PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure if I like her

WhoWhatWhen
September 19th, 2017, 08:47 PM
I have a friend, and a week and a half ago it was abruptly told to me through a person that she likes me. I asked her and she said she did. I said that I still wanted to be friends. Her liking me kind of came out of no where so I wasn't expecting it/didn't really know what to say.

Ever since she has told me I feel different around her. I think I like her back? I'm not sure because I don't usually like people like this. I'm not really sure if I'm attracted to her or the idea of a relationship. Either way, I don't want to loose her friendship. She's a really good friend of mine. Idk what to do.

mick01
September 20th, 2017, 09:04 AM
I think you should have an open and honest talk with your friend telling her what you wrote here. The two of you need to talk through your feelings and about putting your friendship at risk should a relationship develop and then go bad.

Just JT
September 20th, 2017, 05:29 PM
I agree with mick01.

But also you touched on something is you're not sure if you're attracted to her to. That's called maybe curious?

Talking with her is the key, really is.
Explore from there, but also know you risk a good friendship no matter what you do. Depending on how you handle it.

ska8er
September 21st, 2017, 03:53 PM
Continue to b friends with her til
u feel that u r more comfortable
letting the friendship to go further.
She said she likes u so believe her
but make up ur mind how u feel
bout her. U just might lose her.

noah.whynot
September 21st, 2017, 06:24 PM
It's great that finding out she likes you didn't freak you out, especially if this is new for you in terms of whether you like her in the same way. I think it's right that you need to talk to her and tell her basically what you said here. If you're open to exploring a different kind of relationship with her then you both need to be clear about that. I'm thinking it's hard to go back to a regular friendship if a romantic relationship doesn't work out.