PDA

View Full Version : Virgins

Kory123
September 15th, 2017, 05:18 PM
I do not understand the commotion of someone being a virgin, recently a girl has said shes a virgin and guys started going crazy. Is it preferred or seen as bad to do anything as far as sexual intercourse?

ska8er
September 15th, 2017, 06:35 PM
When u r a virgin ur considered pure
and untouched and many guys go crazy
when they know a girl is a virgin that she
becomes a conquest for them to dethrone.
I don't understand ur question fully but to
some people it is preferred for someone to
b a virgin other than someone who is wild
in behavior.

Uniquemind
September 15th, 2017, 09:34 PM
The reaction is mixed for different reasons, some social, some psychological, the most famous is what is mentioned above where it becomes a contest among guys.

I think it's more stereotypical among guys, but even among girls sometimes there's gossip among who can be the "temptress" toward an "innocent guy" as well, especially if the guy is very sought after by many females.

Others think dating a virgin is more emotionally pure, almost everyone agrees the first is special, and emotionally because it's your first experience at sex there is a kind of naïveté around hormonal-emotional reactions post-sex and the dividing, yet synergistic relationship the physical side of a relationship has upon the emotional side of one as well.

You see his phenomenon reflected in many lyrical puns and in poetry dating back millenia.

Others don't want emotional baggage and given they're the "first" there's less complications to deal with which can make a relationship hard or even lead to a breakup.

AussieNicholas
September 16th, 2017, 04:45 AM
For some reason this obsession doesn't exist at my school. Hell sex in general doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Plenty of kids have had relationships at my school but none of them talk about their sex lives (if they even have any in the first place). It just doesn't seem to be on anyone's minds here, or at least it's not an obsession.

mick01
September 16th, 2017, 09:18 AM
I think it would be pretty awesome if a girl chose me to be the one to take her virginity. So I think that's what get guys all lathered up when they here someone's a virgin, like maybe they'll be the one.

azurzg
September 16th, 2017, 10:02 AM
take her virginity

I agree with you, partly... I think it would be pretty special if a girl chose me to be her first sexual partner. However, the phrase "take her virginity" in my mind is inappropriate, even disrespectful.

Also... There are many myths out there about virginity... and most are not very nice for the virgins. As an example... some people in central and south Africa believe having sex with virgins cures diseases (such as AIDS) and this causes bad things to happen. Very bad things!

bojack
September 16th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Honestly, society's obsession with virginity is outdated BS, and pretty firmly rooted in centuries old misogyny. Luckily, it seems with more people being educated about social stuff in general, the obsession is starting to die out, but there are still people who believe in it

Brigje
September 16th, 2017, 11:50 AM
I think it would be pretty awesome if a girl chose me to be the one to take her virginity.

I have only quoted a part of your message by purpose because I like to rephrase it, not because I see what you write as not respectful or something, but only to say it in a way how I as a girl view it.

I would say;
“I think it would be pretty awesome if a girl chose me to be the one to share her first time sex with.”

For other’s it maybe sounds the same, but for me it is more like it should be. When it goes as it should be, a boy doesn’t take a girl’s virginity. When a girl wants it and is ready for it, she shares her first time sex with the boy of her choice and liking.

Sorry, it's nitty gritty with words, but for me it is important.
And probably you intended to say the same.

racheluk
September 16th, 2017, 02:24 PM
I do not understand the commotion of someone being a virgin, recently a girl has said shes a virgin and guys started going crazy. Is it preferred or seen as bad to do anything as far as sexual intercourse?

It depends on a lot of factors, to be honest. I wish I could say virginity isn't a big deal anymore but I still think it is for a lot of people.

Anniebanannie
September 16th, 2017, 04:33 PM
I'm a virgin.

(Waits for reaction) :p

mick01
September 16th, 2017, 04:46 PM
I have only quoted a part of your message by purpose because I like to rephrase it, not because I see what you write as not respectful or something, but only to say it in a way how I as a girl view it.

I would say;
“I think it would be pretty awesome if a girl chose me to be the one to share her first time sex with.”

For other’s it maybe sounds the same, but for me it is more like it should be. When it goes as it should be, a boy doesn’t take a girl’s virginity. When a girl wants it and is ready for it, she shares her first time sex with the boy of her choice and liking.

I totally agree with you. I never meant any disrespect. "Taking her virginity" totally sounds like it may not have been her decision or something so I apologize to anyone I offended with my very poor choice of words.

I agree with you, partly... I think it would be pretty special if a girl chose me to be her first sexual partner. However, the phrase "take her virginity" in my mind is inappropriate, even disrespectful.

Also... There are many myths out there about virginity... and most are not very nice for the virgins. As an example... some people in central and south Africa believe having sex with virgins cures diseases (such as AIDS) and this causes bad things to happen. Very bad things!

I agree Azur. Very poor choice of words. I apologize to anyone that I offended.

Posts merged ~Endeavour

Brigje
September 16th, 2017, 05:08 PM
I'm a virgin.

Anniebanannie
Virgin or no-virgin, you are the same beautiful girl :)

azurzg
September 17th, 2017, 12:13 PM
I'm a virgin.

Congratulations! :D

Just JT
September 17th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Well said Brigje
It's not taking, and she's not giving herself to him either. It's mutual.
But also, guy's, a girls first time isn't always so enjoyable either. So not sure what the conquest is about myself. If it's something both are consenting to for each other that's awesome!!!

But think about how she may feel physically, and some guys get off on that?

DoodleSnap
September 26th, 2017, 11:43 AM
I think everyone else has covered this pretty conclusively - there is a pretty stupid obsession with feminine virginity in society, which is quite often rooted in unhealthy gender roles and misogyny. Having lots of sex, or none at all, doesn't affect anyone's inherent worth.

Barbara.
September 26th, 2017, 02:31 PM
I'm a virgin.

That makes two of us loll.

MissMolly
September 26th, 2017, 06:42 PM

I would say;

I wish I could like this post more than once. :)

Let's face it; the whole concept of guys wanting to be a girl's first comes from the old idea of "he who controls a girl's sexuality, control's her." It's a male power trope that has been inherited from all over the world, and all through time.

Anniebanannie
September 26th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Yeah. :)

Uniquemind
September 26th, 2017, 10:49 PM
I wish I could like this post more than once. :)

Let's face it; the whole concept of guys wanting to be a girl's first comes from the old idea of "he who controls a girl's sexuality, control's her." It's a male power trope that has been inherited from all over the world, and all through time.

Historically yes, as well as father-to-daughter control, especially since sexuality, genetic bloodlines, and legal inheritance rights, were a transition of familial power from one generation to the next.

So that's a related but separate variable but worth mentioning as well.

In some ways at least the wealth transfer still occurs in modern day among the .01% wealth people in the world.

I can't tell you how many times I've been a fly on the wall as a child in a socialite event, where all the ladies and gentleman are all talking about this stuff, and who their children are seeing, if they'll get married to whom, who is being groomed to manage a certain aspect of the company and how that impacts stockholders etc...

Different millenia, same old story.

Like I said people haven't changed much when you go throughout time observing the human historical record all the way up into modern day.

MeganA
November 13th, 2017, 06:05 PM
it's ok to always be a virgin. wait until you are ready.

NewLeafsFan
November 14th, 2017, 11:51 PM
It can be seen as inexperienced. Some girls worry that they will be viewed as slutty if they sleep around a lot and guys worry that the opposite rumours will start about them if they are a virgin for a long time.

Leena_2003
November 17th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Me too :-)