PDA

View Full Version : Updating Instant Messaging

PlasmaHam
September 15th, 2017, 07:29 PM
I noticed that the instant messaging contact list in the User CP is in some serious need of updating. All of the current sites listed (except Skype) have lost a very large percentage of their user base over the years, and have fallen to the wayside. MSN Messager has been discontinued for years now. Also, none of the more recent and more popular messaging sites, like Discord and Facebook Messenger, are listed.

I'm just saying it might be time to update the list for 2017. Honestly, it looks like that list hasn't been updated in a decade, so its likely high-time to do so.

xXl0sth0peXx
September 17th, 2017, 10:44 AM
to be honest i'm not sure if this something that we even have control over. I'm fairly certain that it's not a setting we can change on vt itself, it's vbulletin defaults, and we could remove the field completely but i don't think we can actually change it. it's possible there's a mod for it somewhere, but discord is so new and vbulletin 3.8 is a bit older, so it's unlikely they'd have an addon with discord on it.

Just JT
September 17th, 2017, 12:46 PM
to be honest i'm not sure if this something that we even have control over. I'm fairly certain that it's not a setting we can change on vt itself, it's vbulletin defaults, and we could remove the field completely but i don't think we can actually change it. it's possible there's a mod for it somewhere, but discord is so new and vbulletin 3.8 is a bit older, so it's unlikely they'd have an addon with discord on it.

Is this the reason that VT only allows certain aps we can show in our profile?