweater black trousers black smart shoes

Hamodyalot
October 21st, 2017, 02:27 PM
We use the traditional white saudi dress in school

devotionnel
November 6th, 2017, 01:23 AM
I never knew teachers had uniform too.

I'm not sure how it is in other countries, but in the UK teachers also have to dress smart, in business wear basically. It's mostly since the younger years will 99% of the time have a uniform and the older 2 years have a dress code of sorts.

My year and the year above may also be getting lanyards soon, too.

sophielicious
November 25th, 2017, 07:52 AM
we have to wear a uniform

Same

The Stalwart
November 25th, 2017, 08:51 AM

Let me guess: Catholic school?

Just JT
November 25th, 2017, 09:35 AM

I was in catholic schools for about 1.5 years. That uniform sucked so bad in the warm weather

logan2002
November 25th, 2017, 01:00 PM

Yes.

Just JT
November 25th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Yes.

Are you in catholic school now?

Tori123
November 25th, 2017, 11:42 PM
I hate the school dress code it drives me crazy because I went from a school who could careless what you wear then to a school if you show your shoulders or have holes in your pants you get sent to the principals