PDA

View Full Version : Foraging

PlasmaHam
September 19th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Does anyone else forage, as in collecting wild fruits and vegetables? I've been doing so for years, and this is around that time of year which most wild plants produce their fruits. So far this year, I've foraged for wild blackberries, muscadines, chestnuts, walnuts, pawpaws, persimmons, and hickory nuts. So if you forage I would be interested in what you collect.

Babs
September 19th, 2017, 09:28 PM
oh man. i've got a fuck ton of blackberries and mulberries that grow on my property. i'll munch on those here and there during the summer. but much more rarely i will find morel mushrooms. i've eaten them sautéed on their own but i don't find enough to get any lasting enjoyment from that so i'll add them to pasta sauce.

i was actually mushroom hunting as this thread was posted but i didn't find any.

Mars
September 19th, 2017, 09:42 PM
I wish!! I live in the city so I can't exactly do that :P but I remember at my great grandmothers house, behind her house was a foresty area, could walk thru n pick blackberries n stuff was awesome. My grandmother now, she lives in Florida, n so there's a bunch of tropical trees and bushes that grow fruit off em.

Living For Love
September 20th, 2017, 05:54 AM
I've foraged mushrooms with my dad once, it was fun. We went into a small forest near my neighbourhood, and it was pretty nice just being outdoors and doing something I had never done before.

Scarface
September 20th, 2017, 06:23 AM
There's a few raspberry bushes and a mall Berry tree near my house so when I take a stroll thru the woods like I generally do daily. I'll snack on those. I think it's pretty cool that you have access to those things. I live in generally busy 'city' so finding cool shit like that you'll mean trailblazing through the parks.

Sword of the morning
September 24th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Living in the desert in not hard to find plants to eat it's just the matter of they don't want to be eaten. Prickly pears are available most times a year but the but the spines are annoying. Theres these other red berrys lemonade berrys.

Alisha_
September 29th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Before i moved to california my mom use to take me and my sister out to pick wild cranberries to make juice from. Tasted really good!

noah.whynot
September 29th, 2017, 06:06 PM
No, not really. I think I'd be afraid I'd pick something that was poisonous. About the only thing was picking strawberries, but that was at a strawberry farm and I felt pretty safe LOL

Claire Asteroid
October 1st, 2017, 04:55 PM
Blackberries!