PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't I close to anyone

skittlesh
September 16th, 2017, 02:33 PM
I used to be super close to this friend and it was great we could talk abou lit anything and everything but he started doing drugs and I wasn't into that and just like that our friendship disapeared to the point where I saw him on the street or in a restaurant and didn't even smile. I miss that and know I wan don't to make friends in school but I just don't know how I can't get close to people I'm just stuck in this 'friends' area I wanna have a best friend. It wasn't like my previous friendship was founded on years of knowing each other is known my sxhool friends longer it was just that we clicked! My school is huge and I get along with h a lot of people. Possibly I have an image of 'un popular' that's fizzled away but could still be there. There's one really popular girl who really likes me and that's very helpful but maybe her boifs a little jealous cause he's a lot more popular and I get the feeling he has the feeling that's there is 3 people in the relationship and that i cock block or something but she always comes sit next to me in class and stuff and I travel yo and from school with her. Basically I just don't know if anyone at school likes me or just tolerates me !

noah.whynot
September 16th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Finding a friend with whom you "click" to the point that you can share everything and talk about anything isn't always easy. You either click with someone or you don't, at least in my experience. Until recently I changed schools a fair bit and it was always hard starting over almost to the point where I almost stopped really trying too hard to get too close to people so that I wouldn't be disappointed when I had to move again. I've been in a pretty stable place now for a little over a year and it's really changed my attitude. I do now have a friend with whom I can talk to about anything (not a boy from school), but am making more friends at school now too. I guess I would say don't give up and just keep trying to meet new people if you haven't clicked with the ones you know right now. And forget about that popular/unpopular stuff, just be who you are and let others be who they are. With my many school moves and stuff, I often found that it was easier for me to make friends with the 'unpopular' guys. I'm sure if you're open to it you'll find that there are plenty of people who like you (maybe you just don't know it yet).

ska8er
September 16th, 2017, 07:43 PM
U have a lot of stuff going here but u have to
have a positive attitude of urself first in order to
make and keep friends but if u keep thinking that
in someway u r not worthy-u r not going to achieve
that. U say u get along with a lot of people. There
has to b someone there that probably needs a friend
as much as u do. As for ur friend that is into drugs-if
in someway u can help him-ok but I'm sure it is a very
hard thing to do and if u hang with him he will bring u
down as well. It is something that u don't need. The
popular girl that likes u should just b considered only
a friendship since she has a boyfriend and I don't think
u should mess with that. If she comes on to u then she
is going against her boyfriend and that not only is not
cool but she can b considered a player. Get into some
activities where u will meet other people who like the
same things that u do and I'm sure u will make some
new friends. Finally don't consider urself as unpopular.

Just JT
September 16th, 2017, 07:47 PM
I know that feeling well. When I moved a couple years ago I moved to a new part of the state, leaving all my friend. And 2 that I've known all my life, we were inseparable. And that was hard

But your friend drifted away from you cause of drugs? You just let that slip away or you try and talk with him and stuff. I get the maybe "nothing in common" but if he had something click to, the drugs may be deadening that feeling.

It's hard to make solid bro friends. Takes time. No way to know if people like you, tolerate or whatever. I'd just try and strike up a convo with someone your acquainted with who has similar interests. Not being over bearing just interested.

It's how it starts

jamie_n5
September 19th, 2017, 03:46 PM
I think that you may be over thinking and reacting to all of this. You really made the right choice staying away from your friend when he got into drugs and most likely started hanging out with the druggie crowd. Some of your other friends may have thought that you may have been involved somewhat too. I think that you can easily prove this wrong by what actions you have taken. Just keep trying to get closer to your other friends and even make more new ones if you can. I think this girl is just a good friend to you and keep it at that way as long as she is in a relationship and if she becomes available down the line then you can ask her out if you wish to.