PDA

View Full Version : Birth Control Advice

Countrypie20
September 16th, 2017, 06:08 PM
I have my first real bf and I really like him. We started dating at the beginning of the summer and we just started doing oral. He really wants to go all the way and I do too but I am petrified of getting pregnant. That would be a real game changer for me. I want something more than condoms for protection but I can't without my parents permission. They would kill me.

What are the chances of getting pregnant with a condom and is there anyway that a 17 year old girl can get birth control without their parents permission in Florida.

Like I said he is my first real bf and I don't want to lose him.

Boys have it so easy and don't even know it.

Just JT
September 16th, 2017, 08:05 PM
In Florida, at 17 you are not of age to consent to have sex yet, but you are of age of majority. And that gives you certain rights. Also there are ways you can get the pill in florida w/o parental consent. The only one I think you could get done is if a MD deems there a medical reason. Read below about this and title X and your privacy right being the age of majority

The local,planned parenthood has MD in house, they'll help you. If all you need to do is get one to say there's a medical reason, then that's easy, to avoid pregnancy. They don't need to say what the medical,reason is, and your rents will never know any of this.

Good luck

https://sexetc.org/states/florida

Mars
September 16th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Condoms usually work fine, but make sure he's using a good size one. Also, theres ways of getting birth control

Countrypie20
September 16th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Can you point to a site that can explain how I can get proper bc?

shy_indian_chick
September 16th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Can you point to a site that can explain how I can get proper bc?

if there's a planned parenthood in your area, they will be able to help you out. that said, condoms have a very low failure rate when used correctly.

PlasmaHam
September 16th, 2017, 09:52 PM
There is always a risk of pregnancy was vaginal intercourse. There are ways to reduce it, but the risk is always there. So idk the exact statistics, but there is always a small chance that any birth control method will fail, so just keep that in mind.

ChloeF
September 16th, 2017, 09:56 PM
I have my first real bf and I really like him. We started dating at the beginning of the summer and we just started doing oral. He really wants to go all the way and I do too but I am petrified of getting pregnant. That would be a real game changer for me. I want something more than condoms for protection but I can't without my parents permission. They would kill me.

What are the chances of getting pregnant with a condom and is there anyway that a 17 year old girl can get birth control without their parents permission in Florida.

Like I said he is my first real bf and I don't want to lose him.

Boys have it so easy and don't even know it.

They do but condoms will be more than sufficient protection if you want to have sex, they're all a lot of people use they're entire lives for bc.

Endeavour
September 17th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Duplicate threads have been merged. ~Endeavour

Taryn98
September 17th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Just go to Planned Parenthood. They can give you BC and they cannot tell personal information to your parents without your consent.

jamie_n5
September 17th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Condoms work fine. Just get a good name brand like Trojan or Lifestyles and make sure they fit good. I think if you asked your doctor to put you on birth control pills that they would do it for you.

ska8er
September 17th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Guys don't have it so easy. There is a lot
of abstinence as well as peer pressure.

Ashwells9991
September 18th, 2017, 05:51 AM
i think condoms are a pretty solid choice if u cant get the pill. if used properly like right size n stuff they should be fine

elmoc
September 18th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Condoms with a spermicide. Also you could insert a spermicidal foam or gel into your vagina before sex. That, plus the condom should be pretty secure.

hayley2003
September 18th, 2017, 04:20 PM
obgyn drs are a good place to get bc and ask private questions. mine gyn dr won't even tell my mom what we talk about unless i say its ok. she recommends using at least two types of bc in case one fails. she told me guys should always be using a condom, and the girl should consider something like a bc pill. when i was in the 6th grade a girl in my class got pregnant from her bf. she didn't find out for 3 months. she didn't think she was developed enough yet.