PDA

View Full Version : please help me out

Whos_ur_Buddha
March 3rd, 2014, 11:47 PM
I was laying in my bead when it started to look like the ceiling started moving almost like the dots on the ceiling ( the stuff on the ceiling) were getting closer and further to one another creating ripples. This started happening to me a couple of months ago. Also some other strange things started happening. I'm just looking for answers like what could be cau sing this and how can i get this to go away. Please help. Also if you have any question or just curious message me.

Karkat
March 7th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Well, it could be the result of the way things work in your eyes sometimes. (We all get flashes and floaters- which seem like hallucinations, but are really easy to explain.) It could also be the result of a dissociative episode/disorder. When you have a dissociative episode, sometimes you can have hallucinations, or 'out of body' like experiences. Sometimes people who have dissociative episodes think that they're schizophrenic/etc.- which, to be fair, schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder DO include dissociative episodes. However, it's perfectly possible to have dissociative episodes and not be schizophrenic, or even have a disorder. In fact, I think most people can have them from time to time- dehydration can cause it, sleep deprivation can cause it, other disorders can cause it, etc.

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it's a recurring thing, and it really upsets you. Best of luck.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I have dissociative episodes/tendencies, and when I look at the carpet for too long, it moves. I've come to accept it.

jayce_xt
March 7th, 2014, 03:02 PM
^^^^ I completely agree with the above poster. I'm curious, though: you mentioned "other strange things". Could you be a bit more specific? Maybe if you share these things, it can help the rest of us help you better :)

JamesSuperBoy
March 7th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Could be you were just tired or sleepy - but the floaters in your eyes is also a good start.

Whos_ur_Buddha
March 10th, 2014, 08:09 PM
I have nightmares, low self of stream and, issues with concentrating (started recently). Also i started having social issues. And thanks your probably right also that was very helpful.

Syvelocin
March 16th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Do you constantly see stuff like this or does it only happen under specific circumstances? Cause I have a lot of visual, umm... phenomena, and I remember something sort of similar as a kid when I would lay in bed and look up at the ceiling. We had those really rough-plastered ceilings if you know what I'm talking about, and something about my visual stuff plus the textures on the ceiling made some strange stuff. I see similar stuff but it moves differently nowadays. I have stage 3 closed-eye hallucinations, visual snow, photophobia, yada yada. I'm not accusing you now of doing them, but have you ever done hallucinogenics? Some people have permanent visual hallucinations due to past drug use, but you can have been clean your whole life and still have stuff like that.